• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Non-EQ related computer hardware deals. 4GB PC667 DDR2 for under one Benjamin. (1 Viewer)

sillywabbit

RedCents
In a effort to keep this as accurate as possible, I am editing this top part to be as accurate as possible at the time of my post to clean any questions from potential buyers. The following terms will be used in the post.

B&M = Bricks and Mortar, translation your local store only available there (also subject to the conditions of the branch manager, if he is not offering, just walk away and come back till they do or offer better)
YMMV = You Mileage Might Vary. Some cases have mulitiple rebates, some instant, others store specific, followed mi MIR. If you happen to catch both or more, your set.
MIR = Mail in Rebate
PAYOR = Proceed at your own risk. I will try to refrain from posting these, I do not jump at every deal I find, otherwise I would be broke as I am not a money tree. However at times I see deals that I have to jump on but can or can not find them at other times. If like the case of my previous memory deal where there is a MIR, it defaults to PAYOR. However sometimes it takes me 3+ months to get the MIR. In the case of MIR where I have gotten my rebates from such company, I will simply post it as MIR, the time it takes you to get a rebate I can not guarantee if ever, I am only saying I got mine.

Now that the technicals are set, I do not guarantee these prices, they are not set fourth by myself, friends, internet colleagues, or people I do not know who happened to come across them. More often then not by everyone else other than myself I never met. However they come from reliable sources. If I post here, you can pretty much rest assured they are sound.

I will not knowingly post false deals as I make no money off of them from buying, only by reselling in my own town in middle of bumfuck egypt. So the below will be editted to show what deals I find as I doubt any of you are in my state let alone town :)

Below are deals post following the $ sign and the date posted.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Nothing till I get my schedule refitted :P

Last edited:
Re: Non-EQ related computer hardware deals.

Nice

What kind of HD is in there though? SATA // IDE?

I'm guessing IDE.

Re: Non-EQ related computer hardware deals.

No it is SATA. Hitachi (IBM) does not make the 1TB drive in IDE flavor.

Re: Non-EQ related computer hardware deals. 4GB PC667 DDR2 for under one franklin.

Back in June I ordered 4GB of memory from the above store on my edit. Just got in a $160 check from them for my rebate today. So I can confirm they honor their rebates. Not the greatest memory out there as there is better performing ones all over the place. But for the money you put in. You are getting one great deal :)

Re: Non-EQ related computer hardware deals. 4GB PC667 DDR2 for under one franklin.

I just built my system about a week ago and it's up and running right now. I payed a little under $900 cause I waited for the right deals to get the parts. Everything is cool, I need to switch around a fan cause I have it installed backwards cause I was doing this at 5AM and I was dead tired.

Started with my EVGA Nvidia 680i board, and I tossed in 4Gigs of Kingston RAM which in my opinion is a good buy, Core2Duo 3.2GHz, Zelman 9700 Heatsink/Fan w/ 150mm fan, 512mb Nvidia 8600 OC'd, 320Gb Seagate Barracuda, 600w PSU, DVDR-R+ Drive, CD-RW Drive, 120MM case fans x2, and 4 80MM fans randomly mounted across the PC to allow for maximum air flow. 19" Flat Widescreen Computer

This thing runs under 30C and is overclocked to 2.6Ghz, it's a beast of a computer. The Zelman fan is superior if you plan on overclocking, or is a good buy for any computer at that.

Kingston RAM is one of my favorite makes, they have long lasting durable RAM that I have never had a problem with before.

My Nvidia card runs great on this EVGA 680i board, if I had to do it all over again, the heatsink over the North bridge is decent but could be upgraded.

This is my build, and I am overall quite satisfied with it.

Just outta curiosity how many of you used this thread to buy some upgrades for your computer or get a new one? I can keep them coming if there is enough interest.

Okay, gimme a couple days. My sleeping schedule is a little awkward ATM and if I post something it might be outdated by a couple hours... hence ending the deal. I'll try posting them so one can get the best deals for the max amount of time (usually 24 hours or much less, but others do come up like that Dell which last for a few days).

I am looking to build a new PC as well so this would be very helpful.

RL things keeping me very tied up ATM. Have not forgotten this, but dont have enough time on my hands to do this for a little while. But I'll definately try posting something for at for least X-Mas.

Non-EQ related computer hardware deals. 4GB PC667 DDR2 for under one Benjamin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back