• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Pleione's Gem of Heliacal Rising (1 Viewer)

RedCents
510¢
I always wonder about going 100% balance on these.

Has anyone thoughts about going 100% on this Aug vers getting Hex on an Sk?

I guess this can also be asked about the other classes. Sham, Necr, Cleric, Bard, and Mage?

I can buy like 18 (each) of them now for all my toons, need your guy's thoughts, before I do something stupid, lol.

I always wonder about going 100% balance on these.

Has anyone thoughts about going 100% on this Aug vers getting Hex on an Sk?

I guess this can also be asked about the other classes. Sham, Necr, Cleric, Bard, and Mage?

I can buy like 18 (each) of them now for all my toons, need your guy's thoughts, before I do something stupid, lol.
so many hstats do just about *nothing*

I would stack your main stat to whatever you want, and then hSta

over 4k hStats are going to have insane DR, because they don't want stuff going that high - so you'd be looking at raising another as is.

but as an SK, I wouldn't want to lose hDex to get hCha

18 slots (what you mentioned) x 60 = 1080 hdex, hagi, hsta, etc
18 slots (what you mentioned) x 103/31(sta) = 1854 hdex, 558 hsta, so gaining 800ish hdex for 450ish hsta --- doesn't work for me

some folks raiding as balancing out / stacking hagi (because full stacking hagi still gets you like 2k hstats --- the math might make sense for *you* that 1080 hdex, hagi, and hsta > 1854 hdex

currently, I'm still stacking hdex

The unpleasant reality is that heroic stats on live are going to be a negligible increase in dps. I've parsed differences between 4k hdex (300/300 accuracy - full chase loot max evolves, and tribute + trophy) and 3k hdex, and the difference was MAYBE ~5-10k dps on a 3 hour parse. When you're doing over 2 million dps on burns you're not gonna notice that. However, the game is a game of inches so some people view that as an insane increase... personally, I think it's all placebo. If your augs are from the last ~3 expansions, you won't really notice a difference upgrading - at least i didn't.

The only real impact on your dps as a melee is good adps, and ensuring all group buffs are aligned and you're not hitting buttons for stuff that won't stack (wasting cds)

The unpleasant reality is that heroic stats on live are going to be a negligible increase in dps. I've parsed differences between 4k hdex (300/300 accuracy - full chase loot max evolves, and tribute + trophy) and 3k hdex, and the difference was MAYBE ~5-10k dps on a 3 hour parse. When you're doing over 2 million dps on burns you're not gonna notice that. However, the game is a game of inches so some people view that as an insane increase... personally, I think it's all placebo. If your augs are from the last ~3 expansions, you won't really notice a difference upgrading - at least i didn't.

The only real impact on your dps as a melee is good adps, and ensuring all group buffs are aligned and you're not hitting buttons for stuff that won't stack (wasting cds)
Because of where the DR is at, you get a lot of secondaries (post 2k) from stacking other stuff.

For melee, pegging out your accuracy/crit is important.

Anything beats empty slot

so many hstats do just about *nothing*

I would stack your main stat to whatever you want, and then hSta

over 4k hStats are going to have insane DR, because they don't want stuff going that high - so you'd be looking at raising another as is.

but as an SK, I wouldn't want to lose hDex to get hCha

18 slots (what you mentioned) x 60 = 1080 hdex, hagi, hsta, etc
18 slots (what you mentioned) x 103/31(sta) = 1854 hdex, 558 hsta, so gaining 800ish hdex for 450ish hsta --- doesn't work for me

some folks raiding as balancing out / stacking hagi (because full stacking hagi still gets you like 2k hstats --- the math might make sense for *you* that 1080 hdex, hagi, and hsta > 1854 hdex

currently, I'm still stacking hdex
I am considering to replace all my hAgi aug to hDex now....

Question - Pleione's Gem of Heliacal Rising

Users who are viewing this thread

Back