• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Procedure entry point plugin error dialog? (1 Viewer)

Giggles

RedCents
836¢
Im getting this message when i load in a profile to login my toons on some of them i get this message and have to close it to get toon to log in. it says
The procedure entry point ?GetSpellStackingGroupD@clientSpellManager@eqlib@@QEAAHH@Z could not be located in the ling library. Any fix to this?

Solution
That happens when you are trying to load an out of date, or mismatched plugin.

Make sure you run the Launcher, make sure to check your plugin tab - the launcher doesn't have a method for removing out of date plugins - so if you *had* access to a previous plugin and no longer do (like a "premium" plugin), you would need to delete the file, change your MacroQuest entry for pluginname=1 to pluginname=0, or renew your license.

- The RG Launcher is unable to *delete* old files.
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:
--- a: purchase a license
--- b: delete the old .dll in your plugin folder, and/or
--- c: change your macroquest.ini to...
That happens when you are trying to load an out of date, or mismatched plugin.

Make sure you run the Launcher, make sure to check your plugin tab - the launcher doesn't have a method for removing out of date plugins - so if you *had* access to a previous plugin and no longer do (like a "premium" plugin), you would need to delete the file, change your MacroQuest entry for pluginname=1 to pluginname=0, or renew your license.

-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:
--- c: change your macroquest.ini to MQ2PluginName=0 under [Plugins]

Solution
dont have any plugins other than what comes already in the setup. been away a few days will check tomorrow see if its still doing it
Ok, so likely you either a: have out of date stuff in your install, or b: have stuff from another version like test and live etc

I am getting this message I think. It says "The procedure entry point ?IsNoDispell@EQ_Spell@eqlib@@QEBA_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\Desktop\MQ2Next\Plugins\mq2berzerker.DLL.

I get this message for every character regardless of class or plugin used. I use the Redguides Launcher to update and it says I have the latest version. What do I need to do to fix it? The Redguides Launcher says my mq2berzerker is up to date too.
Thanks!

You should ensure that your Macroquest and plugins are both updated at the same time. If you update one without updating the other it could cause a mismatch.

You should ensure you don't have a duplicate Macroquest on your computer and are launching the incorrect one (IE: Use the launcher to launch Macroquest).

Make sure Everquest is not running with macroquest loaded when you are trying to do your update. You cannot update files that are currently in use.

You should ensure you are not using some sort of Syncing software, like dropbox/OneDrive/etc as those have a tendency to lock files when syncing, preventing you from updating correctly.

If you have both Live and Test versions of Macroquest installed on your computer, make sure their install directories are not the same. As it could cause the same error.

I am getting this message I think. It says "The procedure entry point ?IsNoDispell@EQ_Spell@eqlib@@QEBA_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\Desktop\MQ2Next\Plugins\mq2berzerker.DLL.

I get this message for every character regardless of class or plugin used. I use the Redguides Launcher to update and it says I have the latest version. What do I need to do to fix it? The Redguides Launcher says my mq2berzerker is up to date too.
Thanks!
Here are your recent downloads.

you can see your last mq2berzerker download was the feb 21 version.

1650019142961.png

make sure your license didn't expire, and then click your plugin tab of the launcher to ensure you downloaded it.

Plugins are loaded on all classes, though if they aren't the right class they don't do anything. They just return out of the main loop because they're not the right class for the plugin in question.

It turns out that my mq2berzerker license had expired. My question then becomes: Why were my mq2War, Cle, Enc, Bst, Mnk and Rog windows all giving me an error message too when mq2berzerker is not required for them? I was not even trying to load a berserker...
because that instance of your mq was trying to load the mq2berzerker.dll as referenced where i mentioned about the pluginname=1 --- all plugins load - they just dont do anything if they don't match the class they are for.

-- your options are:

hi all got this error

plugins MQ2eskay could not be loaded : loadlibrary failed with error 0x00007f ....

someone have an idea/solution?

ty
yes, i already answered you

-- your options are:

@licena please read the response before reposting

-- your options are:

Problem - Procedure entry point plugin error dialog?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back