• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Recent Bannings: Post here. (1 Viewer)

lvl 71 Ogre Warrior type GM, Olihin, didn't ban us, but rolled our characters back 20 days. said first offense is roll back, 2nd is suspension, 3rd is banning. went to get samples of corruption quest in devistionion...friend did the stupid thing since we couldn't get the quest (never finished becomming a vessel) and started popping mobs for skins saga for his monk. named spawned, he dies to it, seconds later, GM shows up. everybody in group got wacked with it (only 3 toons...) my other went LD thank goodness, and my main i had just left group and zoned someplace else.

Same GM just zoned into our instance (bloodeye) and did exactly the same thing, luckily sat and camped one account, and it appears ok, i left my other on and it was disconnected and suspended for 20 days, no mention of a roll back tho.

So its byw byw eq on one account, im gonna cancel one subscription, there loss as well as mine that way............ :-)

Not sure on exact numbers but somewhere btw 3-6 monk/gk squads (each with at least 1 monk + support/looters/xp-leeches) were nailed on Saryrn today. 2 of the confirmed busts were banned/suspended (had a prior on the account). 1 of the other confirmed busts was a 20day rollback for first offense (all accounts/parties involved in the bust incident). The other 3 I've heard rumors about and wouldn't at all be surprised if it was a ban/suspsension. They're usually always online chuggin away at various shit ... none of them online today about an hour after the GM made a cleansweep of the server.

At least 15 confirmed accounts were punished today ranging from ban/rollback.

Looks like they're not sniffin or checking logs but hopping from server to server ... instance to instance.

They're on the war-path right now. I imagine the GM activity will die down in a week or so ... but I also imagine that there will be a hardcore nerf to the monkbugs. I can think of about 10 quick-fixes off the top of my head that don't require adding a dmg shield to mobs ... so I imagine they'll find one sooner rather than later.

It was good while it lasted.

got popped today on drinal....gm zoned right to me i had 2 or 3 people just watching hud and we all got 10 days and 20 day rollback was caught clearing potime lol from the gy...haters reported me for advancing too fast im sure

"advancing" too fast through ... potime?

heh either I don't understand GK'ing enough, or sometimes I think these boards are way backwards.

Sucks about the recent spike in bannings ... looks like they're only rolling back most folks though... which I think is very very interesting considering what the punishments usually are.

If I had to guess I'd say its just a show for the rest of the non-cheating population.

'advancing too fast'

Let's just put it this way: friend of mine has a monk with 2 days played ... level 75 400+ aas and a full set of CoA gear. There are circles of normal players on each server that do shit like monitor eqplayers and inspect random guildless toons. When you see a non-guilded (or trash-guilded for portal) toon at 72 one day then 75 and AMV wraps the next, it fires off alarm bells. Probably what happened is someone saw a crazy influx of gear on a toon or 3 got suspicious and petitioned.

But yeah I agree ... these punishements are laughable. They're slapping wrists to calm the masses.

13.5 k hps 2400 ac and 779aa i was clearing time for monk alts we were building ohh on a monk pof course full coa shit shademaul etc

that do shit like monitor eqplayers

You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to be looting GK gear with eqplayers update on. If you do that, you're fucking ASKING to be caught.

That said, people walking around in gear from mobs that their guild hasn't killed from is ALSO FUCKING RETARDED. You do that, and you deserve to be caught. I mean, how the hell could you possibly explain that?

thez said:
You'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to be looting GK gear with eqplayers update on. If you do that, you're fucking ASKING to be caught.

That said, people walking around in gear from mobs that their guild hasn't killed from is ALSO FUCKING RETARDED. You do that, and you deserve to be caught. I mean, how the hell could you possibly explain that?

Easy, couple top guilds on my server do open anguish raids. won in random.

Or you could just make your own guild, hide in the guild hall when you aren't doing anything, and never be seen with your full set of Osh`vir`s =p. But yeah, leaving auto-updates on and your character profile un-anon is a huge ass mistake.

thez said:

It's love from TheZ

thez said:

Or (assuming you're in a trash/family guild now) you can say that the raiding guild you used to be a part of let you tag along on a couple CoA recruit gearing runs and you won a bunch of stuff that was otherwise rotting. I'm not sure how likely that would be for real, but it should satisfy someone nosing around where they don't belong for a little while.

*edit* oh yea... and as for eqplayers and autoupdate and crap, I don't GK, and that was STILL the first thing I turned off when it came out.

thez said:

You'd also have to be stupid to be standing at the zin to RSS and trying to GK chalaik who has a zonewide shout evertime somone instigates his aggro list after a clear ... doesn't mean people don't do it anyways and get themselves banned. People do stupid shit. People get excessive. People GK TSS raid loot on servers where nobody has even beaten the encounters legitimately.

Moral of the story? People are stupid. Stupid people get people's attention. Once a stupid people get the attention of the masses, people keep a hawk's eye on the people they see running around PoK and the lobby. Unless you keep entirely to yourself there are people that know you and what you're capable of ... and it'll stick out like a sore thumb when people inspect you. GKing is so rampant on my server that I no longer bat my eyes when I see some random guy in a lowbie/family/nothing guild running around with full CoA minus their epic 2. Hell ... go to dranik scar and you'll always find a few of them. My favorite thing is finding a group full of level 75 drakkins doing mass Loyalist faction groups in Dranik scar ... wearing full CoA gear in all slots and magnetic in their visible armor slots. It's funny ... it really is, and I'd wager this is who GMs are targetting. I imagine they've got a list of names for suspicious characters and they've got a few people staffed to watch the movements/activities of said individuals. If you've stuck out like a sore thumb, you can count on being watched.

Sum1 said:
Or (assuming you're in a trash/family guild now) you can say that the raiding guild you used to be a part of let you tag along on a couple CoA recruit gearing runs and you won a bunch of stuff that was otherwise rotting. I'm not sure how likely that would be for real, but it should satisfy someone nosing around where they don't belong for a little while.
Not very likely. I'm in a top end raiding guild that is long past CoA farming and as far as I know no Anguish BP has gone to rot yet. Not a one. Hell, I don't even have one yet and my main is the number one it its class on the server.

If you're in a top end guild though, most of CoA is 2 groupable. Jelvan would probably take 3, but I do know of several raid squads on my server that do legitimately take out CoA weekly with 2-3 groups. If you are in a high end guild and want to twink out some alts ... there's always an excuse there.

But it's true ... if you're in a random no-name guild ... you can make all sorts of excuses for your CoA gear, but nobody will believe you. That's the catch to this whole scheme. Yes you do get all the free loot you want, but in the same breath you flag yourself at least as 'fishy' but realistically as a hacker. When push comes to shove you won't be able to explain your gear. If anyone does any research into you, they'll be able to deduce your dirty little secrets.

God-mode doesn't come without its consequences.

Open anguish raids.. Much like Naggy and Vox used to be done. You get 4 or 5 groups together and make some dead boss mobs. I don't think that would be unrealistic in any form... Just random on the loot. The drawback is there are many people that are simply ass-tards, that would not follow directions and cause a wipe... but that's beside the point.

Guild alliances as well (among small guilds) are another alternative that work nicely.

Personally, in the end, if someone wants to question my loot, my answer is simply "none of your business". They can believe what they want, petition all they want... I don't care. If a GM doesn't catch you in time to check the logs, it's not going to matter.

For all the money we pay sony to play the game, I plan to play the game how I please. Screw anyone that says otherwise. Just my opinion, others may feel differently.

In time to check the logs? What's the timeframe on the log checking ... I was under the impression they could search your logs backwards on the order of months. It'd be great if they didn't ... I would certainly breathe easier.

Just a heads up but ive been seeing GMs camping Anguish ZL. I know everyone knows that this is being watched but i think they serious. The Gm was camping it for over 4 hrs yesterday. 2 monk corpses were at ZL Im thinking banned cause i dont think peeps would be stupid enough to leave a "trail" and leave them at ZL

The whole point of this is because people are stupid (to reply to above), I have seen piles of little lizard corpses. I don't understand why, when you can /decay your corpse and make up your death exp in like 30 seconds.

I run around in town with a fake set of gear and go out to town with my real gear. On progression this is watched closely, it's not gm's that get you, it's jealous i'm an idiot players that bitch about what gear you have.

It's these guys that have an industrial farm system set up, with like 6-8 accounts and rape the high end zones for hours at a time that give us little guys a bad name.

Then I hear of a guy who wants to pvp with the ghostkill crap...thats cool when he gets his insta-ban but it gives the rest of us a bad name and pretty soon they will crack down and fix some of this stuff.

My dads rule; you can do anything you want, just don't get caught.

It makes me chuckle when I have 3 people from RedGuides call me on my cell phone and they go, "GM's are in WoS, don't zone out of Anguish..." I simply respond with, "Dude, I am out drinking."

KeithClancy said:
But it's true ... if you're in a random no-name guild ... you can make all sorts of excuses for your CoA gear, but nobody will believe you. That's the catch to this whole scheme. Yes you do get all the free loot you want, but in the same breath you flag yourself at least as 'fishy' but realistically as a hacker. When push comes to shove you won't be able to explain your gear. If anyone does any research into you, they'll be able to deduce your dirty little secrets.
plenty of people in no name guilds will have tacvi and anguish gear.

we gave a BBOB to someone's RL cousin when there was only one guild besides us in tacvi on the server. at the time, they were the maintank to a tower of solro raiding guild. I'm sure that raised some eyebrows - but why wonder at tacvi/coa gear now? I mean, ignoring everything that's been given away or sold, there's also ebayed accounts and exraiders or failed recruits form raiding guilds.

Well I logged on yesterday and saw 4 gms on. that’s the most ive seen on in a while. One (same one as before) was in WOS. One was in DS. One in BL and one in bazaar. The only one that threw me off was the one in bazaar. Maybe he had legitimate business in the bazaar. Maybe bazaar bots?

P.S. no the sky is not falling, Just tracking movement

Our of curiosity has ANYONE here been banned outside sonys normal business hours?

IE are us dodgy foreign lot probably a shitload safer, which is a theory I'm currently running with.

RaidNazi said:
Our of curiosity has ANYONE here been banned outside sonys normal business hours?

IE are us dodgy foreign lot probably a shitload safer, which is a theory I'm currently running with.
Might be on to something there mine happened around 8:30-9:30 CST so that would be near closing time for PST I believe.

RaidNazi said:

Uh Gm-Admins are 24/7 unless special holidays.

KeithClancy said:
In time to check the logs? What's the timeframe on the log checking ... I was under the impression they could search your logs backwards on the order of months. It'd be great if they didn't ... I would certainly breathe easier.

I've been told by a friend that was a guide that they basically have your entire history in the game on file, and can be looked up at will.

I strongly doubt they have your entire history, thats a tremendous amount of info for even one person. I know they can go back a couple months, but I've never heard of them going beyond that.

No.

Here's a quote from an e-mail sent to me.

You leveled so fast using exploits, the system only captured the last 5 levels your character obtained and those were done within one hour.

They don't have your entire history. They didn't even have logs of me killing a 2.0 epic mob, when I had pictures, witnesses, /played ss, ss's of the dead mob, ss's of some guy that ninja looted it, etc.

unknown405 said:
They don't have your entire history. They didn't even have logs of me killing a 2.0 epic mob, when I had pictures, witnesses, /played ss, ss's of the dead mob, ss's of some guy that ninja looted it, etc.

call them back, ask for someone thats not a moron, and not from india.

Sony does do tracks (at least raid level npc's) for more 6months(maybe longer)
eg. who damaged npc, who npc damage and the amount, who was on hatelist at least once.

And how do I know this? Graf told me in emails.
He listed npc's, date/time, who was in the zone. And details.
Eg. Char1 was damaging npc1 but npc could not hit you back.
Char2 was damaging npc2 but npc didn't have you on hatelist.

He sent emails like this to other people as well. This was way back end of 2004 and middle of 2005.

Why they don't check these logs and just ban us all. No idea, but he pulled it out.

I think they might have got a new log system that's fucked up. Because back then CS was somewhat helpful, now it's ALL bullshit. I don't want to give all the petitions i've made because it would make it easy for sony to know who I am.

I will tell you i've lost over 50 items on a toon and they had no 'records' of it ever being on my person. I also /petitioned to about 9 different admins, they all said the same thing. I tried calling them, they said if that's what the other admins say then that's what I need to know, because I told them my story.

PM me if you have something to reply because I don't want to change the topic from bans.

Fyi for the sleeper server. I've had both my account's suspended at seperate times. First time i got nailed red handed but lydrea, who i've been told has left the sleeper server for vanguard, for piggy zoning. That account was suspened for 10days and my shammy whent from 55 to 16 and this was before vel was released. Ouch... and yes all my alt's on the acoount where also jacked all gear was striped and pp gone. Caulk that up to /who all gm befor piggy zoning my bad.Second account was suspened for seeting up plugins after a patch and yes u geussed it sending it out on the say channel doh, do not do this either lol again my bad. Was only one guy in zone from the guild blue team and what an ass he was sent me tells for 4 days then was /ignored. However this might be of use i contacted soe the second i couldnt log in due to suspention and protested it. Told them i was merly sending a reply to some one asking what the plugin mq2 melee meant hehe and rambled at then for a bit. In the end they did suspend the account for 10 days but my then 63 warior was still 63 and none of my alts where touched not gera not flags removed. I find that a bit strange since ive done the sames thing's boxin on both accounts but maybe i just got a gm that didnt care or just lazy not sure.
To recap be careful piggy zoning do a who all gm is bad if u pop in a zone on top of then and are a monk lol second less u get cuaght red handed is worth a shot to protest seemed to work second time for me. GL all and cheat on :)
Oh pls dont flame the gramer and spelling on post. Just trying to let people know what has happened to me, and oh yeajh have had no problems since and use all of the non vip hacks same as before just am more careful.

Tantroth said:
I strongly doubt they have your entire history, thats a tremendous amount of info for even one person. I know they can go back a couple months, but I've never heard of them going beyond that.

oh they have it, its stored on dvds and such so there has to be a real good reson for them to go looking and they have to have the specific dates and time, because time wasted is money

Just had 3 accounts suspended .. pending investigation for banning ... sucks .. cause 2 of the 3 were doing nothing except sitting in coa instanced ... they were both already coa flagged with 2.0s .. the legit way .. hadnt gotten anything for them using the monk plugin .. but I have a bad feeling they will be banned as well .. 7 years down the drain .. got my fingers crossed .. but I used /piggy /zwarp on those toons so they will probably go down too crappy feeling ... gm popped in I was gking hanvar and said .. what exactly do you think you are doing? .. I said oh shit /power button LOL
all toons in the instance got a 364 day lockout for coa .. and the toons in the zone all deleveled to 1 and all gear / aa stripped

Dont know what is going to happen but think my eq days are done .. besides I got new baby otw in april .. and leave for afghanistan in may LOL guess its a blessing in disguise ...

If the other 2 toons were geared up the legit way ... why did you bother having them in the instance? That's just asking for trouble. If you were using them to heal/buff the monk then they were participating in the active hacking process indirectly.

Sorry to your loss though ... man that's gotta suck :(

I was considering doing a few more rounds of CoA with only the monk. I don't care about the toon or the toon's account, but I'd be doing it for other accounts I own ... I've been debating whether risking the accounts are worth it. They'd only enter the expedition very briefly to loot and scoot.

From a fellow brother in arms ... be safe in Afganistan bro and watch out for your little girl. The day I have my first child is the day I hang up EQ for good ... there's too many important things you'll miss out in life otherwise.

/salute

Just had 4 accounts suspended .. pending investigation for banning ...

Had used the monk plugin a few times earlier in the night then logged off about 4 hours later. Tried to log in the next day and was unable.

Just going to wait to see what happens since I was not caught red handed. Im not sure what action they will take, Im sure a roll back is headed my way.

Also just having the monk being the only one in the zone didn't save the other 3 accounts ..... if they go in and loot anything they get nailed as well. So beware of the "loot and scoot" idea.

EQ was starting to lose its luster after 8 years, but good news is I never hack with my main accout and I was fully aware what I was willing to lose.

Recent Bannings: Post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back