• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Noobie build for 3 Toon Box

ObiviousOne

RedCents
41¢
I have a 3 toon box running on the same machine. The Toons are all mid 50's (War Rog and Enc each with Merc).

I am running Vanilla default (no additional macros from base install).

How can i optimize this group? any other macros i should install? any default (installed) macros that i should configure to max outputs?

There are so many option to the base install, and i am new to this process but am willing to learn how to use them. Where should i look? I have tried to look up several of them individually, but the information seems to be dated, and I'm unsure if it is still accurate to the 11.xx install. I do know that many of the Kissassist .ini library files are out of date for the 11.xx install. I have tried to review and adjust, but admit that i am woefully unknowledgeable of what i am doing.

Any guidance to a newbie or direction to existing guides that are relevant would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome. These videos might help answer some of your questions. A lot of Mq is trial and error, especially at first.

I would either just stick with KA or maybe try IHCmercs. I’ve never gotten into IHC, but I believe once you learn their unified commands, it’s relatively simple compared to all of the effort building inis for KA.

If you decide to go with KA, which I suggest for the long-term, then as long as you have a basic grasp of the class, you should be ok. I would take the basic ini that you get from initially running KA, then copy/paste each section from one of the library inis for that class. That way you can do a little trial/error if something goes wrong. If something does go wrong, look it up in this guide and fix it...

I think this settings reference is invaluable for anyone starting out. Not too much has changed for each section as far as KA versions go. I believe the heals section has changed RE rez , but you shouldn’t have to worry about that.

KissAssist is a good starting point. Learning the KA ini system will let you customize for any toon/lvl as you work your way up. The link from wymranar is gold, I lived on that page for months when I started.

There is also an active community of KA fans who are happy to help you trouble shoot or update a KA ini file. You can make a post in the KA forums (for ini's use the </> code button in the post editor.) Or stop by the discord server for quick questions.

IHC has great free warrior and enchanter macros. These are more "ready-made" options where you can configure them a little, but they pretty much come pre-setup. I'm not sure if IHC has a ready to go rogue yet, but Chat does sell a $20/yr plugin for rogues that is outstanding.

Last edited:
Discussion - Noobie build for 3 Toon Box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back