• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - One Box Raiding The Expansions (1 Viewer)

RedCents
24,609¢
I am one-group box raiding through the expansions: Shd, Shm, Mag, Enc, Rog, Brd.
Primary goal are the raids my main hadn't accomplished when Guilded.

The fun is the challenge, and figuring things out by force, creativity, or - if all else fails - scripting. Both in winning an encounter; and separately completing any achievements.
Obviously having a second group (or specifically a second tank) would unblock several of these, but that isn't what interests me.

Advice or input would be neat, but I'm more curious to hear if anyone else has walked through these. Where challenges were hit. Creative solutions, and all of that.

My current status for all relevant expansions:
  • SoF
    • 100% completed. No challenges that I can recall.
    • Still occasionally farming this to acquire a drop from final Crystallos raid
  • SoD
    • 100% complete. No challenges that I can recall.
  • PoWar
    • The Brothers Zek: Failed due to mechanics, but may be possible. Two separate, rooted mobs.
  • Underfoot 100% completed
  • HoT
    • Have not attempted yet. (Main completed when guilded)
  • VoA
    • Stuck on T3: Two Sides of the Stone due to mechanics (raid force splits and needs attention). Still working this one. Possible some macros can help
  • RoF
    • T4: Memories of the Faceless was a nasty one. After many failures, traded Bard for a Paladin (second tank+healer) to eke that one out.
    • Stuck on T4: Threshold: An End To Fear. Have not yet figured the mechanics out.
    • Handful of achievements for earlier raids still remain
  • CotF
    • Stuck on T2: Pelazia's Plot (Bixie Warfront) due to mechanics. Has a nasty Death Touch that I haven't worked around yet
    • I think may be achievable, but need working with second tank (Mage Pet, in my case) and solid targeting-assist script.
  • TDS
    • 100% completed of the normal raids.
    • Two achievements left
      • One requires > 6 people (can't do with 1 group)
      • One tricky balance kill I haven't worked hard at yet
    • Have not attempted the two "One-Off" raids.
    • Passing T1: Defense of the City was a fun challenge that took several runs to figure out.
  • TBM
  • EoK
  • RoS
    • First run at T1: Fell Foliage wiped me so fast I haven't tried a second time yet.
  • TBL
    • First raid T1:Fire Fight seems do-able but handful of runs and I haven't got the timing down yet.
  • ToV
    • Have not attempted yet.

Last edited:
EoK is 1 groupable till later raids. Mechs will mess with you. Ive done quite a few EoK with current group of 120's to get Rk. III spells. Ill have to look up specific raid names and get back which was a breeze.

I was also looking to slowly do this over time. I finished all of SoD as well as UF (I had some help for trial of creation, but now I'm back to doing everything with my group only). Was actually working on the progression for HOT next and then going to try the raids. Have you started any of that?
Edit: BTW Grand Slam from UF is probably still difficult to do this day since it demands multiple tanks
Was feeling a bit brave and wanted to try Vim and Vigor in TBM the other day. It went fairly better than I expected but once the emotes for getting invulnerable and needing to run toons to the aura became too much I'd wipe, especially if it affected my only healer. May wait until I'm NOS raid geared before trying again.

I was also looking to slowly do this over time. I finished all of SoD as well as UF (I had some help for trial of creation, but now I'm back to doing everything with my group only). Was actually working on the progression for HOT next and then going to try the raids. Have you started any of that?
Edit: BTW Grand Slam from UF is probably still difficult to do this day since it demands multiple tanks
Was feeling a bit brave and wanted to try Vim and Vigor in TBM the other day. It went fairly better than I expected but once the emotes for getting invulnerable and needing to run toons to the aura became too much I'd wipe, especially if it affected my only healer. May wait until I'm NOS raid geared before trying again.

I actually hadn't tried several expansions as my main had achieved them when guilded. So they were lower-priority for me to start with.
SoF, HoT, TBM, and EoK.

However, I will update the list above to be more complete. And do want to give them a try.

I would expect Vim and Vigor to be a bear, but possibly achievable with some work.

So great to see this post. This feat is definitely on my To-do list. The gap from when I retired to now, I'm missing so many raids from SoD through TBL. I've done 1 RoF raid and finished CoTF Deadhills. Will be fun to see what else my single group will be able to accomplish.

Question - One Box Raiding The Expansions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back