• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Ranger 2.0 and GM "helpfulness" (2 Viewers)

RedCents
353¢
So annoyed at DB GM's "helpfulness". I have run into issues before and only one GM so far has been helpful. All others are basically there to tell you: too bad so sad! and to file a bug report. This last one takes the cake though.

I ran into an issue with my Ranger 2.0 where I had to hand a journal to the officer in Nedaria. The officer just hands the journal back saying I cannot accept gifts. I Googled this and found out people having the same issue all the way back to 2005! So hoping GMs are aware of this long-standing issue stupid me opens a petition. Here is what I get in return:

Greetings,

I've reported this to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on that for you at this time, but please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq) as well as the patch notes (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/) for further information as it becomes available.

Additionally, the bug report section of the forums can be found here: http://www.everquest.com/bugs
I would suggest filing a report in that section as well to further elevate awareness, as other players that may be similarly impacted can chime in and up-vote the issue. Instructions can be found here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/

I do apologize that we don't have a CS-based solution for you. If a bug is detected, we hope to see it corrected at the development level as soon as humanly possible.

If you have any other in-game issues we can assist you with in the meantime, please feel free to submit another petition at your convenience.

How do I report a bug in EverQuest?

Regards,

GM XXXXXXXXXX
Daybreak Game Company, LLC

So basically file a bug report (which there are a couple of already) and wait until someone gets off their ass and fixes it. In the meantime, sit on your 2.0 and...oh well. I left EQ a few years back before of similar issues and now I am paying for 6 accounts every month, plus what I pay on currency and crap. When I have one thing I need their CS to do, I get nothing.

OK, rant off.

So annoyed at DB GM's "helpfulness". I have run into issues before and only one GM so far has been helpful. All others are basically there to tell you: too bad so sad! and to file a bug report. This last one takes the cake though.

I ran into an issue with my Ranger 2.0 where I had to hand a journal to the officer in Nedaria. The officer just hands the journal back saying I cannot accept gifts. I Googled this and found out people having the same issue all the way back to 2005! So hoping GMs are aware of this long-standing issue stupid me opens a petition. Here is what I get in return:

So basically file a bug report (which there are a couple of already) and wait until someone gets off their ass and fixes it. In the meantime, sit on your 2.0 and...oh well. I left EQ a few years back before of similar issues and now I am paying for 6 accounts every month, plus what I pay on currency and crap. When I have one thing I need their CS to do, I get nothing.

OK, rant off.
I know it's going to be an obvious thought or suggestion, so disregard if this is the case, but have you made a bug post on the forums; it may draw a bit more attention and/or staff eyes on the topic quicker/more effectively if it's public knowledge and in the public eye.

Just my two red:rcents.

[HINT: 🐻 You too can help prevent forum fires by also "red:rcenting" (click the :rc icon to the right ---->)

Last edited:
UPDATE: After posting on the forums and sending a response telling them that it was unreasonable to just tell me to f-off and wait and that they should grant me the flag, I get a response saying the flag has been granted. So there is hope...

The Bug forum protocol is to prioritize bugs by how many people "like" the thread. So if the bug effects a lot of people, like an entire class, share/socialize the link with the impacted groups on their discord/forums and places they frequent. You need to 'brigade' those folks over to click the like button, as most people only read the bug forum when they are troubleshooting.

It can also be a opportunity to be humbled, sometimes the bug is between the keyboard and the chair. Fellow users replying to bugs have shared solutions when DG support didn't know the answer.

Discussion - Ranger 2.0 and GM "helpfulness"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back