• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

People who blatantly "advertise" as MQ user (1 Viewer)

aamlord

RedCents
10¢
I know of 4 people in bazaar who is using MQ to run bazaar trader. (no I won't mention the name, they'd just change it quickly if they have access to this forum) The reason I figured they are MQ users are because the players moves rather stiffly like they are on rail road when moving from one to another area, and never responded to tells. The movement is often fixed and very hard for a live person to mimic the exact path more than once. I don't know if this could be fixed in MQ to have a more natural looking movement in bazaar.

Also they usually adjust to undercut prices no matter the time of the day. Easy suggestion: change price less frequently such as maybe once every hour or longer. Changing every 10 min 24/7 is asking to be checked by a GM.

Some more MQ boo-boo that might have earned the player 1 week vacation if they are lucky:

Once someone bought a oh-so-common but lotta-work-to-make stuff from me in bazaar and returned in trader mode to sell at a laughable price. I cleaned out the bank of the extra widgets and put it back up in trader. The same toon came and got it all from me. I logged my main and did some farming to make more and put them on my trader. Filled my trader with a total of 80 identical widget, the max a trader could hold.

This time the toon seemed to get "stuck" on my trader after buying only about 1/3 of my inventory, I guess the inventory got too full or ran out of money and couldn't buy any more and the player didn't code the macro for "full" inventory or "empty" pocket situation. I did receive a nasty tell from the player about 6 hours later. I don't think he ever made any profit from these stuff at all. Still easy money for about 4 hours of work.

I also had the fun of taking advantage of one sloppy MQ user who had the buy at price set much higher than sell at price and I ended up buying his cheap stuff, then he'd buy it back from me at a mark up, repeat the loop, instant 200k profit total after 10 or 12 trips. The toon vanished a few hours later so I guess either the player realized he's been had and deleted the old one to hide the ruined reputation or got caught by GM and was booted.

And my favorite: a mistell that tells the whole channel someone's up to no good: Soandso General:1 '1/macro yast' (yast is Yet Another Spell Trainer) I didn't bother to do anything as there were like 200 players who could have seen the same chat and quite likely reported that player into suspension.

The point, if you're going to run MQ make sure the code won't break you or advertise you to the whole world. Also running AFK macro is best done where you'd be less likely to be seen. When in doubt, run them in Forgotten Halls as it's single person instance hall with no chance of being caught by a traveling player. Also watch your typing if you talk a lot to make sure you don't mix up MQ command into chats.

Feel free to post your experience of catching someone who looks like obvious MQ users. Well, beside the warping and GKing, those couldn't be more obvious and usually results in a ban when SOE looks at the log.

Last edited:
1. In general chat quote "warp loc (numbervalue) (numbervalue) (numbervalue). With a whole bunch of lols from observers. Very nice and discreet.

2. The lovely orchestra of bards who used to sit outside FH in a row just twisting songs for hours. That was fun to watch - few of em you never see again...I wonder why.

3. Some raid from way back - lot of clearing to begin and the MT was at the main boss with no support (since the rest of the raid was at entrance) - and he was dead real quick. Big discussion followed.

Probably some others - good times.

And way to take advantage of the macro bazaar traders lol - pretty tight work. Way to fleece the fleecers.

My favorite was a guy warping to locs in the pok over and over. I was lmfao. or that so obvious guy that has a healer in raid and it doesnt have a distance check. It will /say over and over Inc CH to <<<soandso>> until someone tells em to stop spaming.

I remember a Halloween event, maybe the last one, where everyone was in Tox forest after spawning mushrooms. I watched this guy warp all over the zone, right on top of the mushrooms and then warp to the next spawn. He grabbed the spawnpoint I was sitting on twice, and it pissed me off enough that I called out in ooc about how he was warping. He replied back with a "Oh you're just lagging out." How many times has that weak excuse been tried I wonder, lol. There were over 50 people in the zone and yet he was Capt Kirk riding Scotty for more power. He logged immediately when a bunch of others called out that he'd done the same to them.

Considering this is a VIP macro on MQ site called tributesearch. Damn those people who blatantly blame rg............

LOL

I was running my Shadowknight out to buried sea and some handy little fellow shrouded as a rogue was spamming Fendle with task accepts warping to completion then getting a new task. While I'm sure the 3seconds to reward was nice it was so fast everyone around the dock waiting on the boat was spammed nonstop. There were other macro's running in the area I saw them but they were running low profile while this sharp shooter had people talking in PoK about him. Maybe cute at 3am on a tuesday but 2pm on a sunday afternoon is just retarded.

Rustycat said:
I was running my Shadowknight out to buried sea and some handy little fellow shrouded as a rogue was spamming Fendle with task accepts warping to completion then getting a new task. While I'm sure the 3seconds to reward was nice it was so fast everyone around the dock waiting on the boat was spammed nonstop. There were other macro's running in the area I saw them but they were running low profile while this sharp shooter had people talking in PoK about him. Maybe cute at 3am on a tuesday but 2pm on a sunday afternoon is just retarded.
... this guys name was *edited* wasnt it? was doing same thing on my server.

what server was this? PM me it =)

Last edited:
Silv is that your toon's name? I would suggest removing it unless you dont care if someone petitions you and your name posted on a public hacking forum.

I love the people who blatantly "advertise", have to keep the GMs busy or they might start looking at those of us who dont. The only time that becomes a problem is when they piss off so many people sony nerfs MQ2 or makes it a pain to fix again. But I don't think moveutils will cause such a nerf.

well....what can they do to nerf move utils, you can force keyboard commands

unless they start requiring us to play using biometric scanning keyboards that have a scanner on every key.. and can scan in like a milisecond and process the fingerprint on the soe server.

even then, there is a way around that too haha.

:drink

Silvern said:
Half the fun of my hacking is being blatant about it.
(Silvern) tells general:1, 'i hack'
(Silvern) tells general:1, 'wtb monk hax pst'
you should /join zek.general sometime and see my antics.

You really do not deserve to be using Macroquest.

Silvern said:
Jigs21, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting my game name. But really I have always been a 100% honest person, and am not ashamed by my use of hacks in the game.

There's a punchline somewhere. . .at least I hope there is. . .

wow and they say a fool and his money are soon parted. wonder what they would say about this........ honestly wtf dude.

Silvern said:
Jigs21, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting my game name. But really I have always been a 100% honest person, and am not ashamed by my use of hacks in the game.

I hope you don't mind the temporary ban I am placing on your Redguides account now, I think you would have gotten the picture by now, after deleting 3 of your posts that we do not allow that here.

Jigs21 is already becoming a PRO at that new Legends of Norath card game.

m0060.jpg

Nice job on cleaning up the trash.

Never used any of the active hacks and still got my brand new account banned for running MQ... JUST running it, never did anything with it at all other than turning it on before starting eq. Haven't loaded it since they popped me. Sweating loosing my two main accounts. Would totally suck to have to start totally from scratch again.

Obvious MQ users should be shot. not banned. Line em up on a wall, and shoot them. they fuck it up for everyone else.

~Dragon

thats weird. they have to be after those who have raised atleast a flag. im probably on that list with all the old world raid mobs dieing i na matter of 30 min from the piggyzone and warp. i think i got off lucky for now and am staying away from warping all together. as for the zek guy. wow *pidgeon clap* some dumb ol balls hanging on that guy.

lmao and kudos to jigs for th mallrat qoute !!!

Probably something else. I've been running MQ for months now on mmy main. Always used them for maps (ie /mapshow some_rare_named_01) or for tradeskill macros. Never used them afk. No warping, zone, etc just map and tradeskill macros.

I figured out it was a guild member I had been talking too about being able to knock the login server off the web. The accounts actually in my friends name, so he's gonna do all the bitchin about it (if he gets around to it). Our guild is shy one bitchy bstlrd now.. funny how not letting people know which alts you have in the guild can be a blessing in disguise, especially when their well placed and have the ear of the Guild Leader (roflmao).

Dragon

There were a bunch of accounts that got banned for being "compromised" being logged in by lots of difft people

the orig owners tended to have got them back, just had to call and reclaim, provide info etc.

People who blatantly "advertise" as MQ user

Users who are viewing this thread

Back