• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Noob trying to get to level 2 so I can download the launcher lol (1 Viewer)

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ addict!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

you would need to be level 2 by signing up > HERE <

you can even have a lvl 2 subscription with redcents

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Welcome

There certainly is a lot of info here! Thanks for the Welcome!

Sweet!! I'm up to 20 cents!!! Now to drown myself in RedCents info!!:dance:

welcome! great bunch of folks here. i came into this completely blind as to how it works (still not perfect at it) but if i can suggest one thing is to watch the introductory videos in full and go step by step with them ... they make configuring and learning the basics relaxing and fun and by the end of it you'll have a group setup and ready to go

Lots of stuff to learn!! I like the MQ2melee plugin! I have a small army so far, I'm sure it will grow as I learn from all of you! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!😉

Lots of stuff to learn!! I like the MQ2melee plugin! I have a small army so far, I'm sure it will grow as I learn from all of you! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!😉

Don’t forget to check out Kissassist, RGMercs, CWTN Plugins. All are great at helping automate (not AFK) management of your teams - ie spell or ability use, crowd control, buffing, etc.

Have fun. Happy grouping.

I just started playing around with RGMercs last night. Wow!!! Now looking for a decent UI that works well with all these options LOL

I just started playing around with RGMercs last night. Wow!!! Now looking for a decent UI that works well with all these options LOL

From what I can tell, UI’s seem to be a matter of personal preference. Sic posted a version of Zilz’s (sp) UI that he and Karen modified. I tried it; I liked it; I am sticking with it. I only have a single 27” monitor setup so I tend to favor a more minimalist UI.

There is a thread or two here on RG that talk about UI’s or just check out EQ Interface. The choices are endless. :)

Be well. Happy hunting.

41?!? Wow!! I'm fumbling around with just 4!! They don't call it Evercrack for no reason LOL Back to UI hunting, I thought the PEQ Rof I'm playing on said only like 6 UI's were available to use but now I have another one to try! Go me!!

From what I can tell, UI’s seem to be a matter of personal preference. Sic posted a version of Zilz’s (sp) UI that he and Karen modified. I tried it; I liked it; I am sticking with it. I only have a single 27” monitor setup so I tend to favor a more minimalist UI.

There is a thread or two here on RG that talk about UI’s or just check out EQ Interface. The choices are endless. :)

Be well. Happy hunting.
Thanks for the tip! Seems like I have been spending more time learning about macros and ini files than actually playing. I also have only 1 monitor, same size. Being an old gurl, I wish I could make the text in the game easier to read. I'm sure there is a way LOL Update...I can't find the search button on EQInterface. LOL

Last edited:
41 is a low number for some of us lol. /chatfontsize 5 😀
No, from my POV 4 is low lmao Thanks for the font tip!
Now if I can get other UI's to work. Only 1 does and I did everything the same but still no joy!! I have like 4 copies of EQ on the desktop and I have the same prob. LOL I am so determined to sort that out. Meanwhile, my peeps on the PEQ server are waiting for me to get at least lvl 70. The patience they have with me!
Thanks again!

I have been learning so much from this site!
I am dangerous now that I know enough to totally crash 1 Toon! I am getting errors that my current UI, the only one that loads up out of the 7 I have tried. The only one that loads up is TegweyenUI. I'm glad I like it LOL Baby steps here 🤣

I have been learning so much from this site!
I am dangerous now that I know enough to totally crash 1 Toon! I am getting errors that my current UI, the only one that loads up out of the 7 I have tried. The only one that loads up is TegweyenUI. I'm glad I like it LOL Baby steps here 🤣
eq has been making frequent changes to the default ui, which often requires updates to any custom uis

Whew!! Seems the UI's for ROF2 work great! Onto creating 2 more accounts!!

2 hours later...still at 4 accounts, 5th won't let me login LOL Pretty UI's tho LOL

Happy Wonder Woman GIF

Last edited:
Back to the proverbial chalkboard. I have managed to tinker with ini files, and now nothing works. No plugins anymore. Tempted to just reformat at this point...
Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

2 hours later...
Figured it on my own. Reinstalled MQ2 and RG launcher. Now on to setting up some hot buttons!! I saw a nice one around here that lets your group go thru doors. One button at a time!
Relief Im So Relieved GIF

On to finding out how to make a group of my tiny toons to practice 3 boxing. Can just about manage 2 without dying now LOL Thinking about a nec and an sk and a clr?
Wondering Question Mark GIF by xponentialdesign

How much of a donation do I need to pay to get the top button to say something other than make a donation? Can I use my 560 red cents??

How much of a donation do I need to pay to get the top button to say something other than make a donation? Can I use my 560 red cents??
what are you talking about?

do you have a alert banner that has an "x" button to close it saying "i've seen this notification and i don't want it any longer" --- if so, press it

what are you talking about?

do you have a alert banner that has an "x" button to close it saying "i've seen this notification and i don't want it any longer" --- if so, press it
Nope. More like I see youtube vids showing the top option is something other than Donate here. I have everything updated but my PP wont let me make a donation to open the top button. Sry Sic, I am just a noob. I like to read anyway so I have been reading for a week now and not playing. No alert banners, just a donate button. I just figured u had to donate in order for the whole program to work? I'm sure I missed something. I have special powers tho! I have Lvl 2 access!!!

Nope. More like I see youtube vids showing the top option is something other than Donate here. I have everything updated but my PP wont let me make a donation to open the top button. Sry Sic, I am just a noob. I like to read anyway so I have been reading for a week now and not playing. No alert banners, just a donate button. I just figured u had to donate in order for the whole program to work? I'm sure I missed something. I have special powers tho! I have Lvl 2 access!!!
yup you're lvl 2, just hit those new user vids i shared and you'll be slayin in no time

I have seen a lot of them! They really help to figure things out. Very well presented. I am fortunate to be in such a helping community.

On to finding out how to make a group of my tiny toons to practice 3 boxing. Can just about manage 2 without dying now LOL Thinking about a nec and an sk and a clr?
Wondering Question Mark GIF by xponentialdesign

The Holy Trinity is still strong in EQ.

1) Tank
2) Crowd Control
3) Healing

Depending upon your computer set-up, you should be able to easily put together a full team of 6, if you so desire. The tools here at Red Guides make managing a full team a breeze. A generic group template is typically:

1) Tank
2) Crowd Control
3)Healer
4) DPS
5) DPS
6) Utility

Which class you choose to use in each role is up to the player and the player's personal tastes.

Be well. Happy theory crafting

The Holy Trinity is still strong in EQ.

1) Tank
2) Crowd Control
3) Healing

Depending upon your computer set-up, you should be able to easily put together a full team of 6, if you so desire. The tools here at Red Guides make managing a full team a breeze. A generic group template is typically:

1) Tank
2) Crowd Control
3)Healer
4) DPS
5) DPS
6) Utility

Which class you choose to use in each role is up to the player and the player's personal tastes.

Be well. Happy theory crafting
Thanks! I now have a nice personal plan! Gonna go KEEL!!!

Hi, I'm new to boxing but already have 4 accounts but no decent launcher so here I am lol:)
Welcome welcome! I was a member here a while ago and recently got the itch to jump back into EQ, so here I am again. Subbed for a year and looking for krono for my accounts :) You won't be disappointed by the community and help here!

IRL - Noob trying to get to level 2 so I can download the launcher lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back