• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Non Prestige advice? (1 Viewer)

wakeup

RedCents
502¢
I've hit 110+ and gotten the autogrant AA's on the accounts I'm dropping to silver for a while. They're mostly wearing a mix of prestige and non prestigear. I'm wondering if anyone has a link or knowledge outlining my best options for lvl 110, 115 and 120 as I lvl them up. All accounts are mostly wearing EOK T2 selrachs.

Are there any non prestige gear guides or threads?

Also, can you help me figure out which accounts need to be kept gold and which to drop to silver? I can pay for 6 accounts if needed but im wondering if i can get by with just one or am I going to be at a serious disadvantage?

SK/WAR - I know tank needs to be gold
CLR - ? not sure, takes hits sometimes
ENC - ? not sure takes hits sometimes
BST - ? not sure because it's melee
NEC - silver
MAG -silver

As usual, Sic always knows the answers...

SK - Gold, without a question.

I am not too familiar with how much difference the pet ears make. I don't parse things out, but since I keep all my toons gold (mostly), I have the pet ears and don't worry too much about it. I would also purchase the Rk. II spell upgrade with DBG cash on those going silver. Not sure how many Rk. II spells you have, but my toons are maxed at every spell 90 and above so it is definitely worth it to me.

Make sure to max all your AA before dropping down to Silver IMHO.

Non-Prestige gear: https://www.raidloot.com/items

Just choose to exclude Prestige.

For armor, Conflag, Snowbound and Snowsquall are your best bets, but I would not tackle SnowSquall until you have fully upgraded.

Last edited:
If you have the time and resources swap out the Necromancer for a Bard. Bards just fair way better than necromancers do as F2P and it would boost your groups DPS considerably as F2P.

CLR - no
ENC - no and insanely good as F2P
BST - With a Bard you'll get by as F2P
NEC - Remove and add Bard?
MAG -With a Bard you'll get by as F2P

I've hit 110+ and gotten the autogrant AA's on the accounts I'm dropping to silver for a while. They're mostly wearing a mix of prestige and non prestigear. I'm wondering if anyone has a link or knowledge outlining my best options for lvl 110, 115 and 120 as I lvl them up. All accounts are mostly wearing EOK T2 selrachs.

Are there any non prestige gear guides or threads?

Also, can you help me figure out which accounts need to be kept gold and which to drop to silver? I can pay for 6 accounts if needed but im wondering if i can get by with just one or am I going to be at a serious disadvantage?

SK/WAR - I know tank needs to be gold
CLR - ? not sure, takes hits sometimes
ENC - ? not sure takes hits sometimes
BST - ? not sure because it's melee
NEC - silver
MAG -silver
You can get by with gold tank and alternating gold on other characters to keep someone else grinding out AA as finances allow. That's how I manage EQ not taking a bazillion dollars playing multiple groups. You'll notice your dps drop off for sure without augs and higher-end gear. Caster dps drop off is less noticeable as casters are less gear-reliant. I am tempted to drop my melee for casters.

After I have AA grinding done, I'll leave my non tanks unsubscribed.

Each xpac has t1 non-prestige gear you can aim for gearing everyone in. 110 can use the t1 ToV gear. 115 can use t1 ToL gear. You'd need someone to run to the xpac you don't have to pick up the ore, if applicable (e.g. current F2P can get into T1 TOV, but need someone to buy the ore and need to obtain the containers from /baz or friends).

Last edited:
Well I six box and all but 1 account is running silver and like a previous poster posted I did rotate a krono from account to account as needed so that all 6 accounts are maxed xp. I should also mention I do own all the expansions on those 6 accounts, but yeah the last few expansions have had t1 gear being non-prestige wich has been really nice. my silver accounts are WAR/CLR/NEC/MAG/ENC, gold is my main and a DRU. And we are handling ToL content with out a problem. now for augs your going to pretty much have to settle for TBM as as far as I know that was the last expansion to have non-prestige augmentations. except for some ot zones. and the augments are not pretty but will help for sure. as being silver my tank has an ac of 9132AC and roughly 450khp depending on buffs. and tanks like a champ. so really which accounts you keep gold and or silver are really up to you, but just remember you will be paying a visit to TBM for all the augments you will neeed for sure.

Tank 100% need. other than that, do 1 dps toon at a time, max out its aas. once u have 1 maxxed it wont be too bad. but it will drag until u do get a max aa dps. Slow and easy and enjoy it. make sure u do the earlier expac progressions for the heroic stats, they will really help in the long run if u don't go gold.

best of luck:)

I always refer to this guide even though its a little dated. It helps a lot when going thru levels to see where your next whatever is coming from

Every true Mandalorian knows...you only sub the character that gets hit in heavy armor...everyone else get a krono pop once to max aa's once you max lvl's.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Gold Tank, Gold main if not your tank, have a bard.... I can't believe I went so long knowing so little about bards, I love my bard, I don't want to live without my bard, don't take my bard away!
Nah...bard is also non-prestige...so you can make a second tank...with a second non-prestige bard...imagine the possibilities then :)
- Speaking of which ya'll better be camping blood of chottal for the bard Darkened Breath of Harmony...limited time event

Appreciate everyone so far.

I got most of them suited with faded snowbound now in case I need to drop to silver.

I'm pretty sure I got rank 2 spells for a lot of the characters a long time ago, so I need to double check that.

I found a stickied tank Lazy AC augment guide maskoi posted years ago. So I'm working on some of the best Augs from that. But it looks like it hasn't been updated since RoS.

I'll end up going after tbm non prestige Augs later.

I need to figure out what I'm doing with pet earrings. I think there's some non prestige version.

I might replace the necro at some point but I'm going to ride to 120 with it until I decide to replace or not. I have a 111 bard on the enchanter account so I might just swap it there. I don't see the need/advantage for both bard and enchanter though. Am I missing something? Or is it going to be lighter on dps with brd/enc?

Appreciate everyone so far.

I got most of them suited with faded snowbound now in case I need to drop to silver.

I'm pretty sure I got rank 2 spells for a lot of the characters a long time ago, so I need to double check that.

I found a stickied tank Lazy AC augment guide maskoi posted years ago. So I'm working on some of the best Augs from that. But it looks like it hasn't been updated since RoS.

I'll end up going after tbm non prestige Augs later.

I need to figure out what I'm doing with pet earrings. I think there's some non prestige version.

I might replace the necro at some point but I'm going to ride to 120 with it until I decide to replace or not. I have a 111 bard on the enchanter account so I might just swap it there. I don't see the need/advantage for both bard and enchanter though. Am I missing something? Or is it going to be lighter on dps with brd/enc?
Shivery Earring of Summoning if you're staying at 110 it's from ToV from the dorf named on top of left hill next to Thurgadin waterfall

I can only see the "spell rank cap increase" 750 in marketplace on my free accounts. I don't think you can buy it when you are All Access. I remember there being a problem with that and the AA increaser that All Access accounts were buying them thinking it would give them the Rank II of the spells or give them more AA so they altered it so it can only be seen/purchased by character who can use it.

So bottom line you would need to buy that as F2P/Silver to use Rank II after you go back

From what I've read, the TBM augs sold by Wilcher Rifunuse require you to modify faction by killing mobs in Plane of Fear: Revisted or Plane of Hate: Revisted.

Any strategies for modifying this faction fairly quickly? One of the things I've always hated (actually loathed is a better work) about EQ was having to having to farm faction in order to play the game ....

From what I've read, the TBM augs sold by Wilcher Rifunuse require you to modify faction by killing mobs in Plane of Fear: Revisted or Plane of Hate: Revisted.

Any strategies for modifying this faction fairly quickly? One of the things I've always hated (actually loathed is a better work) about EQ was having to having to farm faction in order to play the game ....

No faction, just the "Into the Temple" questline as mentioned above. It starts here ... https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8049 Then you do Part B to get access to the vendor. The currency can be converted into coin and is tradable so you can pull some from another toon if you have any or ask around.

No faction, just the "Into the Temple" questline as mentioned above. It starts here ... https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=8049 Then you do Part B to get access to the vendor. The currency can be converted into coin and is tradable so you can pull some from another toon if you have any or ask around.
I have completed all the part a and part b - many times over on many characters and none can purchase off Wilcher.

Yes, the normal A and B stuff unlocks the non-raid vendor by the zone in Montelio I think his name is.

But Wilcher is unlocked from doing the raids

So one would have to do the Hate and Fear revisited which are not worth it in my opinion. There are easier augs to get

Last edited:
I have completed all the part a and part b - many times over on many characters and none can purchase off Wilcher.

Yes, the normal A and B stuff unlocks the non-raid vendor by the zone in Montelio I think his name is.

But Wilcher is unlocked from doing the raids

So one would have to do the Hate and Fear revisited which are not worth it in my opinion. There are easier augs to get

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about the regular non-raid type 5s like https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=147204 and didn't pay attention to the vendor name.

As usual, Sic always knows the answers...
Make sure to max all your AA before dropping down to Silver IMHO.
Is recieved AA staying while non GOLD?
...I think not. Only part(very small part, like 250/40000) Correrect if I am wrong.
Also, I am back from long break, and now I could use info about non prestige 115-120 lvl items, that I can obtain... I know there is some, but names of those are hard to get... or google is not helping much. I would love to have some advise :)

Also, I am back from long break, and now I could use info about non prestige 115-120 lvl items, that I can obtain... I know there is some, but names of those are hard to get... or google is not helping much. I would love to have some advise :)
https://www.raidloot.com/items and uncheck "prestige"

Conflag, Snowbound and Snowsquall armor
Each xpac has t1 non-prestige gear so try that as a google ie tov armor or cov armor

just have to chime in here i'm sure people have seen me say this before, but there are no prestige/non-prestige rules on test server, a simple /testcopy on each of the toons u wanna play and voila no more subs permanent gold status and permanent exp bonus ... i'm biased as i love test but i cant quite figure out aside from making krono why more people don't play on test. the only downside to test can be the downtime. imo the pros far outweigh the con.

just some food for thought

basically T1 gear from all levels is ok for FTP, augs are a different matter, the best type 7,8 you can get are from broken mirror expac and the tradeskill aug (although you may need gold membership to get some of the tasks to obtain it).
Type 5's again are probably from broken mirror expac.

basically T1 gear from all levels is ok for FTP, augs are a different matter, the best type 7,8 you can get are from broken mirror expac and the tradeskill aug (although you may need gold membership to get some of the tasks to obtain it).
Type 5's again are probably from broken mirror expac.
As stated here. TBM is going to be your go to place for most your 5,7 augments. Also do not forget Jann's Veil is F2P usabe also. also some hot zones will also have ac augments unique to them as well to use. and you can also use Overseer to buy type 5's but bear in mind that they are lower lvl then the TBM ones.

Question - Non Prestige advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back