• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Discussion - Noobie build for 3 Toon Box (1 Viewer)

ObiviousOne

RedCents
41¢
I have a 3 toon box running on the same machine. The Toons are all mid 50's (War Rog and Enc each with Merc).

I am running Vanilla default (no additional macros from base install).

How can i optimize this group? any other macros i should install? any default (installed) macros that i should configure to max outputs?

There are so many option to the base install, and i am new to this process but am willing to learn how to use them. Where should i look? I have tried to look up several of them individually, but the information seems to be dated, and I'm unsure if it is still accurate to the 11.xx install. I do know that many of the Kissassist .ini library files are out of date for the 11.xx install. I have tried to review and adjust, but admit that i am woefully unknowledgeable of what i am doing.

Any guidance to a newbie or direction to existing guides that are relevant would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome. These videos might help answer some of your questions. A lot of Mq is trial and error, especially at first.

I would either just stick with KA or maybe try IHCmercs. I’ve never gotten into IHC, but I believe once you learn their unified commands, it’s relatively simple compared to all of the effort building inis for KA.

If you decide to go with KA, which I suggest for the long-term, then as long as you have a basic grasp of the class, you should be ok. I would take the basic ini that you get from initially running KA, then copy/paste each section from one of the library inis for that class. That way you can do a little trial/error if something goes wrong. If something does go wrong, look it up in this guide and fix it...

I think this settings reference is invaluable for anyone starting out. Not too much has changed for each section as far as KA versions go. I believe the heals section has changed RE rez , but you shouldn’t have to worry about that.

KissAssist is a good starting point. Learning the KA ini system will let you customize for any toon/lvl as you work your way up. The link from wymranar is gold, I lived on that page for months when I started.

There is also an active community of KA fans who are happy to help you trouble shoot or update a KA ini file. You can make a post in the KA forums (for ini's use the </> code button in the post editor.) Or stop by the discord server for quick questions.

IHC has great free warrior and enchanter macros. These are more "ready-made" options where you can configure them a little, but they pretty much come pre-setup. I'm not sure if IHC has a ready to go rogue yet, but Chat does sell a $20/yr plugin for rogues that is outstanding.

Last edited:
Discussion - Noobie build for 3 Toon Box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back