• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Perks are ready! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,708¢
EverQuest Perks are now live! https://www.everquest.com/membership

Enhancing your escapades just got taken to a whole other level, and if you have any questions or concerns, check out our FAQ page for more details: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408498927379

Honestly, if they can change the slot number there's no reason it shouldn't be updated universally. In fact, they'd make more $$ just selling 32+ slots on the market. I'd drop coin today to load up on them.

One-time expenditure on your part (even if it's pricey). They are looking for reoccurring charges.

One-time expenditure on your part (even if it's pricey). They are looking for reoccurring charges.
Yeah, but to what end? I'm keeping in mind this isn't a video game production company. This isn't a group looking to reinvent EQ and return it to its shining glory - they're a holding company looking to draw as much ROI as possible and milk the tits off it. But if that's the case, a one time cash injection in Q4 would also be a hit for them.

They couldn't offer me 100 slot bags that I would pay cash for. I've been playing for over 20 years and doing just fine without the temptation of spending cash on virtual goods. I can farm and sell enough in game items to cover more than enough for a krono trade once a month, that is good enough for me.

Thanks to Jande for pointing this out - if you use a browser like Opera (like me), try switching to Edge if you can't add the perks to your existing account (meaning the screen doesn't display the three perk options and you can't continue). Might also be because of my adblock software on Opera but in any case that did the trick for me.

So, perks end when your all access (via krono) ends. What happens if you purchase a perk one day and then the next day your krono expires and your FTP? It cancels the perk, but how much did you actually spend? $2.99/30 for one day? Not having the time remaining on your krono easily accessible is going to be a huge fucking pain in the ass with this.

Someone mentioned that he was on a yearly plan that comes up in Feb. He bought a perk and it charged him the perk amount for the time from now till Feb.

So I guess if you pre pay every 3 month, 6 month or yearly then you would get charged right off the bat for the time left in your prepaid. (hope this doesn't apply to lifetime and how much would it be)

I can see Krono or even CC folks who pay month to month having a problem trying to sync the bill date with the perk date.

There is some small print
If your first purchase of the EQ Perk(s) is not on the start date of your billing cycle, you will be charged a prorated amount for the remaining portion of your current billing cycle. Subsequent charges will occur on your original billing cycle date.

So I would assume if you consume a Krono on say the 30th and today is the 20th then you would only be charged for 10 days of perks. But its up to the players to get those Krono consumed before the next bill date or have to go thru it all again.

I think recurring monthly thru credit card would allow the perks to recur also

So I guess if you pre pay every 3 month, 6 month or yearly then you would get charged right off the bat for the time left in your prepaid. (hope this doesn't apply to lifetime and how much would it be)

That will be one infinity dollars please!

And thus, Darkpaw really did have the last laugh on those lifetime accounts.

The End.

That’s all in the FAQ, lifetime accounts pay monthly. Your payment for the month you are in is prorated, which is actually nice if you only want it for like a week.

News - Perks are ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back