• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Please be advised warning on all servers today! (1 Viewer)

Razkle

Single-handedly keeping Daybreak in business
RedCents
2,993¢
System Message: Please be advised warning on all Kronos today...
krono.jpg

wonder what this is about?

actually, if you try to make multiple new accounts there's also added verification now. Not sure if its related.

was only 2,and they send a verification to that email now. Would not allow a second log in on the account until you verified it. already looking into alternate email providers that don't ask for hundred questions like numbers or secondary accounts.

Here is a thread from last year regarding purchases from Daybreak/SOE....If this relates only to new purchases from the company I surmise they are tightening up verification for fraudulent credit card use purposes.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/why-does-it-take-so-long-to-get-kronos-that-you-paid-for.223231/

I can also verify that they will ask for verification on SOME new accounts, I've had it happen to two of mine. I'd be interested to see if it happens to a solo email registry.

was only 2,and they send a verification to that email now. Would not allow a second log in on the account until you verified it. already looking into alternate email providers that don't ask for hundred questions like numbers or secondary accounts.

I had this recently as well. they forced me to confirm the email on an account before I was allowed to use it. First time I ever had it happen and was shocked. I think they're adding that for people who sell accounts, it'll change the whole "you are the original owner" scheme as the powerleveler will be forced to claim ownership of that account.

Bummer

10minutemail.com is good for when you need a disposable email address. It lasts ten minutes so you can respond to a verification but after ten minutes the email address is nuked off the interwebz

When I created my last team, after the first 2 accounts were made I have to verify the subsequent 4. Didnt matter to me much as I didnt intent them to be built to sell. Try a proxy after each one if this happens maybe? IP tracking would probably be the easiest to thing for them to implement and yet the easiest to circumvent. I doubt they are pulling NIC mac's

News - Please be advised warning on all servers today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back