• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Possible group change (1 Viewer)

RedCents
741¢
So my current group is, SK, SHM, CLR, BRD, BER, & BST (level 85/86 doing Seeds of Destruction)

I did plan on replacing the cleric with a rogue a bit later, however, I've been toying with swapping in a WIZ and MAG for the BER, and CLR

Does that sound like it would work ok? (SK, SHM, and BRD all have epic 2.0) I dont have rez stick yet.

No expert here but you are a true melee right now and using Wiz and Mag would split it and may affect your adps later on. Almost sounds like you should drop CLR, BRD, and BER for ENC,WIZ, and MAG for synergy, assuming your SHM can keep the SK up. I know they can post 100, but not sure about 85 to 100 tbh. If not, you could leave the CLR until the SHM hits 100 and then spin up 100 heroic for one of the other 3.

I run SK/SHM/WIZ/MAG/ENC/DRU and we do quite well on all the content I have done.

The reality is everything should work in current content.

I did have a SK/SK/CLR/SHM/ENC/MAG Group which was invincible for group content but slower than a straight DPS group.

SK, SHM, CLR, BRD, BER, & BST
You almost have a full Melee Group. At level 85 SHM is the odd toon out. Replace it with a ROG or 2nd BER and you will rock the Melee world.

Or take the plunge and fully transition to a caster group: and have SK/SHM/WIZ/MAG/ENC/DRU but SHM may struggle until higher levels although SHM and DRU combined should be ok with most content. (Especially if you get 2 Rez sticks for Battle Rez's)

Casters/Melee dont really work as well because you wont get the most out of the Synergy - but I am running a NOS Group that is less than ideal setup and they have never failed any missions - just take a bit longer.

Play what you enjoy. and dont let anyone tell you it wont work - because just about every combo will work.

So, I actually enjoy all the classes I've played / playing (never actually played a wiz mind) Most I will be doing is group content / older raids that can be done with a 12 with a friend, so I thought a MAG and WIZ would help me get around easier.

I think I will give it a try, and just put them on different account and swap them in to test and see how I get on :)

Thanks for the insights all.

So my current group is, SK, SHM, CLR, BRD, BER, & BST (level 85/86 doing Seeds of Destruction)

I did plan on replacing the cleric with a rogue a bit later, however, I've been toying with swapping in a WIZ and MAG for the BER, and CLR

Does that sound like it would work ok? (SK, SHM, and BRD all have epic 2.0) I dont have rez stick yet.
We all have opinions, and we all have advice. You already have an excellent group, and while the SHM might be lackluster atm (100 starts to really shine), getting the rez stick should be the priority over switching toons around based on your current setup.

IMHO - drop the CLR (keep it as a buff bot), and add another melee. ROG is a good choice. You have SK epic, you have SHM epic, you have BRD epic, and you have a BST (use as secondary heals)...you are on par with arguably the best melee-focused group in the game. Scratch that - you have arguably the BEST group overall in the game when you add in the ROG. The synergy is there, a small tweak, and have at it.

I really fail to understand all of the ways to travel in this game, people are really focused on having a WIZ/DRU for ports. I have yet to tell myself....man, I really wish I had a port to that one zone... Not once. My opinion, my experience, etc of course. I have never missed what I don't have I guess.

However - we pretty much always say - Play what you want, and what makes you happy. It is your experience, your enjoyment, and your time. Pretty much anything is viable.

We all have opinions, and we all have advice. You already have an excellent group, and while the SHM might be lackluster atm (100 starts to really shine), getting the rez stick should be the priority over switching toons around based on your current setup.

IMHO - drop the CLR (keep it as a buff bot), and add another melee. ROG is a good choice. You have SK epic, you have SHM epic, you have BRD epic, and you have a BST (use as secondary heals)...you are on par with arguably the best melee-focused group in the game. Scratch that - you have arguably the BEST group overall in the game when you add in the ROG. The synergy is there, a small tweak, and have at it.

I really fail to understand all of the ways to travel in this game, people are really focused on having a WIZ/DRU for ports. I have yet to tell myself....man, I really wish I had a port to that one zone... Not once. My opinion, my experience, etc of course. I have never missed what I don't have I guess.

However - we pretty much always say - Play what you want, and what makes you happy. It is your experience, your enjoyment, and your time. Pretty much anything is viable.
Two words: Teleport Bind

So, I actually enjoy all the classes I've played / playing (never actually played a wiz mind) Most I will be doing is group content / older raids that can be done with a 12 with a friend, so I thought a MAG and WIZ would help me get around easier.

I think I will give it a try, and just put them on different account and swap them in to test and see how I get on :)

Thanks for the insights all.
I hear you on wanting to get around easier and I made the mistake of thinking like this once. I lvl'd a wiz up to 113 (shelved the toon before making it to 120) to make my life easier with ports and whatnot, but found that with the group makeup I liked the wiz was constantly oom and was not really adding any dps for much of the fights due to my fast pull rate and him being oom so often. What I suggest to you is to lvl the wiz or druid and add them to your fellowship to help you get around faster. As everyone says play what makes you happy, but if you have never played a wiz then I am guessing that will not make you happy, but more frustrated.

I hear you on wanting to get around easier and I made the mistake of thinking like this once. I lvl'd a wiz up to 113 (shelved the toon before making it to 120) to make my life easier with ports and whatnot, but found that with the group makeup I liked the wiz was constantly oom and was not really adding any dps for much of the fights due to my fast pull rate and him being oom so often. What I suggest to you is to lvl the wiz or druid and add them to your fellowship to help you get around faster. As everyone says play what makes you happy, but if you have never played a wiz then I am guessing that will not make you happy, but more frustrated.
Oh my! What’s a fellowship and is there a guide for it?

Oh my! What’s a fellowship and is there a guide for it?

Very handy - you can have 12 players in it. You send 3 of them into the zone, they pop the campfire then the rest can port to it using an emblem thing. The campfire stays up either 3 or 6 hours, I forget.

You can also do fellowship exp sharing which is just weird and I never could understand it or get it to work right.

My advice, take it or leave it ) Assuming you are F2P, create new accounts for any alternate toons. This way you won't have any conflicts later. For instance, if you create an ENC on your BRD acct, you will never be able to try them in the same group.

Question - Possible group change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back