• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Recent Bannings: Post here. (1 Viewer)

As a note, and this will be posted in other locations for those of you who do not monitor this thread.

MQ2Ghost (in all forms, GhostKill, GhostCast)
MQ2AllZone
MQ2PiggyZone
MQ2AllWarp
MQ2RWarp

---

These will get you banned or have your character flagged to be monitored per the logs for a check within the next 48 hours of usage. I would stop using them now if I were you.

I was suspended for a total of two hours for ghosting in Anguish. I did major bitching to get the account back.

TurkReno said:
As a note, and this will be posted in other locations for those of you who do not monitor this thread.

MQ2Ghost (in all forms, GhostKill, GhostCast)
MQ2AllZone
MQ2PiggyZone
MQ2AllWarp
MQ2RWarp

---

These will get you banned or have your character flagged to be monitored per the logs for a check within the next 48 hours of usage. I would stop using them now if I were you.

I was suspended for a total of two hours for ghosting in Anguish. I did major bitching to get the account back.

TurkReno how do you KNOW that these things will get you banned? Is it that you happened to be using all these things and then got suspended? How do you know you didn't simply get reported by someone you had pissed off? You were suspended for ghosting and got the account back by bitching in 2 hours? I have never known SOE respond that quick, what sort of bitching? The whole post seems somewhat vague to me, to say the very least. You bitched and said, 'yeah I was ghosting, so what'?. You seem to like posting scare posts based on nothing.

BadPuss said:
TurkReno how do you KNOW that these things will get you banned? Is it that you happened to be using all these things and then got suspended? How do you know you didn't simply get reported by someone you had pissed off? You were suspended for ghosting and got the account back by bitching in 2 hours? I have never known SOE respond that quick, what sort of bitching? The whole post seems somewhat vague to me, to say the very least. You bitched and said, 'yeah I was ghosting, so what'?. You seem to like posting scare posts based on nothing.
Again, sources and methods are not your concern. I can be as vague as I'd like and I have that right. As I said back to you on my compile thread, go ahead and doubt me all you'd like, but the warning is there as it is also there for MQ2Mission. Consider them all broke right now.

Combine - I warped 3 times yesterday, logged out for 20 minutes for a reboot and grabbed a bite to eat, came back down and account was suspended. As suspension so far, probably a ban.

Subscription Name: EverQuest Subscription
Period: 1-month
Price: $14.99
Account Status: Suspended
Account Open: September 12, 2006

Will keep people updated on how things go. I am thinking it's going to be a warning. It was 3 warps, 10 day suspension with a flag to watch this account.

Last edited:
TurkReno how do you KNOW that these things will get you banned? Is it that you happened to be using all these things and then got suspended? How do you know you didn't simply get reported by someone you had pissed off? You were suspended for ghosting and got the account back by bitching in 2 hours? I have never known SOE respond that quick, what sort of bitching? The whole post seems somewhat vague to me, to say the very least. You bitched and said, 'yeah I was ghosting, so what'?. You seem to like posting scare posts based on nothing

Don't look a gifthorse in the mouth.

Turk is absolutely correct. Tread carefully and try to fly under the radar for a little while. Much like what was done on progression is now being done on all active servers to try and accomplish a sort of scare/cleansweep before the new expansion.

If you don't like the nuggets of wisdom passed down from the 'informed' simply ignore them.

Desflorane got banned!? Woot...his mac sucked...had mobs walking all over valor at low health with his name on assist. This is greatness...

Suspended on the Combine server, but expect it to go ban anytime.
Someone had to be watching very closely though.
Never used Ghetto run above speed /2.
Well we get what we pay for and over the 4 year life of this account I have enjoyed :eq1 , :mq2 , and you guys tremendously!!!

For now any one have any good suggestions for Elder Scrolls, Oblivion?

Sverf said:
Suspended on the Combine server, but expect it to go ban anytime.
Someone had to be watching very closely though.
Never used Ghetto run above speed /2.
Well we get what we pay for and over the 4 year life of this account I have enjoyed :eq1 , :mq2 , and you guys tremendously!!!

For now any one have any good suggestions for Elder Scrolls, Oblivion?

If you did any warping or zone/gating ... that's most likely what nailed you.

As for ghetto-run, I've ceased using it completely. On your screen it looks normal, just quicker, but to everyone else it's painfully obvious even at low speeds. It took me having a few toons up watching myself move from another player's perspective before i noticed it ... and yeah it sucks. Even at low speeds it looks perverse (extremely choppy). Ever since that day, I can spot a speed-hacker from a mile away, be it /speed 1, 2, or 10. It's actually a lot easier to spot than someone using the noaccel horseback crack because it sticks out all the time, not just when you start/stop.

Most non-hackers would just assume it's lag, but those who hack can spot it a mile away. Since we've already established a large chunk of petitions come from fellow MQ users ...

Well, Live and learn.
Appears Combine account is only a suspension.
I dont use /*warp* anything as I have known a few rl friends that lost their accounts in the past.
Im a craven lil Gnecro but atleast Im still alive............ I think :p

To update you like 3 weeks later, my account was not banned, and my character on Combine was not rolled back or stripped.

Update:

Just had my level 70 Druid with Anguish gear banned on Luclin. I have been clean from MQ2 for about a month now and out of no where I am banned. I can't come to mind when I try to figure out where I went wrong... No AFK macro's on him either... Very little warping and no runspeed.

We're talking maybe 1-2 a week. Sony isn't going to pick me off when I have been clean for a month. They're going to go for some asshole who uses it in front of people. Plus Sony said they "don't have a reason marked as to why they banned me, and they are sorry for the inconvenience"

Had account suspended for 10 days then released
No deleveling no penalty no email from SOE
Used Piggyzone, Rwarp, Runspeed on that one, so mainly Utilities for faster/safer travel

i must say i never used MQ2 for solo kills especially on un-solo-able mobs, big named or fabled
even i d like to get their drops GRRRRR
stop being greedy man...

all my kills are legit, solo or group
Maybe that s what saved my butt

Ryzon said:
I got my account banned for a naming violation. It said suspended for about a week then SOE sent me a nasty e-mail saying due to the offensive nature of what I named my character I was under review for being banned. A few days later my status changed from suspended to banned. It will say when you try to log in whether you are suspended or banned.

What kind of naming violation was it? Was it a blatent expletive?

4 accounts none have been banned I was running lsmm nonstop till the new expansion dropped and my own fhalls macros too.

Why does it seems there are no rules in regards to the banning. Seems some get a slap on the wrist and other get banned. Does it depend on who you deal with? Also what happens when you call SOE? Do they just say so sorry, go play WoW?? Was just wondering?

adol said:
Why does it seems there are no rules in regards to the banning. Seems some get a slap on the wrist and other get banned. Does it depend on who you deal with? Also what happens when you call SOE? Do they just say so sorry, go play WoW?? Was just wondering?

Depends on what kind of day the GM's are having.

suspended twice on progressive server. first time they wiped my characters except for a level 1 and the highest was only 20. second time they left all my characters there. highest was 16. both times they said I was warping/gating or something like that. I had been careful not to do much after first suspension but when I was hit with it again, I just waited for it to get lifted. It did and I have not really played there since. I just went back to my main servers. haven't had any issues there. this was also a short time after progressive servers came out and I haven't had any trouble since anywhere. not bad for being here in redguides a tad over a year I think lol. I do try and be careful.

Marburyisgod said:
Combine - I warped 3 times yesterday, logged out for 20 minutes for a reboot and grabbed a bite to eat, came back down and account was suspended. As suspension so far, probably a ban.

Subscription Name: EverQuest Subscription
Period: 1-month
Price: $14.99
Account Status: Suspended
Account Open: September 12, 2006

Will keep people updated on how things go. I am thinking it's going to be a warning. It was 3 warps, 10 day suspension with a flag to watch this account.

I was suspended twice here first time I contacted them before I read here dont do it, and characters were deleted. second time I left it alone and they just turned it back on and characters were there. I havent played much there since tho :)

After reading all these Bannings / suspensions i cant think of a reason im not banned, .. i ghost kill / warp / gate / succor / afk macro. Recently i checked my GM notify ini file to only find out that a GM had been following me around on the advtaskwarp2, not only that when i was ghostkilling raid mob001 instance for a bazu stone, a GM zoned in and watched me GK Shyra...And Porthio...there where only 6 of us in the zone, and shyra at about 5%

Edit: just thought id add that they tracked me for 45 lvls on a Account, watching me chain zone, Different GM's...No ban. Guess i caught GMs in a good mood A LOT lol.

I havent been banned yet either. Once I zoned back to DL after doing advtaskwarp mac and 2 guides where standing at marana. I almost shit my self.
They asked how the tasks were going, "ummm ok I guess just checking them out" hehe. I played cool and just chatted. They asked why I was not in a group and have I killed anything. They kinda grilled me but Did some light RP they gave me gnome sandwiches and ale and told be to behave. I thought for sure I was getting banned or suspended but never happened this was a few months ago. I dont think they knew but I was a guide once and would be running mq2 on 1 computer and being a guide on the other. LoL

The appearance of being tough on cheaters has absolutely nothing to do with their actual treatment of cheaters. PR is everything. They could give a shit if 100,000 people were using MQ, as long as the community considered EQ relatively hack free.

Sales are driven by PR, and PR suffers when rumors of cheating get out.

For a business, sales are everything. If sales are up and people who quit aren't complaining about cheaters when they quit, why would they care? It's all about the dolla.

Add 1 junk account to the ban stick. Doing DL tasks. Not a big deal cause i just got the account but thought id let everyone know. According to the logs the gm asked what i was doing and how i like the game. No answer, prolly a /zone, and ban.

P.S. there was other players within /say distance cause i got them on my logs too. THinking /petition but not sure

Quellious has me and 2 others banned, likely warping but i did try the new mq2thacks thing, unsure if the others did yet. Also only did about 8 warps 2 gates, 2 fades since TSS. Will post sony's email when they gimme one.

Zulan said:
After reading all these Bannings / suspensions i cant think of a reason im not banned, .. i ghost kill / warp / gate / succor / afk macro. Recently i checked my GM notify ini file to only find out that a GM had been following me around on the advtaskwarp2, not only that when i was ghostkilling raid mob001 instance for a bazu stone, a GM zoned in and watched me GK Shyra...And Porthio...there where only 6 of us in the zone, and shyra at about 5%

Edit: just thought id add that they tracked me for 45 lvls on a Account, watching me chain zone, Different GM's...No ban. Guess i caught GMs in a good mood A LOT lol.

Were is this ini file you looked at?? would be interesting to look at. I seem to run into more GM in the bazaar, then anyother place. thanks

Since the new Expansion GMnotify dll was messed up i think???....This was before TSS, the ini should be in your MQ folder...

I have not been banned but i just joined the mq2 community. Personally i think this post is great as i was looking for somthing just like it, or going to start one. I have used piggy a few times, but now I'm gonna /ban that from my list. Can live without it anyways. Also have bard macroed a few things and used the speed hack so i had one less song to sing. I think I will /ban the speed hack too. There are still many uses i plan using mq2 for, but i want to extreamly lessen my chances of being banned. How possible, if at all, is it for them to know that I have mq2 up and am using it for the map. Also what about auto loot n sell, forage, simple macs like that. I havn't seen anyting on here or heard anything, but i would like to ask for safety reasons. Also the docracks. How safe are they. I hope that this follows in your form Turk as I think this would be a great thing for us Noobs to be able to read in the first few hours of MQ2ing.

map and simple macros that press buttons for you are the safest hacks, now docracks are not as safe cause they mess with packets. I think they are safer than warp but thats not proven.

ocracks are not as safe cause they mess with packets

docrack has nothing to do with packets. :) It changes the conditions/distance of an asm jump to something you desire. This allows us to alter the behavior of parity/if equal/if not equal etc statements.

Cobalt said:
docrack has nothing to do with packets. :) It changes the conditions/distance of an asm jump to something you desire. This allows us to alter the behavior of parity/if equal/if not equal etc statements.

this tells me nothing as to if it is safe or detectable if i am not doing it in front of anyone as I am currently an mq2 moron... :)

solitarytaco said:
this tells me nothing as to if it is safe or detectable if i am not doing it in front of anyone as I am currently an mq2 moron... :)

Cracks have to be considered separately: some have very visible effects, some don't. If you have envirofall on and someone nearby sees you take no damge from a long hard drop,you're potentially very exposed. If you have noencumber turned on, it's kinda hard for anyone to know. Think about what each crack does, then decide for yourself.

Can these be detected by SOE? I'm not a hard-core programmer, but I suspect the answer is still "it depends". Say you have noencumber on and run around with 10 times your limit in weight (all that plat you got from macroing LOL). You should be able to move, but only at a crawl. Can EQ know that you are encumbered, compare your movement speed, and deduce you shouldn't be moving that fast? Prolly possible technically, but would they??

If you're not sure what particular cracks do, folks here can explain. You decide from there.

Some docracks, like see-invis, ultravision etc, I'd have thought very difficult to detect. Noaccel is very noticeable. Unlimited drunk maybe if people see you continously boozing.

Recent Bannings: Post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back