• You've discovered RedGuides, an EverQuest multi-boxing and scripting community 🧙‍♀️⚙️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋

Question - PBAE Focus Gear

allandallis235

Well-known member
Howdy,

I was asked a question by a guildy about PBAE focus gear. I'm not aware of any gear that provides +dmg to PBAE spells, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone knows of such? I've only seen AA's or +spell damage on gear that would increase PBAE damage. If it matters, this is on a server at Omens (emu).

Cheers
 
Howdy,

I was asked a question by a guildy about PBAE focus gear. I'm not aware of any gear that provides +dmg to PBAE spells, but thought I'd check here to see if anyone knows of such? I've only seen AA's or +spell damage on gear that would increase PBAE damage. If it matters, this is on a server at Omens (emu).

Cheers
There isnt direct increase to PBAE, cept for type 3's. Since your on a EMU, I dont know if the cap/crit/dmg bonus nerf has been kept there, but AE's on live innately have nerfs (limited targets, limited focus, limited crit, limit mana pres).
 
10-4, I figured it was in vain, but wanted to ask. yea our Type 3's exclude pbae too. we at least have Spell Dmg up to +500 though and the AA crit /dmg bonuses work with PBAE.

Mods- ty for moving to EMU :hfive:
 
You can just copy an existing focus and remove the limiter.. Most focuses (foci?) have a pretty standard set of limiters on them. I.E - healing focuses have a spell ID limiter for spell 13 (Complete Heal).

Copying an existing one and removing a given limiter will allow you to add it on to a piece of gear without modifying the behavior of basically the whole game unintentionally. Would do this over relying on spell damage / heal amount as they can have weird interactions like being affected by cast times.
 
Question - PBAE Focus Gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
Cart