• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Patch - Test Update 02/26/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,593¢
February 26, 2020

*** Highlights ***

- TEST SERVER ONLY - Veteran Rewards will be temporarily disabled.
- Become the Overseer! Gain the loyalty of iconic Agents and protect Norrath from the ever-present ripples of Discord. Send your Agents on harrowing Overseer Quests, into moments spanning the entirety of Norrath's history, and restore balance where you can. Along the way you'll gain fabulous rewards and grow in power. You may even draw the attention of Norrath's most famous heroes, and perhaps a few particularly nefarious villains. Do you have what it takes to gain the allegiance of Norrath's elite?
- Access the Overseer interface via the [EQ Menu] >> [Quests] >> [Overseer] menu option, or by entering the command /overseer.

*** Items ***

- You can no longer combine items using tradeskills when any ingredients contains one or more augments.
- - Evolving items with the 'Claim Reward' button and are otherwise eligible to be claimed, cannot be claimed until all augments are removed from the item first.

*** Tradeskills ***

- The Faded Velium War Hammer recipe will now give the right product.
- Crystallized Precious Velium Ore now has a chance to drop in the chest in the missions Seeking the Sorcerer and Icebound Avatar. Six months after Torment of Velious was released there will be an additional chance to gain Crystallized Precious Velium Ore from those two missions, and the Griklor the Restless and Restless Assault missions.

*** Quests And Events ***

- Tserrina Syl`Tor - Tserrina's corpse will no longer move upon success of this raid event. This will hopefully prevent problems with looting the Key of Trauma.

*** Spells ***

- Paladin - Concordant Blessing is now available at level 108 from Fairelwil Amsapi, Median Spellbound Lamps, and Median Spellbound Rings.
- Wizard - Fixed a bug where Daveron's Pyroblade and earlier summoned swords were not immune to area damage effects.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Added the /shownpcnames command which toggles npc names on and off like the Option Window option.
- In the guild bank, if you try to set an item to be withdrawable by Single Member and that character name doesn't exist, the item will now be set to Public If Usable.
- - If the character gets deleted or transferred to another server, the permissions for that item will also get set to Public If Usable.
- Increased the experience bonus for having other players (not mercenaries) in your group.
- - Increased the amount of AA experience you get in groups of 4 or more and raids of 13 or more.
- Fixed the spelling of the bartender's name on the map in Timorous Deep.
- Fast Camping can now be done within Guildhalls.

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue that prevented weapon ornaments that can be placed in all slashing, blunt, or piercing weapons from displaying their slot restriction information in the item inspect window.
- If you zone with the Rewards window open, the rewards now display properly, and no longer require you to close and open the window to see the rewards you have pending.
- Fixed the neighborhood window to always display the name of the guild in the guild plot section.
- The Quest Journal will now persist quest selections through opening/closing the window and zoning.

- Changed -
EQUI_OverseerWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team

The response to XP complaints was to increase player group xp and AA bonus, going to anger a lot of people against boxers.
Crystallized Precious Velium Ore - Velks and Kael. Guess I will have to drop my indifference to Kael mission and find a way to consistently win it.
Overseer things, have not had time to check it out on test. anyone have an opinion yet ?

There shall be much crying and whining!

Lame patch, but if that overseer thing works out... meh... could be cool (i think??)

The response to XP complaints was to increase player group xp and AA bonus, going to anger a lot of people against boxers.
Crystallized Precious Velium Ore - Velks and Kael. Guess I will have to drop my indifference to Kael mission and find a way to consistently win it.
Overseer things, have not had time to check it out on test. anyone have an opinion yet ?

What is Crystallized Precious Velium Ore used for?

MY vet rewards worked just fine this morning....banker, throne, lesson...all fired off and took effect. So if they intended them to be disabled that didn't happen. I'm excited to see if the xp bonus is noticeable.

I would assume so, there was no mention of specific levels.

- Increased the experience bonus for having other players (not mercenaries) in your group.
- - Increased the amount of AA experience you get in groups of 4 or more and raids of 13 or more.

I would assume so, there was no mention of specific levels.

Interesting. I'm also wondering that if this will prefer raid farming of AAs over group farming of AAs...

Last edited:
I hope someone here figures out the overseer thing and makes a write up here so when I get back to the game in a couple months i'm not totally in the dark.

Anybody tested the exp changes?

Previously group bonus for real players was +20% for each group member from 2nd to 5th one. Then a 6th member didn't get more +% exp, but exp was divided like 5 members were in group. So 6th increased your kills/hour with no penalty.

Being in a raid cut your xp rate to 1/3 of normal.

Other than fellowship vitality being 500% bonus for xp or 300% bonus for AA, I'm not aware of an AA specific modifier until this change.

Same here. I thought XP was XP, and it was simply divided between Normal and AA based on your percentage slider?

I do a 30 man raid and my I normally just watch my puller tank for xp. It looks like aaexp went up about 2-4% per kill. I was averaging 12% aa now it's between 14 and 16% the regular exp on my non 110s looks like it doubled from what it was at .03 to .06% but im not sure on that as I never really watch them so I'm going off memory.

I thought most people knew they made experience some sort of calculus formula. Some races and classes actually got more experience than other party members with some actually getting less. Dungeons get more exp than outdoor zones. Its stupid complicated.

Patch - Patch - Test Update 02/26/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back