• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Odd map glitch (1 Viewer)

RedCents
I run 2 accounts on one comp. I have winXP. and 3 gigs or ram.

Well anyways i was in FC and on my main i had no map of the maze, Then I alt-tab to my alt and the map to the maze is showing???? Anyone have a clue what would cause this, and make the maze appear on both accounts?

P.S. just noticed that i was in general and not Q&R section. BAH long day

....Let me find a kitten

I've had this happen before on multiple accounts. I've never been able to figure out yet why it happens. I've reloaded full map packs from mapfiend on both systems, yet in certain zones, the map does not show properly on my alt account.

Have you tried turning off the Height portion of the EQ map. Some of the maps, like MPG, have no height data so when you have that part on trying to see just the area you are in the whole map goes away.

I've had same problem in the past. Even copied files to transfer to other PC, maps were gtg on PC they were transfered to but all of a sudden some became non-existent on PC they were copied off. Go figure. Finally re-downloaded from Mapfiend and it's all good now.

I have this problem when I run 2 accounts on 1 computer as well or maps will freeze up when mobs are pathing and in some rare occurances Ive ran into a time where it would turn my entire map white and couldnt see even a dot on there

If you are running more than 1 account from the same folder then sometimes the map file can become corrupted and thats what causes the map errors.

On the PC I box on I've had no problems with the maps [transfered from other PC] It's the PC I only run 1 acct on that I had to reload maps from Mapfiend. So like anything else, reinstall maps and it seems to be fixed for now.

So i tried to uninstall the maps and reinstal and didnt work :( the odd thing is that the whole map shows except the maze. Its not to big a deal tho i just /fol the char that has the maze completed. But i know one of these times that char is gonna die and ill be SOL again lol

Odd map glitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back