• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - ? on larger groups/raids and dealing with AOE type mobs (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,291¢
Been working my raid group into TOV and am kind of caught up on what to do or how to handle the dragons that do AOE type stuff. Curious how maybe others with large raid forces handle these types of things. I'm thinking that Lua event manager might be the way to go but I have never really messed with it.

For example, when a dragon is casting, you could have toons run around a corner but that might not work in cases where there is no corner to run around or the cast is instant/timer based.

So just picking the brains of the collective here. What do you all do?

pig-chip.gif

Eat the aoe and splash heal through
this is exactly how we handle it, only situation we've had any difference was on event like Griklor where he flies off. for some reason with no mob on target/xtar the plugs wouldn't heal appropriately for the AEs.

so I just ended up making a few keys to tell the shm/clr to MGB their AE heals.. so anytime we hit that case I just tap one of those to keep raid healed.

For aary, get clerics the quest legs, stick them in the room, and chain click, that will keep group healed. Pull aary to hallway outside and pin him to wall, that keeps clerics out of ae. Run debuffersin right after silence goes out, then back out to keep them safe as well.

Cleric quest legs op in that era until you got bigger mana pool.

I guess my reason to post was more about the automation side if things. I can figure out the strats. I'm not a new player to EQ by any means. I was more curious about what people are doing macro/script wise. Do you have LEM events scripted out, custom mac's, or what? If so, I'd love to pick your brain.

I guess my reason to post was more about the automation side if things. I can figure out the strats. I'm not a new player to EQ by any means. I was more curious about what people are doing macro/script wise. Do you have LEM events scripted out, custom mac's, or what? If so, I'd love to pick your brain.
most folks i talk to are using LEM for small stuff, or custom Lua scripts for bigger stuff using mq events

Question - ? on larger groups/raids and dealing with AOE type mobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back