• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Patch notes for December 8, 2020 (Claws of Veeshan patch) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,211¢
December 8, 2020

*** Highlights ***

- Claws of Veeshan is now available for anyone that has purchased it.
- - Velious is overwhelmed with writhing ice. Frozen undead swarm everywhere. The few survivors throw aside old hatreds, for now at least, and band together to survive. The heroes of Norrath arrive to help them, but they have not discovered the source of the deadly ice. The remaining giants of Kael Drakkel, now more able to move around their city, carve a tunnel out to the Cobalt Scar. It is time for the bravest heroes of Norrath to challenge the dragons of Velious and put an end to the deadly magic that has tormented the citizens of the continent.
- - Rise to the challenge! Face the ancient dragons of Velious and bring them to account for their actions!
- - The Dragon's Hoard is now available. See below for details.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Lake-Effect Snow Devils - Updated text to reflect which mob should be killed for credit with the quest.
- - Fixed an issue with snow dervishes appearing with incorrect names.
- - Fixed an issue in where players were not getting kill credit for killing snow dervishes in the Great Divide.
- To Kill a Thel Ereth Ril - Fixed an issue where Alchemist Vaskerin would not give the player the correct item to continue the quest.

*** Spells ***

- Monk - Increased the incoming damage modifier for ranks 2 and 3 of Firewalker's Covenant.
- Necromancer - Increased the maximum level affected by Malevolent Alliance from 110 to 115.
- Paladin - Increased the maximum level affected by Holy Alliance from 110 to 115.
- Wizard - Increased the maximum level affected by Self-Combustion Effect from 110 to 115.

*** AA ***

- The following Archetype AAs are now collectively called "Battlefield Vengeance":
- - Return Kick, Frenzied Return Strike, Knight's Return Strike, Hunter's Return Kick, Knave's Return Strike, Warlord's Return Kick, Beastlord's Feral Kick, and Furious Refrain.
- - Their functionality remains the same.

*** NPCs ***

- More windchill sprites can be found in the Eastern Wastes (Torment of Velious).
- Zeflmin Welikanin can now teleport you to the Torment of Velious version of the Cobalt Scar.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The Dragon's Hoard is now available. To find it, open the bank and click on the Dragon's Hoard button.
- - This will act as a separate bank for each character and allow you to store additional items.
- - It can be accessed from any banker in the world on all servers as long as you have purchased the Claws of Veeshan expansion.
- - This gives you the option to store your items in a list based format that is easily sorted and auto-merges your stacks of items for you.
- - The cap for each character's Hoard is 100 items for members, 25 items for non-members, and 100 additional items from purchased Dragon's Hoard Slots.
- - Dragon's Hoard items will only show up in Find Item window searches when the Dragon's Hoard window is open.
- - Dragon's Hoard items will be listed in /outputfile inventory if it is run when the Dragon's Hoard window is open.
- - The Dragon's Hoard allows for one additional instance of a lore/lore-group item to be stored, independent of your inventory, similar to the shared bank.
- Fixed a potential client crash when trying to render lighting on some models.
- Fixed a potential rare client crash related to chat channels and invalid character data.

*** UI ***

- Fixed several potential client crashes related to custom UIs and the Overseer window.

- Added -
EQUI_DragonHoardWnd.xml

- Changed -
EQUI.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_BankWnd.xml
EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml
EQUI_FindItemWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team

Anyone got more info on new AA's and spells?
spells are meh - basically, 4-5 upgrades (new dicho, new alliance updrages are 2 of them) depending on class and nothing new - AAs are just upgrades also.

Looks like we'll be waiting for a bit for a free expansion increase, eh?
you mean for TBL to be free?

they said before that its auto scripted these days 2 behind for xpansions and 4 behind for AA Autogrant

who knows when the "script" fires off tho

they said before that its auto scripted these days 2 behind for xpansions and 4 behind for AA Autogrant

Ahh, well, at least it's scripted. This should mean we're going to be up to EOK for auto-grant too at some point. I think that means everyone's going to get 13-spell gems auto granted or was that a RoS AA?

It's like 3k-4k AA worth of additional ranks across the board for all classes. Clerics have 41.X thousand AA, and they hit the 45k marker in CoV beta.

Ahh, well, at least it's scripted. This should mean we're going to be up to EOK for auto-grant too at some point. I think that means everyone's going to get 13-spell gems auto granted or was that a RoS AA?
Some autogranted focus aas will help a lot and will speed up maxing aas on toons.

How much is the hp increase from ToV tier1 and to CoV tier1? And is it the procedure the same to do armor, tier 1 is buyable ore and crafterd is named drop ore?

Anyone been working the group missions? I’ve only been raiding in beta.

Would love to know if the group missions have any crouch,sit down, dance, parkour, FD idiotic things to do again. That damn Kael mission still gives me nightmares, only ever managed to complete it once.

Yeah this is questionable at this point, and hard to find a direct answer...

CoV released on test a few days ago, and TBL is still not unlocked for f2p.. I had expected that the patch they just dropped on test this evening to sync it up with the most recent beta update was going to add that, but it wasn't so...

Now sometimes they wait a month or so after the new xpac comes out, so who knows if that will be the same case? (hoping so!)

How much is the hp increase from ToV tier1 and to CoV tier1? And is it the procedure the same to do armor, tier 1 is buyable ore and crafterd is named drop ore?
Offhand I forget, but it's like 1.5-2k each, and yes and no. Unless they change the tags overnight, the t1 containers are NOT tradeable, but the functions are same. 2 tiers of dropped containers then a tier of crafted containers and dropped ore, BUT the ore does not seem to be a guaranteed drop.

It's like 3k-4k AA worth of additional ranks across the board for all classes. Clerics have 41.X thousand AA, and they hit the 45k marker in CoV beta.
Not so much across the board, maxed aa SK was over 58k on beta, closer to a 6k increase.

yeah they've been shooting for +-5kish each xpac recently it seems i was thinking it would be over that 4k for sure
That's why people that come back way behind feel overwhelmed, 4 years of 5k a year, 20k behind, some as much as a 34k gap from autogrant to max before cov

That's why people that come back way behind feel overwhelmed, 4 years of 5k a year, 20k behind, some as much as a 34k gap from autogrant to max before cov
100% hopefully that eok autogrant is sooner than later - all those focuses and such are going to be nice

Yeah, time saver at least.

That's gonna be a lot faster to maxx aas on toons. We gonna have to make a lot more of them :)
Already did ! you can have 14 toons per account (without any special flag, subscribed) :P filled the accounts up that had spots open.
Going to be a long year, all those epics/progression I have been neglecting will get done this year.

Haha i started some this year, at least TBL /tov done on most of them. Anf for most of them they were lacking a bunch on aas (neglected them for such a long time), so took time to get them up to date.
I hope it will be faster this year :)

Already did ! you can have 14 toons per account (without any special flag, subscribed) :P filled the accounts up that had spots open.
Going to be a long year, all those epics/progression I have been neglecting will get done this year.
it does take special flags to hit 14, i have some with 14 slots but others with only 10-11, my babyest accounts only have 8 slots and all are subscribed.

Supposedly the tradeskill crafted CoV gear is on par with Ice Woven (raid T1), can anyone confirm? I'd like to see the bump up on non-prestige gear honestly. That's where my boxes suffer. I am almost ready to drop my healer from gold and instead sub with one of my zerkers for that deeps boost.

I just logged in on Test which has the upcoming Live patch. My mage just got AAs up to EoK autogranted. It also gave the SpeciAl Tab AA “Essence of the Dragon” which was progression locked previously. And you can train it on your merc for free.

I just logged in on Test which has the upcoming Live patch. My mage just got AAs up to EoK autogranted. It also gave the SpeciAl Tab AA “Essence of the Dragon” which was progression locked previously. And you can train it on your merc for free.

Holy crap, I'm surprised they granted that one.. That was more of a quested thing rather than like a class/ arch skill...

Yeah, that was the bottleneck that stopped my progression for a long time.

i eventually gave up trying to get a full grp w that blocker and did it when it was still a skyfire mission was just a bitch
overwhelming it w dps and hoping mana would hold, in the beginning i had to use staunch to keep going
now thank god mission is a joke, maybe one day people wont need ganak familiar

Morning All, Happy Launch/Patch day. We still tracking to late evening for KA updates?
- Thanks for all the hard work Sic & Team.

~AI
definitely more @eqmule @brainiac and team - I'm just an RG dude and much lower on the "MQ2" stuff than many other folks.

Assuming the eq patch goes as planned, and mule doesn't have any surprises pop up for MQ2, there's no reason to think (at least right now) that we won't be enjoying the xpac this evening

We still tracking to late evening for KA updates?

what does that even mean, im guessing still no compile, but is there a pending KA update needed or coming as as well?

or is it one of those are we there yet, how about now, or now questions, or now? (i forget folks are in diff time zone, perhaps its nighttime there, but its only 10 am where i am, patch should be ongoing still)

definitely more @eqmule @brainiac and team - I'm just an RG dude and much lower on the "MQ2" stuff than many other folks.

Assuming the eq patch goes as planned, and mule doesn't have any surprises pop up for MQ2, there's no reason to think (at least right now) that we won't be enjoying the xpac this evening

lol...i love your optimism...i always say it +/- 48 hrs. on any launch/expansion launch. Knocking on wood!
~A.I

IRL - Patch notes for December 8, 2020 (Claws of Veeshan patch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back