• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Possible Account Bannings PLEASE READ (1 Viewer)

think these banning threads need to die off now lol.

No one making you read/post on this thread...maybe you dont care about your acc..personally it hurted me bit for loosing my main acc,and this post should continue untill we have found what caused the mass bannings...Others will benefit for it if not anything else.

p.s 99% sure it comes from shared docrack,its like 20 people confirming this and you the first one to state that it doesnt have anything to do with bannings...maybe you did something else that got you banned.

He was simply pointing out that not everyone who got the red msg will get banned ... or at least has nto been banned yet. I personally used it and got the red message several times and no ban stick on me yet. If you read carefully there have been several posts so far from people banned who did not use the /shared docrack.

Lighten up.

Keith,

Actually...all the bannings have been due to /shared crack. SOE didn't just get those who used it after the DoDh expansion, they were tracking it for sometime. So when someone says, "I was just banned and didn't use /shared oh nos!!111".

Doesn't mean they never used it.

Just means they think only those who used it and got the message got banned, when that isn't really the truth.

I think anyone who transfered things to toons that were unable to equip them, I.e anguish gear to lvl 50 alts, etc. at any time was caught in the logs...and banned.

you the first one to state that it doesnt

Do a little more research..for example:
only think i use is RH.mac, warp, gate and i even have the gate neck item just the essenece cost alot but i do have them

and
bard got "suspended" just a second ago.. used a vxed macro and thats about it besides warping/zoning...

and
One of my accounts got banned today , and i had ony use /gate a couple of times

Actually...all the bannings have been due to /shared crack
= bullshit... you even said this just a few days ago:
So the common thing between all those banned is using /gate since yesterdays patch.

my banned toon NEVER used shared crack. he was my anguish flagged toon.. i did absolutely nothing on him outside of running MQ2 for the map and my one occurrence of piggyzone. Hence.. piggyzone is what got me banned.. nothing else.

for people to say its only shared bank doing the bannings is assinine. I will break this down into a very simple equation:

Banned Toon = never ran shared bank.. only ran piggyzone

Unbanned Toons = ran off of different emails and game cards.. have close to 50 or 60 instances of shared bank usage, before and after DOD.

What people are are missing...what I have been trying to get across..is that SHARED BANK IS NOT THE ONLY THING PEOPLE ARE BEING BANNED FOR. Christ.. lol

Is shared bank a contributing factor for the bannings.. absolutely
Is shared bank the only factor for the bannings.. not at all
Any instances of someone never using shared bank getting banned.. YES! lol

Last edited:
They also could have banned your main because of the IP from your accounts you DID use shared bank on.

And maybe your unbanned toons are still on the chopping block...and then again, maybe they wanted to hit you were it hurts.

All I know, on this forum and others, the only people who got banned were people tied to the /shared docrack some way or another, and doing something stupid with it.

Is piggyzone also a bannable offense? Sure, why not. I would think it's a pretty obvious thing in the logs. LOL

My point is, we know for a fact /shared gets you banned. Your an exception. I'd say 95% of the "I got banned" complaints openly admit to doing something foolish with /shared.

So sure, there is a 5% that could be anything.

Well.. the IP is plausible, BUT that would mean that you could never safely log your toon on to someone else's computer? I really dont think thats it. I cant see them banning accounts that use a certain IP.. they ban the IP itself from logging into the LS.

I am not saying shared isnt a culprit.. it is the largest culprit.. but people here are spending all their time focusing on shared and not the other offenses that have gotten people banned.

Agreed Ray.

I'm sticking only to Macros.

And a couple clientside docracks like seeinvis, nostun. Things that aren't visible serverside.

Pretty much the safest thing to do. There is no way I can play EQ without MQ.. just isnt happening lol.. but I will probably just be limiting myself to all of the passive stuff as well.

Ok..we know for what SEVERAL reasons people were getting banned lol.. my question is this:

Has anyone been banned since Friday? (14th)

I've not warped/gated since the patch, but I'll continue to use my basic docracks and map utility. I use the mq2moveutil as well hotkey'd in assist stuffs occasionally, but I keep every plugin other than docrack and map turned off 99% of the time just to be safe.

They are watching for things right now. Even without mass bannings in the last few days, I'm not quite ready to use macros etc again. Honestly I think you're playing with fire doing so at the present time. Fly low and under the radar. Let them think they've scared us and wait till the giant falls asleep again.

Please note:
5 users on my server whom I knew were busted on their bard alts yesterday afk kiting and immediately banned. They were not afk and responded to GM tells and even unloaded their macros and kited manually once a GM was seen visible in the zone before intial contact. Just a word of caution: turn off the bard bots for a few days/weeks. Play with fire at the point in time and expect to get burnt. They might miss you, but are the afk aa's really worth it right now? Fly under the radar for a while longer and maybe they'll leave us alone with our toys here in a short time.

Keith,

You buddies were macroing in open zones then. Cause a GM cannot zone into a instanced zone unless petitioned to enter.

I know a handful of bards alone on my server that never stopped AFK FH macroing. As long as your not warping, they have no just cause to even know you exist on the server.

I don't warp. I use advpath for everything. Works flawlessly.

There is no need to start mass hysteria here LOL. Stick with what MQ2 was designed for, and you'll be fine. Noone on the MQ2 forums have been banned yet. They are all pointing to threads on hacker/exploit forums like these and laughing.

So your safe with the just the macros.

You buddies were macroing in open zones then. Cause a GM cannot zone into a instanced zone unless petitioned to enter.

Where did this information come from? I am not saying it's wrong, but one would think that if they can enter with someone doing a petition, then they can enter at will.

Veg

Bannings are nothing new. Why do you people insist that it must be ONE thing that is causing people to be banned? We all know there are multiple ways to be caught. Listing the things that got you banned is helpful for the rest of us, but it's pointless to argue over what the bannings are based on, because there will always be more than one reason. Yes, it's shared. No, it's not absolute. Yes, there are other factors. No one here is wrong.

Agree,banning are not new...but the fact that that many people got banned in last week without getting caught by GM in game or without any notification makes me wonder if SoE scanned or just log parsed cases.

letmein said:
Keith,

Negative ... and I will kindly ask you to stop putting words in my mouth.

The GM not zoning into an instance is bullshit. I know it's bullshit because it's happened to both me and friends. It's a bullshit theory/law that has duped many into thinking they are safe. They can and will zone into an instance if they have cause to believe you're afk macroing ... no petition is needed ... check the other thread about camping zone lines.

letmein said:
There is no need to start mass hysteria here LOL.

Look I'm gonna be nice because Redguides has rules against people telling .... **individuals such as yourself** .... to quit saying ... **silly things** ... ... ...

I'm not trying to cause mass hysteria, I'm simply pointing out what happened to friends of mine to get a clear and LOUD warning out to you afk bards. Hold off on it for now. How many of you have stumbled across a bard bot? Knowing how it works it F'ing obvious the very second you see them in game or on your mq2 map immediately. constant speed perfect circles constant twist. All i know is my friends weren't afk ... they responded to the GMs and were still banned because the GMs have plenty of observation evidence. They are cracking down on it and watching zone lines to hot spots for afk bard xp. You're a fool if you think otherwise.

Take my advice or leave it as you see fit ... please do not come complaining here when they boot your arse permanently though.

I think it's time for everbody to find some new circle spots and keep it to themselves. Redguides.com is probably a "Favorites" item in the web browser of every GM. If I knew what I know, and I was a GM, I'd stand outside the FH rock too and just get my notepad out. I probably couldn't keep up with all the names. I also agree that GM's can do whatever they want. If I was a GM and got told I couldn't enter an instanced zone without a good reason like "you'll crash the zone or because the player will have problems because of the zone dynamics" then I'd be kinda pissed. One the one hand you're telling me to go enforce stuff and on the other you're telling me I can't zone into where all the rules are being broken. yea, they can do what they want.

letmein said:
Keith,

Not so, was in a DoDH yesterday and gm warped in (griffin mission) and said there was a bug with the merchant i needed to kill and he despawned her, and said i needed to zone out and reroll mission. all without me saying anything ( also i was boxing 2 charsacters aside from the char running the mission) anything to him or petitioning.

just going to put in my 2 cents and experiences as of late...

As of yesterday the 17th, i used shared once to xfer DoDH stuff from my main cleric to my alt cleric. i piggy zoned all of the game, warped on top of people in pvp.... etc... im pretty stupid probably, but i did call sony and inquire about some of my guildies being banned and the current state of my account and was told no flags or restrictions have been made against my accounts (5 atm, none banned or suspended)

take what ya want, just linking that NOT everyone will be banned for shared / piggy / warping.

sgresham said:
, but i did call sony and inquire about some of my guildies being banned and the current state of my account and was told no flags or restrictions have been made against my accounts (5 atm, none banned or suspended)

take what ya want, just linking that NOT everyone will be banned for shared / piggy / warping.

why would you call? they wont tell you anything about other pepoles acounts.All that would do is make them look at your acount.. asking if theres flags, restrictions.

yeah that is pretty retarded to bring attention to yourself when you can still log on rotf. /shoot self

Not really.

You guys obviously don't appreciate the fine art of social engineering. All you have to do, is pretend your a 30 something live alone, got no life geek, computer dork, that is calling asking why his fellow guildmates were banned. When they are going to be allowed to come back, and what they did to get banned. Then, ask if the guild as a whole was doing something they shouldn't have been doing. (guild raids etc) Play it off like your worried something may happen to you, and that you'd never do stuff like that cause you HATE cheaters.

Throw in a lisp for added flavor.

You know....I bet some of you would be pretty good at it. Prolly wouldn't have to do too much acting.

but i did call sony and inquire about some of my guildies being banned and the current state of my account and was told no flags or restrictions have been made against my accounts (5 atm, none banned or suspended)

Not true. I learned this morning that if you have used shared bank docrack, it is not a matter of some will be missed. Eventually they will get to you and ban you for it. If you've used it and got the red message, you are as good as banned.... You just don't know it yet.

Not true. I learned this morning that if you have used shared bank docrack, it is not a matter of some will be missed. Eventually they will get to you and ban you for it. If you've used it and got the red message, you are as good as banned.... You just don't know it yet.

Interesting... has anyone been banned since say.. monday october 19th?

WEEEEEE the more they ban the better chances well get our accounts back :) Im sure they dont want to put themselves out of a job.

FunWithUs said:

Weird for several reasons...

1.) Why/How would you know this?

2.) I know people who only got a suspension and were told by eqaccounts that they will get their account back after suspension.

My Mains account was banned today, haven't moved anything since the day the red messages started. kinda been waiting for it to happen. I moved something on my new bards account , deleted it right after and never shoulda done it =/

My friend got banned last night, while he was playing. I'm sure he'd used shared, and he's in a group of people that aren't always discreet, exactly, about their mq2 use; /zoning in particular. It totally sucks because he was the absolute best cleric on the server. If they were banning people that were affecting the gameplay of others I would understand. But I guess they've got enough "honest" players to keep up the income.

Does anyone know what is the phone # at sony to contact them about banned accounts?

I was under the impression you could never talk to a person about banned accounts only about CS stuff (password reset, billing etc..)

I figure you could call em. I got suspended today. Still no generic email back yet. Wonder how long it's for. Wish they'd say.

ChosenOne here you go!

Customer Service Phone Support
If searching the Knowledge Base does not provide adequate resolution, you can contact our customer service department by phone. Phone support is available Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 1:30PM and 3:30PM to 6:00PM (all times listed in PST/PDT, GMT-8), except holidays, at 1-(858)-537-0898. Star Wars Galaxies customers can reach phone support during similar hours at 1-(858)-790-STAR (7827).

I've yet to be banned, but I've never used the sharedbank, I believe the bannings as it seem from these posts has to do with that and/or PCs petitioning.

Yes shared pwns you in the face, and people reporting/peitioning = suspensions and bannings depending on the offense. So far from the info that I gathered people banned for shared bank are fucked they are permanent bans.

tehseans said:
I figure you could call em. I got suspended today. Still no generic email back yet. Wonder how long it's for. Wish they'd say.

Guess your lucky! LOL

Bans ceased last friday.

ChosenOne here you go!

Customer Service Phone Support
If searching the Knowledge Base does not provide adequate resolution, you can contact our customer service department by phone. Phone support is available Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 1:30PM and 3:30PM to 6:00PM (all times listed in PST/PDT, GMT-8), except holidays, at 1-(858)-537-0898. Star Wars Galaxies customers can reach phone support during similar hours at 1-(858)-790-STAR (7827).

I've yet to be banned, but I've never used the sharedbank, I believe the bannings as it seem from these posts has to do with that and/or PCs petitioning.

Thanks overlord, tho this number only leads you to CS person, they will tell you to email the [email protected].

I personally have never heard of anyone getting a hold of a person at sony on the phone to talk about the account bannings.

Thanks for the info tho.

letmein said:
Bans ceased last friday.
This is not true. As I posted on the other thread, my friend got banned last night, as he was playing. Bannings will not cease.

letmein said:
Guess your lucky! LOL

Bans ceased last friday.

That explains why I was playing last night and tried to log in this morning and got the "This account has been banned" message... hehe... They are still going through the process. Rest assured, if you used shared bank and are still playing, you are on borrowed time...

okay most of you people announcing your being banned arent giving enough information but let me enlighten some of you as to what i have found from some very long time of reading and researching all the banned topics and posts. it appears that almost everyone banned was banned after the patch that was around october 13th everyone here is gonna start saying debating this but look at it almost every person banned used shared after the 13th and i have also requested to know what this red message is that you guys are talking about i asked if it was the one stating that there was a no drop item in shared bank. but since people half way post because of all the fear and terror that the insane bans have caused, i also have found that some talking about the red message being a gm warning of some kind. i need confirmation of this. CONCLUSION people are being banned who used /shared after the 13th. yes i could be wrong but one guy on this very thread confirmed he used it the day the thread began and came back the next day and was banned. Now to address those who were banned and didnt use shared. those of you who didnt use shared i would assume that someone got mad and reported you all for /macroing or /zoning or /fading whatever it was the point is people will petition you and you can get banned. i just got a confirmation posts from this very board saying they are still investigating accounts which is a pretty scary thought. but for the time being everyone relax. and everyone for the sake of your account quit using /shared THEY WILL BE WATCHING YOU. i hope it all gets better i really do to anyone who got banned you have my reguards and i am very sorry for the bad news.

Banned....did use shared after patch on the 13th. they probably hit my account a few days ago for all i know (was afraid to log off) , finally crashed while zoning and logged back into the "your account has been banned" screen. :( 5 and a half years of playing down the tube. Knew it was comming but still had the little bit of hope that i would be over looked... to those of you still biting your nails in antisapation, if you still want to continue playing i suggest you toss all your plat and droppable crap onto a *clean* account just to be safe.

Macroquest...its been a helluva good run revitalizing my love for EQ. Even tho this is just another countless "look at me i was banned" posts just want to point out that i appreciate all the work you guys have been doing here at redguides had a real fun time learning how to compile and macro my way to leet exp and plat.

Goodluck to the rest of you ;)

Possible Account Bannings PLEASE READ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back