• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Recover item sold to merchant (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,229¢
Is there any way to get an item back if you accidentally sold it to a merchant? The "Recovery" tab seems to just list items that were destroyed not sold and the item doesn't appear in the merchants inventory even though I sold it to him. :shrug:

Is there any way to get an item back if you accidentally sold it to a merchant? The "Recovery" tab seems to just list items that were destroyed not sold and the item doesn't appear in the merchants inventory even though I sold it to him. :shrug:
only if the vendor had an open "inventory" slot and you can purchase it back from them. I'm not exactly sure how many a vendor can have, but i'll usually pre-fill ~10 different items

I will sometimes "pre-fill" vendors with TS stuff i want in case folks sell them - boom now they're stacking on that vendor

but if you just went to a vendor, who's been up for a bit and is full of stuff, and sold an item and they don't have it "for sale", i think you're screwed

For a million plat item, I would be petitioning. I wonder if you were to buy the really cheap items from that merchant if your item might appear.....Food for thought
I'm sure this has worked for me before. I think only a certain number of items in the vendor's inventory are shown at once. If you buy all of the items shown, other 'buried' items will appear. This would be easy for you to test on a vendor. However, as mentioned some vendors never show sold items (aka all merchants like Alchemy Merchant). I suspect this is because there are a limited number of vendor slots (like Bazaar vendor slots).

However, since we are close to a patch day, and there could be hundreds of 'buried' items, you may never find yours, or there may only be a buffer of hidden items for a period of time. Can't hurt to try though.

Put in the petition to see if can get the item back, while at the same time you buy out that merchant and hopefully get item back that way, and if it is a lore item put it on another toon and get one back from petition went from a million plat loss to a million plat gain lol.

Put in the petition to see if can get the item back, while at the same time you buy out that merchant and hopefully get item back that way, and if it is a lore item put it on another toon and get one back from petition went from a million plat loss to a million plat gain lol.
Back in the stoneage I had a duplicate corpse with all kinds of goodies. I made out like a fat kid in the candy store with a $100 bill

For this discussion here are 2 types of merchants in POK and throughout Norrath. (yes there are more with different attributes,but we are not interested in them right now)

Type 1 is the merchants who do not sell anything but their own inventory. They will eat what ever you sell to them and you will never see it again. They never ever have any player items on them for resale. Only their own stock

Type 2 is the merchant who has his own inventory listed AND what others have sold him. As mentioned above when you sell them an item, if their inventory is full then you will not see it but it may be there in the background.

If that item was a million plat and that NPC was a type 2 - then I would be buying the cheapest stuff off him that has limited inventory cause that will free up slots for maybe your item to populate. Do not buy anything with no limits on them because those are his items and he will never run out. Its a chance and has never worked for me but I only tried it once. You really have no way of knowing how many hundred bookworms or junk was sold to him

For example If you go to the baking area in POK and in the room with the oven you will see the two types.

Klen Ironstove only sells his items. He will eat anything you sell to him

Next to him, Melet Ironstove will buy and sell pc items.

And finally is the item even coded to be sold by an NPC to begin with? Most chase loot is not

From what I was reading today, the 'buried' items feature was removed a long time ago. I tested it out, and it no longer works. There is no 'buried' cache of treasure anymore :-(
But there are caches of treasures on vendors. I frequently get really sweet stuff for cheap so maybe it only shows right when you sell it. But I would be shocked if some of the items I have found were just left on there by others

Question - Recover item sold to merchant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back