• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Patch Day Funnah - Flaming 101 (1 Viewer)

Incognito

RedCents
1,308¢
And now... Patch Day Funny - Flaming 101

Raz likes to say we don't flame here at RG, so I wanted to outline what flaming actually is, so we know what it is we don't do. I believe there are nuances, degrees of flames, subtle variations that when delivered properly the recipient doesn't even know they are being flamed. That to me is fun, cheap entertainment, and keeps my posts (mostly) out of the FippyDorkPaw forum.

For me, a good flame always starts with a greeting:

Dear Numbnutted myopic simpleton:​

Not really subtle, but packed with goodies:
  • Starting with "Dear" gives a formality to it, that alone can keep the simple-minded from noticing the rest.
  • Never pass up a chance to questions someone's manhood. Oh its a female? *Brrtt* no, its not, if it appear female, its an overweight middle-aged male with salami stains on a weeks-worn T-Shirt, prolly smokin a cigar... drives a Gremlin...
  • Insult one's intelligence with a word they don't know, bonus points for using a medical/science term they have to look up.
  • Simpleton is pretty blunt, but just in case you have overly succeeded with subtlety, you might want to come right out and set the tone.

Next, I like to highlight why I am addressing them at all. Something they said, or think, or posted:

You have the appearance of someone who is oblivious to the finer points of opinion: your own.

Here I have not only pointed out raison d'être but also got another dig in. But its cleverly disguised as you can't really tell what I'm diggin on...

Next, its always fun to counter whatever their point is in a way that makes them scratch their head and even wonder if they are being insulted:

You blasted someone for trying to use a druid as main healer. The literate among us can tell that he 1) has a Pally tank (spot heals), 2) Shaman (more spot heals but primarily set to slow and debuff), 3) and the bard is constantly regening HP/Mana. The content in question is easy grind so little risk. The rest of us do things on purpose...

See that? I told him/her he/she couldn't read, right off the bat. And, that the rest of us, majority (thus excluding him - make him feel like an outsider without coming out and saying it) stake holders (he has no stake), are keenly aware (beyond his comprehension) that many things are situational and healing wasn't why the OP was posted, nimwit. Finally, I accused him of not knowing why he does things, prolly lost tho.

People hide their opinions/scrutiny as questions as if we can't see thru it; I call it "under the auspices of an innocuous inquiry".

Why Margarete, is that a new sweater? All the while scrunching her nose in a passive aggressive emote of distaste.

But, you can use it:

Do you think the priests have heals merely to fill up their spellbooks?

Or:

Heaven forbid a priest use his heals

Not a question, but a statement of fact, which can be used in the same way: to ridicule someone's PoV.

Now you don't want to acquire the wrath of the RG admins, so you need to keep it short. Accept your small wins and close out, or Raz will put you in Fippy regardless of how clever you think you were...

So GL to you! As you continue to learn EQ we all hope you have fun and broaden your horizons.

Make it sound like you are wishing him well. By now he don't know. But, you alluded to some sarcasm (GL), accused he has lots to learn, and told him to broaden his horizons (pull head out).

Now go have a beer, or pizza, or Cheetos, or whatever floats your boat. Other than the greeting, you might just have got away with flaming on the RG boards...

When all else fails, go big:

There are the old stand-bys, classic hints that point to one's worthiness of a flame:

66468077.jpg

Spikoli never gets old...

Dear Cotton headed ninnymugins,
Your point is taken as well as it was delivered. (sarcasm)
Raz

PS at least I did not say, "Hey Kid....." that on always gets me laughing...

This is probably THE WORST thread I've ever read, ever. Do you even have a degree in this subject matter? I'm flummoxed as to why exactly you thought it would be a 'great' idea to post this non-sense here.

I hope to whatever god you worship that the admins see fit to remove you from our community.

GOOD DAY.

- - - Updated - - -

Opps, forgot:
48738838.jpg

This is probably THE WORST thread I've ever read, ever. Do you even have a degree in this subject matter? I'm flummoxed as to why exactly you thought it would be a 'great' idea to post this non-sense here.

I hope to whatever god you worship that the admins see fit to remove you from our community.

GOOD DAY.

- - - Updated - - -

Opps, forgot:
View attachment 10600

I see what you did there!

Yo shithead,
You need to stick to messin up kiss and posting useless holyshits. Your retarded attempt at a flaming guide made me autistic. I don't have the time or crayons to explain to you how fucking stupid this thread is. If you post any more crap like this I will not only ban you but your retarded pets too.

Last edited:
Funny - Patch Day Funnah - Flaming 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Back