• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Toast - Newbie to Mq2 and Redguides joining the ranks! (1 Viewer)

Triforce

RedCents
30¢
Just wanted to say hello and thank you for all the work put into this site helping boxers beginners and advanced. I just signed up a day or 2 ago. After watching the intro setup videos on this site ive comfortably setup my 6 box group, I love the features of Kissassist and your Vanilla Mq2. Im running a SK/Shaman/Necro/Mage/Enchanter/Cleric group. I had a question as well, with that group setup what raids can I do with that/a 6 person group Classic to Current? Also is it always advised to Main the Tank in the group when 6 boxing as I was thinking of Maining the Enchanter as they take alot more focus.
Thanks again!

Triforce ;)

Last edited:
You can play whichever toon you'd like too. KA does a fine job of filling out the group.

Playing the Tank has a lot of advantages as you can pause KA (/mqp) and manually grab a target if you need to switch. Puller or pullertank played manually is another favorite as you can do splits, FD/Lull or target selection better. KA plays a great enchanter mezzer, but if you want to add in charm or manually pull then you can add a lot by playing your enchanter.

Just invent a new class and piss the macro writers off. They don’t get enough shade. Look at Maskoi. On second thought, don’t. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Decided to run SK/Bard/BST/Berserker/Berserker/Cleric anyone else running this group? I heard it was popular.

Run the same as my main group. Super strong and able to take down all group content. 3xZerk is also great, but I like having the BST for backup pet tank, backup heals, sham-style melee buffs and in-combat endurance regen.

Once you're all leveled up, I'd suggest PL'n a wiz/druid for port access. I have one that can campfire in or "secondary recall" gate to the Melee group's bind point. Then either do a standard port or use wiz's Teleport-group-to-Bind to take the whole group (campfire in the missing toon) to a T1 zone campspot in most expansions.

I've run that group makeup before, it works great but the only shortcoming is a lack of porter. Get those PoK port clickies asap!

You can play whichever toon you'd like too. KA does a fine job of filling out the group.

Playing the Tank has a lot of advantages as you can pause KA (/mqp) and manually grab a target if you need to switch. Puller or pullertank played manually is another favorite as you can do splits, FD/Lull or target selection better. KA plays a great enchanter mezzer, but if you want to add in charm or manually pull then you can add a lot by playing your enchanter.
It works so damn well, it feels like playing in a real group! It is how I have played the last few weeks, I play on my Necro and the group all do their job. I expected I would have to change at least once I start doing raids with more than one group, but I'm not even sure if that will be necessary.

I am late to the party but just wanted to say I run 3 zerkers, beast, cleric, sk and with the new mq2berzerker plugin things just melt (and melt FAST). I have a second group with 3 rogues, bard, cleric, warrior the rogues are still a work in process they are killers in there own right. I been using mq2rogue and they love killing sarnaks atm. I use kissassist on all the other charecters and bard and beastlord just love it. Cleric is great with KA I have never had an issue with him healing even when I pull aggressive. Bard is great CC for my warrior with his lack of secondary healing that the SK brings.

I guess where I am going with this is if you are going to run zerkers you may want to look into mq2berzerker, its just an insanely powerful plugin that is a simple plug and play with no set up required.

I am also fairly new and been playing with a few different comps. First went war, brd, rog, zerk, clr, druid. (they are lvl52) My second group im playing with now is sk, clr, wiz, chanter, mage, bstlord (lvl33 group). The caster group just melts things compared to my melee group. Can I expect the casters to keep melting things?

I am also fairly new and been playing with a few different comps. First went war, brd, rog, zerk, clr, druid. (they are lvl52) My second group im playing with now is sk, clr, wiz, chanter, mage, bstlord (lvl33 group). The caster group just melts things compared to my melee group. Can I expect the casters to keep melting things?

Swap the Druid out of your melee group and add another seeker or even the beastlord from your caster group. That’ll add a lot of dps right there, probably.

Toast - Newbie to Mq2 and Redguides joining the ranks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back