• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Range Atk issue. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
116¢
Directory says we're on a mission to see if their is a stupid question. Challenge Accepted.

I'm an amateur user of mq, only had the thing for a few months. Ran into an issue with my spell weaving. I use one key for my weaving but it pulls my range item from my range slot and puts it on my cursor or pulls it from the slot and puts it back. So for my rangers, rogues, and zerkers it pulls the range slot and in the case of my throwing items it restacks them

How do i change this.

In EQ i have spells gems 1-6 hotkey'd to my X key, as well as some other melee abilities. So when i hit X, it's casting spells and mashing other melee abilities but a side effect is it pulls my range or throwing items from the Range slot. Unsure what else i can give that would help.

In EQ, options, keys tab, Spell Gem 1-6 and hotbuttons 3-5 are tied to X, but nothing in those keys would cause them to pull the range item from it's slot. Friend said to open Macroquest.ini. In it i found

[Key Binds]
RANGED_Nrm=clear
RANGED_Alt=clear
MELEE_Nrm=Z
RANGE_Nrm=X

What do those mean?

I've had this problem for years. I brought it up in a bug report years ago and was told nothing can be done about it (that they know of). Even if i change the: RANGE_Nrm=X to a different button, it will revert back to X eventually. Same goes with taking it out. It's a huge pain in the arse.

Question - Range Atk issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back