• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Puller will not pull some mobs (1 Viewer)

freeferli

RedCents
831¢
I was trying to setup my group to pull the gorillas near the druid portal in the Buried Sea.
I am not sure what is wrong here.

For some reason they will not pull them. I have tried a few pullers, and got a fresh template and that did not work either.

I have attached a picture showing my startup log and one of several mobs that were in the radius.
Is there anything else that I can give to help debug.

[General]
KissAssistVer=11.002
Role=Pullertank
CampRadius=40
CampRadiusExceed=300
ReturnToCamp=1
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=1
RezAcceptOn=1|96
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
CastingInterruptOn=0
EQBCOn=1
IRCOn=0
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Warrior|73|FREE
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
ConditionsOn=0
XTSlot=1

[Pull]
PullWith=Bazu Bellow
PullMeleeStick=1
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=200
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=70
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=56|68
PullArcWidth=0MobBurriedSea.pngStartupBuriedSea.png

PullWidthArc=0 means directional pulling is off, so that is fine.

I find my war occasionally will not pull things, but usually it comes back to a setting which prevents the mob from being a valid pull.

What happens if you /echo ${Nav.PathExists[target]} or ${Nav.PathLength[target]} with the mob targeted?

Is there anything in your KissAssist_Info.ini ?

I have this happen sometimes as well, and occasionally it's due to my pull level range, which isn't the case here, but frankly I think it has everything to do with the KA mobradius search algorithm. I say this because restarting Kiss will also resolve these issues assuming that your settings are correct. If it's not due to level, I find that refreshing the array of searched mobs (especially when you have wanderers) will fix this problem. I believe the coordinate data for the mob being "within range" is not being refreshed as the mob wanders into your range, although I do not have any hard facts to back that up, it's merely anecdotal evidence I've observed and what fixes the issue for me.

Here is the buried sea section, I added them to MobsToPull to see if that would work, but it did not.

[The Buried Sea]
MezImmune=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. a green snake,a blue tiger,a wide eye ooze or NULL
MobsToPull=an afflicted gorilla, a frothing gorilla
MobsToIgnore=List up to 25 mobs. Use full names i.e. a green snake,a blue tiger,a wide eye ooze or NULL
MobsToBurn=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. Beget Cube,Helias,Raze or NULL
PullPath=Place holder for path file. Not yet impletmented.

[The Buried Sea said:
MezImmune=List up to 10 mobs. Use full names i.e. a green snake,a blue tiger,a wide eye ooze or NULL

Try removing the space between the comma and the second type of gorilla. I am not 100% certain that will work but if you look at all of the examples given in the other sections they do not include a space between entries. "MobsToPull=an afflicted gorilla,a frothing gorilla" instead of "MobsToPull=an afflicted gorilla, a frothing gorilla"

Does the puller work in other camps/zones?

You can get a little more info by turning Debug messages on in KA. Once it's running type "/debug on" and you'll see more code info on what KA is trying to do or maybe where it's stuck.

What if you manually pull one mob? Sometimes KA can get stuck not seeing nearby mobs and if you pull one manually, that can fix it.

Other than that I'd try switching to a bigger radius/zrad and defaults for other stuff,. I don't see anything wrong with your current pull ini section, but ust in case this finds the issue.:
INI:
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=1
MaxRadius=700
MaxZRange=350
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullLevel=0|0
PullArcWidth=0

@eqtrader74 I feel like there are 2 issues here.

Sometimes my puller will ignore some mobs in the camp radius, when I restart KA he seems to pick those up. But he does pull others.
I have not figured out why that happens. It is also annoying because sometimes he travels through those mobs and picks up more than I can handle.

I thought the second issue was related, but I am not sure now. The second issue is in the Buried Sea (The Gorillas on the lower right hand island are all that I am low enough to try). My puller does not pull any of the gorillas or snakes in that area (near the druid portal) for some reason.

When I get back home I will try it with "/debug on", "/echo ${Nav.PathExists[target]}", "/echo ${Nav.PathLength[target]}"

Thanks for your help.

I have no idea if this does anything, but I always update the ini fully for new zones:

INI:
[The Buried Sea]
MezImmune=NULL
MobsToIgnore=NULL
MobsToBurn=NULL
PullPath=NULL

In the mesh generator, I think you can pick two points and test the path.

In game you can do "/nav ui" and then select "show mesh." This will draw in the available mesh tiles around you. Sometimes you can see that your camp has a lot of missing mesh tiles, so it won't be a good pulling spot. You can wander around with the mesh visible and pick a spot with more tiles connected or check the mesh area around the mobs you're trying to pull.

Question - Puller will not pull some mobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back