• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - poll on group make up (1 Viewer)

scarchoc

RedCents
90¢
ok atm i run 4 toons with 2 mercs enchanter as my main i drive him and wiz and mage, with a monk or bard. i am working a cleric and warrior to into the fold to replace the mercs. i created the monk for a puller cause sometime i just want a break from pulling with my chanter and thought the monk would be good since i already had CC with my chanter so far i love the monk but i notice alot of down time waiting for the monk END to regen unlike the bard seems always ready to pull versus the monk. Now i have never played a melee toon and was wondering does the warrior present the same END problem, and would a SK be a better fit, cause from what i hear a merc tank wont get it done as i progress to higher content. i also have BL to swap out with mage if i so desire, and been hearing alot about the zerker any thoughts on what my main grp should consist of War or SK tank and Bard or Monk puller

ok atm i run 4 toons with 2 mercs enchanter as my main i drive him and wiz and mage, with a monk or bard. i am working a cleric and warrior to into the fold to replace the mercs. i created the monk for a puller cause sometime i just want a break from pulling with my chanter and thought the monk would be good since i already had CC with my chanter so far i love the monk but i notice alot of down time waiting for the monk END to regen unlike the bard seems always ready to pull versus the monk. Now i have never played a melee toon and was wondering does the warrior present the same END problem, and would a SK be a better fit, cause from what i hear a merc tank wont get it done as i progress to higher content. i also have BL to swap out with mage if i so desire, and been hearing alot about the zerker any thoughts on what my main grp should consist of War or SK tank and Bard or Monk puller
So if I understand you right, you will have a Wiz, Enc, Mage and Cleric and you are looking at two more spots. For the fifth I would go bard for the utility--being able to move the group easily and quickly is hard to go without once you have one and they can bring a lot to the team. Regarding the tank option either a war or SK would work... I have used both for caster groups and I would say to pull/drive with whichever you choose. With a SK you can feign if needed too when pulling. My vote SK, CLR, BRD, MAG, WIZ, ENC if mainly group content... if you may box for raids swap SK with War (just personal preference). Good luck with whatever you choose!

With an SK using taps and bites you should have much less or no END problems. After the AAs for taps and END you should be able to pull without ever resting. They also have that spell which sends mana back to group.

Also if you are having issues with monk meddling check your med settings. Monks get breather. As long as you get out of combat for even a few secs should be able to go basically forever with most melee toons

3 mages, ench, cleric, druid :) Unless Warrior, Pal, and SK are super skilled and well geared, they are no match for a gang of pets which essentially are wearing raid gear. You can raid tank with pets too if you are smart about it, but raids are a cluster in general these days.

Question - poll on group make up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back