• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Not sure where to ask this. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
160¢
I keep seeing hints about placing what you see below into a file for EQ maps. I tried it out but I think I have different map locations now that I'm using kiss assist.

Where would you place this to make it work?

Thank you :)

Put this in your chardok_2.txt map file for Rusdai's location.
P 112.6636, 289.4477, -289.0581, 127, 0, 0, 2, Rusdai

I keep seeing hints about placing what you see below into a file for EQ maps. I tried it out but I think I have different map locations now that I'm using kiss assist.

Where would you place this to make it work?

Thank you :)

Put this in your chardok_2.txt map file for Rusdai's location.
P 112.6636, 289.4477, -289.0581, 127, 0, 0, 2, Rusdai
While you can do that, I would recommend to use the already made and annotated maps by two excellent mappers. Rusdai and much more info is already listed on the map files.

I use Goods:

OK. So you first need to know where your EQ installation folder is located. For me, it is C:\User\Public\Daybreak Games Company\Installed Games\EverQuest.

In that folder will be a folder names 'maps'. This is where the default maps thatcame with EQ will be. If you downloaded additional maps like Good's (and you should) they should be in sub-folders (e.g., 'maps\Goods's Maps'). These maps are available in-game using the drop-down in the map. As RedFrog mentioned, these maps have additional information on them, making updates as you are looking at redundant.

Anyway, once you have located the folder where the maps are, you should be able to find the file mentioned. In my case, 'chardok_2.txt' can be found in the default maps folder as well as in the Good's folder. So one problem you might run into is pasting the map info into the wrong file - make sure to put it in the file in the folder corresponding to the maps you are using. Once you find the file, open it in a text editor and paste in the lines.

Finally, Kissassist has nothing to do with map locations or files. MQ does not either.

Finally, Kissassist has nothing to do with map locations or files. MQ does not either.
MQ does. It's MQ2Map, it provides locations for the creatures/objects/groundspawns/circles/etc on the map, excessive spawns on the map can cause some labels not to show up.
/mapfilter can filter out normallabels.

With that said, your explanation on how to edit the file seems like the right way to go to add a location. You can even add the locations to the custom maps if it doesn't exist.

Additionally, you'll want to make sure the proper layer is visible. If you're putting in a point that goes in layer 1, 2, or 3 and that layer isn't active, then the label won't show.

Question - Not sure where to ask this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back