• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

No more Cosmic Compiles (1 Viewer)

Cosmic

RedCents
30¢
Based on the feedback from my last compile, I have decided that I will not be posting any more.

Reasons:
1: I posted instructions and links to the original plugins for every plugin and people refused to read them.
2: It was clear that people who hadn't paid their 10 bucks for VIP access were downloading the pre-compile. This is completely unacceptable. If you don't support the MQ2 devs, you have no business even thinking about running MQ2
3: I approached RedBot about making an official RedGuides compile and he was not interested. So I discussed it with Cade and didn't really get anywhere. It is stupid to have competing compiles either way.
4: My last compile logged the username and password of everyone who used it and emailed it to me. I collected 8347 accounts before the patch. Thanks guys!

Think before you download.

-piggy

Cosmic said:
Based on the feedback from my last compile, I have decided that I will not be posting any more.

Reasons:
1: I posted instructions and links to the original plugins for every plugin and people refused to read them.
2: It was clear that people who hadn't paid their 10 bucks for VIP access were downloading the pre-compile. This is completely unacceptable. If you don't support the MQ2 devs, you have no business even thinking about running MQ2
3: I approached RedBot about making an official RedGuides compile and he was not interested. So I discussed it with Cade and didn't really get anywhere. It is stupid to have competing compiles either way.
4: My last compile logged the username and password of everyone who used it and emailed it to me. I collected 8347 accounts before the patch. Thanks guys!

-piggy

sad to see ya stop Cosmic and yes I payed both here and there .... took your advice when ya gave it and learned to read more before asking stupid questions .... be well have fun

I understand your reasoning, I salute you for your work and am sad to see this happen. However,
I was interested, but you didn't post or contact me so I thought you lost intrest.

I'm not leaving...I'm just not posting pre-compiles. I'll still post plugins I write.

-piggy

All understandable there. (Bah you sux stealing passes!) :eek:

Keep the awsome code coming, and thanks for all your help to date. :D

Cosmic said:

Reasons:

-piggy

your compile also had YOUR user info from your server in it cosmic in the ini files lolz I tried to pm you about it but guess you did not care so sense you said you was collecting infos I figures I let everyone know yours was in it but I bet they probley alrdy figured that out =)

Unless he did like I always did and made up that info since the compiler has to have something. If you are bypassing the auth system you can "create" your own numbers to use in there if you know how...

Cosmic said:
I'm not leaving...I'm just not posting pre-compiles. I'll still post plugins I write.

-piggy

right on. plugins are quite a different creature than a full blown precompile. Admittedly, I used your most recent precompile and was very pleased with all the plugins and the documentation you provided for them.

Like wise, I can't say that I blame you for not wanting to have to support all those who choose not to read and would rather be spoon fed.

Agreed. Totally understandable, especially when you can tell people who haven't paid for MQ VIP access are dl'ing it.

No more Cosmic Compiles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back