• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - OMG Log file (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,160¢
My computer kept telling me I had no more space. Memory was low. 500gb hard drive and I could not figure out what the heck was taking up so much space. Took me a while but my DBG folder was at 175gb. My buddy said his was only 12gb. We compared file by file and the log file was 160gb. I've never even opened or looked at this. I deleted them all and poof. Computer has lots of space now. Just wanted to pass this along. I'm not savvy at all with computers or software. Hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

I believe Gina implements log rotation. And if you're not using Gina...why you got logs on?~

As for integration with windows...no reason to. Not integrating gives people better choices, like WinDirStat or TreeSize or any of the other options. Also, since WinDirStat is open source, there is no "buying." But probably most important to Microsoft, if they did integrate it, due to the GPLv2 license they would probably have to open source Explorer...and that probably leads to open sourcing most of windows.

Some thoughts in addition to those above.

1. Insert a line in Release/configs/class.cfg (eg. wizard.cfg) with /log off. Do it for each class played except for the 1 guy you want logging turned on for. This is because a shared eqclient.ini with log=1 will turn it on for all
2. Gamparse and EQLogparser (and Gina as mentioned above) use these log files. MQ2DpsAdv and kissassist’s DPS meters do not
3. Gamparse can be configured to auto backup log files when they exceed a certain size. I set mine to 500mb
4. If you want to keep your log files, but want to break them down into smaller parts, use WinZip or Winrar , select the target size for each part and select uncompressed.

Bans - OMG Log file

Users who are viewing this thread

Back