• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Procedure entry point could not be found mq2main / mq2plugin.dll etc (2 Viewers)

RedCents
50¢
Hey all,

I returned from about a year break from the game. When I reloaded the launcher, I updated everything, and when I tried to launch the game through MQ2 I get this error. "The procedure entry point pTradeSkillDeptWnd could not be located in the dynamic link library". I have looked at previous threads with similar issues and tried the suggestions to fix the issue (redownloading MQ2, checking the ini file for plugins, and I verified my licenses are still valid for about another month). I am not sure where I should take my troubleshooting from here. I will attach a screenshot of the error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
image_2023-02-15_211456238.png

Solution
Welcome back!

did you install mq over your old mq2 install?

I would suggest having the launcher point to a fresh location and then re-install - you can migrate settings if you do that --- or just wipe out that entire install directory and then reinstall. you don't want any old lingering and potentially conflicting files

The options to fix this are as follows:

- The RG Launcher is unable to *delete* old files.
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:
--- a: purchase a license
--- b: delete the old .dll in your plugin folder, and/or
--- c: change your macroquest.ini to MQ2PluginName=0 under [Plugins]

if your error has to do with mq2main.dll:

the other big...
sounds like that plugin is not updated for some reason.
Or you copy/pasted something over from another build making it incompatible with the current MQ2Main.
It could have been in use at the time you updated. If you update MQ you should shut down everquest and then unload macroquest by right click and close in the tray.

Thank you all for the quick response. I first tried to reinstall the launcher, plug ins I have which is just class plug ins. I reinstalled all macros. I launched the MQ and logged in same message. I went into the folder deleted the collectable.dll and everything works fine. Maybe I had some collectable I do not have any more. I am at work on my laptop so maybe something has changed from my primary PC at home I play on to my laptop? For now no message is pop up and everything is working great.

Again thanks for the quick response as aways.

I am having this message pop up after I launch MQ and start everquest just before the server select screen. It does not prevent me from going to my server, selecting a character and logging in. After in the game I am not receiving any error's and can play just fine. I just wanted to report the message I am getting. Any idea what it means?

The procedure entry point AddMQ2Data could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\blank\AppData\local\VeryVanilla\MacroQuest\Release\Plugin s\MQ2Collectible.DLL.
If you have already checked the RG Launcher Plugin Tab then read the following:
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:

In this case there appears to be an error with the file being built - but that is how to work around it until VV is rebuilt

Thank you kindly for quick response. The issue was on my laptop. After deleting the collectible.dll it went away. Also I came home and checked my desktop and no issues. Maybe was just a fluke on my laptop.

Thank you everyone

Not sure where to go with this, any suggestions appreciated! Happens on all accounts and started after a reboot and updates on RG launcher. If i click ok toons will load and then random crashes start.
!Screenshot 2023-11-08 102529.png

Not sure where to go with this, any suggestions appreciated! Happens on all accounts and started after a reboot and updates on RG launcher. If i click ok toons will load and then random crashes start.
!View attachment 52739
-- your options are:

I am also getting the same message.
-- your options are:

-- your options are:
I deleted the MQ2DRUID.dll file that i assume was generated from installing the free test version you released? Then logged 6 toons in with no error, but immediately 3 toons crashed. Loaded those 3 back in and testing now. Sofar it seems stable. Thanks!

I deleted the MQ2DRUID.dll file that i assume was generated from installing the free test version you released? Then logged 6 toons in with no error, but immediately 3 toons crashed. Loaded those 3 back in and testing now. Sofar it seems stable. Thanks!
crashes are unrelated to the out of date .dll file

Ok I am having an issue with all 6 of my chars. When I log them on I get this: 1699599433848.png Then I have to click ok for all my group to log in. This just started within the past couple of days and if some one could tell me what the problem might be. They will log og on but I have to click OK on all 6 accounts. I hope I posted this in the right spot. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Ok I am having an issue with all 6 of my chars. When I log them on I get this: View attachment 52874 Then I have to click ok for all my group to log in. This just started within the past couple of days and if some one could tell me what the problem might be. They will log og on but I have to click OK on all 6 accounts. I hope I posted this in the right spot. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance
Red accidentallly removed MQ2Collectible from the build. It was unintentional.
Looks like you're on build 1865, and the current live build is 1873. Please update MQ2 to get the latest build.

Also, it's worth mentioning that this has nothing to do with MQ2Rogue. Please make sure you post in the correct location.

Red accidentallly removed MQ2Collectible from the build. It was unintentional.
Looks like you're on build 1865, and the current live build is 1873. Please update MQ2 to get the latest build.

Also, it's worth mentioning that this has nothing to do with MQ2Rogue. Please make sure you post in the correct location.
Well actually it does have to do with MQ2Rogue, because it does it on all my MQ2programs. I just couldnt figure out which one to use as I use 6 plus programs

Well actually it does have to do with MQ2Rogue, because it does it on all my MQ2programs. I just couldnt figure out which one to use as I use 6 plus programs

You just have one program: MacroQuest. MQ2Rogue and MQ2Collectible are separate plugins to that one program.

Thus, no, nothing to do with MQ2Rogue.

I am the same/similiar pop-up as SGT-Trexter, except mine is for TEST, the message pops up after I launch MQ and start everquest just before the server select screen. It does not prevent me from going to my server, selecting a character and logging in. After in the game I am not receiving any error's and can play just fine. I just wanted to report the message I am getting. Any idea what it means?

Started after this most recent update.

The procedure entry point AddMQ2Data could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\blank\AppData\local\VeryVanilla\MacroQuestTest\Release\Plugin s\MQ2Collectible.DLL.

I am the same/similiar pop-up as SGT-Trexter, except mine is for TEST, the message pops up after I launch MQ and start everquest just before the server select screen. It does not prevent me from going to my server, selecting a character and logging in. After in the game I am not receiving any error's and can play just fine. I just wanted to report the message I am getting. Any idea what it means?

Started after this most recent update.

The procedure entry point AddMQ2Data could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\blank\AppData\local\VeryVanilla\MacroQuestTest\Release\Plugin s\MQ2Collectible.DLL.
still appears to be missing from the test server build - lemme hollar at @Redbot

I had the same problem with all my toons but it was for the mq2collectible. I read somewhere to delete the file and I did. I don't get that error no more.
yep.

until rebuilt you can do one of two things

-- your options are:
--- a: (doesn't apply)

When I try to load the plugin; I get the following error. Can someone send me on the right track?
The error is "Can the following procedure not find"
View attachment 52887

Thanks in advance
-- your options are:

So I tried adding a second character to my main pc, a monk, purchased the license and was getting this error but with mq2monk.dll. Frustrated I shut down and went to bed, logging in today I get this on my main now. I have 2 characters on another pc that have no issues running cwtn plugins.
1699711011601.png

You're using a different version of the plugins than your macroquest. Please shut down everquest, then run the launcher. You want to make sure you update macroquest and the plugins at the same time always.

If you buy a new copy of a plugin you patch macroquest and then go to the plugins tab and ensure you're using the latest copy of the plugin.

1699711709987.png
1699711725697.png

Just installed MQ2 a week or two ago and it's been going well. My particular use case has lead me to buy/license the MQ2Paladin plugin and I can't get it to work. I have deleted the .dll and reloaded it through the launcher. I do not have any .dll files in my EQ folder. All I'm getting now is

The procedure entry point ?BeginChild@lmGui@@YA_NPEDBAEBUImVec2@@HH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library

Then it lists the filepath to my plugin folder for MQ. And ideas?

I only see stuff like this happen when somebody accidentally installs MQ into their EQ folder.

Check your EQ folder for an imgui-64.dll, and when you find it, delete your EQ folder and reinstall.

Nope, not in my EQ folder. I had KA running and while it was working (generally), it wouldn't follow my mobstoignore list since I needed tank mode up (and tank mode attacks anything hostile in camp). I'm trying out this CWTN plugin and since it wouldn't work, i'm now here.

Nope, not in my EQ folder. I had KA running and while it was working (generally), it wouldn't follow my mobstoignore list since I needed tank mode up (and tank mode attacks anything hostile in camp). I'm trying out this CWTN plugin and since it wouldn't work, i'm now here.
this is the usual blurb i post

-- your options are:

that procedure point is *usually* caused by an out of date plugin - you said it specifically says mq2paladin, and not mq2main? so that means that the plugin doesn't match the rest of the build

Which you can see here, you're running the VV Live 2080 build, when you downloaded the 2149 MQ2Paladin.

you need to update Very Vanilla

1704982812892.png

Good afternoon!

Tried to log on the usual way through red guide launcher and I get this error. I updated EQ MQ2 and all my plugins. Not sure what’s up. Anyone can help?

Attachments

• IMG_7886.jpeg
    IMG_7886.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Problem - Procedure entry point could not be found mq2main / mq2plugin.dll etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back