• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Outbound to Iraq Again!! (1 Viewer)

geostone

RedCents
Well screw the idea of trying WoW. Heading out to Iraq for the 3rd time damn. Oh well, at least i'll have some loot to get a bad ass gaming pc when i get back. Thx you guys for all your help loved it and like Swartz says, "I'LL BE BACK" Anyways i'll be hitting up the forums as im gone again.

Han'jin said:
which is...

My bad Forward Observer Artillery. I call for fire on people/building/objects... It can be anything from Artillery from Cannon to Bombs from Planes..

We work a lot with Scouts

Couple questions before you go..

Have you on previous tours pwned any "insurgents" i.e. Jihadists?

Speaking of phat lewtz, do they let you bring home any souveniers? Say AK-47's or ritual beheading knives, that sort of thing?

I see all the pictures, and I hear it's really hot...but nobody is drenched in sweat. Why is that?

I'd like to send some care packages to the troops. What sort of things do you guys want over there? I hear DVD's are big.

I can answer some of these from my perspective, as a Ground Mobile Forces SatComm Operator...

Skeptic said:
Have you on previous tours pwned any "insurgents" i.e. Jihadists?

No, but I did get sooooo deliciously close once... They were about 1000 yards down the way, and I was not authorized to fire. I was pointing at them saying "bang, bang" in my head tho. I kinda chubbed up a little.

Skeptic said:
Speaking of phat lewtz, do they let you bring home any souveniers? Say AK-47's or ritual beheading knives, that sort of thing?

You can bring home anything you don't get caught with. ;)

Skeptic said:
I see all the pictures, and I hear it's really hot...but nobody is drenched in sweat. Why is that?

It's an insanely DRY heat. As soon as you sweat a single drop, it's so friggin' hot the sweat just evaporates right off your skin.

Skeptic said:
I'd like to send some care packages to the troops. What sort of things do you guys want over there? I hear DVD's are big.

Yeah, DVDs are always awesome. If you're not looking to spend much money, baby wipes are so much better than the porta-john TP we use out there, and dog flea collars are awesome for keeping the sand fleas from crawling up your legs (just put them around your ankles outside the boot) - Snack food is also a welcome gift. Vienna Sausages, other canned stuff with pull-top lids and other non-perishables are WAY better than the BS MRE's we have to eat.

Just be creative... Some of the coolest stuff I got out there was things noone else's family ever thought to send. ;)

-CodeCaster

P.S. - Where you gonna be at in Iraq this time around man? I was at Al-Asad last year, and headed to Al-Quaim in February... Maybe I'll see you in Kuwait. ;)

Hey Geo,
Watch your ass over there and come home safely. My son just finished his 2nd tour last Oct. He's a Marine, got battlefield commission to seargent on last tour due to the amount of arms caches his platoon found and destroyed over there. I saw some pretty graphic pics he brought back. Watch your back. I saw a vid he brought where they called in for a house with insurgetns to be bombed. Its cool what a 500 lb bomb will do to a house hehe.
I'm proud of all you who have served over there and elsewhere. After 9/11 I was wishing I was 20 yrs younger so I could go too. My boy spent the last part in what was left of Fallujah. "Cockroaches" still crawling out of everywhere over there.
How long you have left to serve yet?

Be safe over there man!!

wish i could go...but they won't let me leave this damn office...my commander told me i was 'too needed here'...bullshit...

see yea bro im joinin back up with the army mabye ill be lucky anough to be stationed with ya

p.s. i know how danm hot it getts over there cause i was in the first gulf war was like living hell so ill bring some Sun tan lotion and a football lol

see yea bro im joinin back up with the army mabye ill be lucky anough to be stationed with ya

p.s. i know how danm hot it gets over there cause i was in the first gulf war was like living hell so ill bring some Sun tan lotion and mail some cool aid to ya before i get there ;)

Double Poster!!

I am planning to join up with either the Army or Marines after I finish college, abling me to automatically be officer instead of cannonfodder scouts :( Poor guys.

Hopefully, this will be in 'at the very least' .. 5-6 yrs :(

Oh well, good luck out there guys, and don't you die on me goddamnit!! :(

-Bless
Erol-Tob

Erol-Tob said:
I am planning to join up with either the Army or Marines after I finish college, abling me to automatically be officer instead of cannonfodder scouts :( Poor guys.

ROFL!

Butter-bars are cannon fodder too, my friend. You'll be cannon fodder for at least 3-4 years. ;)

-CodeCaster

cannon fodder scouts?

scouts hide in nice high places and snipe the crap outta people..

they are far from cannon fodder..

Be safe over there.. I will be back there soon enough ..

8-)

BTW ARMY ftw!!!

GO ARMY

Next question:

I'd like to send the stuff to basically random G.I.'s in the shit over there and I don't want some jag-off in an air-conditioned office to get it.

My idea was to visit the local recruiting office and see if they'll give me some names of G.I.'s from my local county that are stationed in Iraq. I also figure the recruiters would be able to help me with guidelines on shipping and what not to send.

Good idea or no?

recruiting offices will be know help ...

I would..

a. have one of our member who is over there send you some unit chaplain info to send to ... chaplains have #'s to other chalpains in the deeper S--T in iraq

b. there are some organizations that do this on the web and maybe locally

c. contact red cross or a FRG (Family Rediness Group) of a base close to you
they will have some good info

ummmmmmmmm if you happen to know a unit that is deployed you could contact their FRG and ask for the chaplains info ..

there are lots of ways...

8-)

army

Once i get in Country Skep ill get on the forums and send some info. It'll be a couple of weeks though

Outbound to Iraq Again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back