• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Playerauctions.com Warning - Trojan Found! (1 Viewer)

hotdog

RedCents
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. There is a trojan embedded in the Playerauctions.com website called Anicmoo. Here is the Symantec write-up on it:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2005-033016-0910-99

I was checking some stuff out at work when I started getting warnings. We have a pretty good firewall here and it was constantly going off that the Anicmoo.trojan was trying to do its business on my computer. Even Google lists it as a site that may harm your computer.

Anyone looking to buy plat, PL services, etc. from there might do better to check out one of the other services websites until this gets remedied.

I wonder what's going on with the people at PA - I know IGE bought them out, but Dawn is still the main CSR and she's been the CSR for the past 3 years. It's like IGE bought them but left all the idiots in charge instead of implementing their own staff. Boards have been down for a year, you can't register new accounts without faxing them your CC information and drivers license (which in itself is asking to get screwed) their email system no longer works to email users, and now this.

Actually it is nothing new, trojans appear from time to time to infect PA. There were reports about it on PA at least a year and half ago (when their message boards were still working...).

There must be some vulnerability in PA code to allow this which PA being understuffed (to say the least) ignores.

That said, my virus checker is not picking up anything currently off PA, what pages are you noticing this?

Every single page I looked at starting at the main page.

These trojans may come and go, but as of today I still got the warning of Anicmoo trying to get into my system from that website. I just want people to be aware in the event they don't have an anti-virus or their anti-virus simply does pick it up.

I noticed a Virus on the site as well. That site does pretty shady business. You will also find there is proof out there of Playerauctions selling customer information/emails to other companys such as gamepal and other currency sites. They sell all of their client list emails for $5000 a pop, so much for privacy.

I recently started using VG Auction. Its rather new, but atleast all the options work and it has potential and best of all its free.

Last edited by a moderator:
This explain alot, I was trying to sell my Monk and Shaman, both have top 10 on eqplayers in every category on the Combine (bunch of gimps) server. It took me ages to get my monk listed and when it finally went up, it was listed like five times. I thought something was buggy so I didn't list my shaman and will just see what happens with the monk.

this still a problem at PA? I was about to go there and I saw this thread? gamepal doesn't have much on my server of choice...

i didn't see this thread until yesterday and have been constantly using playerauctions for months now, to buy and sell, and i have never had a trojan warning nor have i had any problems with anything getting on my system.

Playerauctions.com Warning - Trojan Found!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back