• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Newcomer to RG, yet uncertain what to use... (1 Viewer)

Dorambo

RedCents
316¢
So, I plan to play test, box MAYBE a full group, never been a fan of mercs. My question is I learned about the CWTN plugins, and that sounds amazing, but I do not want to purchase those yet. Is it $20/per character?

I don't mind updating .inis. Is Kissassist the one I should use? I have experience with MQ2 from emu servers. Are there any other plugins that are better than KA that I should be aware about? I'm used to E3 as well. I know that is only working on the RoF2 client.

I've been watching the videos for a refresher, and they are awesome.

Thanks all!

If you play on test, the plugins are free to use, but you are at the mercy of the test gods, and so the test server sometimes patches and it takes a day or two for mq to catch up.

Also be sure to acknowledge that macroquest and other similar third party tools are against the DPG ToS.

https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/maui-muleassist-ui.2207/ the maui user interface on this is really nice and simple to use even has the raw ini data you can change on the fly if you need keeps it all nice and simple in one place i really enjoy using it for all my toons. makes it much easier than exiting the game and changing the ini files one at a time it can all be done in the game instead! :) hope this helps

So, I plan to play test, box MAYBE a full group, never been a fan of mercs. My question is I learned about the CWTN plugins, and that sounds amazing, but I do not want to purchase those yet. Is it $20/per character?

I don't mind updating .inis. Is Kissassist the one I should use? I have experience with MQ2 from emu servers. Are there any other plugins that are better than KA that I should be aware about? I'm used to E3 as well. I know that is only working on the RoF2 client.

I've been watching the videos for a refresher, and they are awesome.

Thanks all!

KissAssist was what I remember being the first all in one type macro available on RedGuides. It's not the case anymore which is fantastic.
KA is free to use with Level 2 access. You will need to update .ini files semi regularly, or pull from the .ini library of use submitted files. It's usually pretty good, but sometimes the .ini files you find are meant for specific group make ups or situations.

CWTN plugins are amazing, I can't speak highly enough about them. Most issues you may encounter are minor, easily fixed, and typically associated with groups buffing and certain things not stacking. They are pay to use, but they are $20 for a year for each plugin. This means as many of class you want to run you are able. Got MQ2Bst? You can run 6 of them in a group together if you'd like with that single purchase. Alternatively make some characters on Test and play with them there freely, or maybe just to try out some group comps before deciding what you might want to buy for a Live server group.

I've recently started using RGMercs. It is an all in one macro similar to KA. I am not sure how it originated but it has been a pleasure to use regardless. I was feeling kind of lazy and didn't want to make .inis for my newest group. There were no CWTN plugins for the classes I was running either. So I saw RGMercs advertised as a ready to use macro for any class and any level. It works right out of the box pretty amazingly. There are some commands you'll need to learn and use rather frequently depending on location, like pull radius or camp/assist radius. All in all it's a great option.

There are other options too that I am not familiar enough to speak on such as MuleAssist, Modbot, and XGen.

Question - Newcomer to RG, yet uncertain what to use...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back