• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Newbie Question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,040¢
So I am tempted to come back to eq and try out VV to multibox. I have played off and on since release back in the 90s and given my age I am getting worse at it :). Hence why I am looking at VV. My question is before I jump off and start.... Assuming that my group is going to have the holy trinity of warrior/cleric/chanter (with me most likely maining chanter since not sure if kissassist can handle that well or not), is there a true benefit to 6 boxing vs 3 boxing and using mercenaries for war/cleric/and dps? I already have 3 accounts since I had previously done a 3 box getup using 3 separate computers years ago and am not anxious to have to keep track of 3 more accounts :) Does the KA fighting logic excel vs merc?

Thanks for the help!

Kiss does a very good job with mezzing/cc. If you have it properly setup it'll do that AND debuff AND do some dps.

So I am tempted to come back to eq and try out VV to multibox. I have played off and on since release back in the 90s and given my age I am getting worse at it :). Hence why I am looking at VV. My question is before I jump off and start.... Assuming that my group is going to have the holy trinity of warrior/cleric/chanter (with me most likely maining chanter since not sure if kissassist can handle that well or not), is there a true benefit to 6 boxing vs 3 boxing and using mercenaries for war/cleric/and dps? I already have 3 accounts since I had previously done a 3 box getup using 3 separate computers years ago and am not anxious to have to keep track of 3 more accounts :) Does the KA fighting logic excel vs merc?

Thanks for the help!
hell yeah! welcome back Qaldyari

Be sure to check out the official RedGuides Vids and I have a video snippet in my signature I made to help another newer member

ok so pretty much best thing for me would be grabbing 3 more accounts and then just main boxing any of the characters I want since KA seems to handle all the main tasks right? If so I will have to try out VV this weekend.

ok so pretty much best thing for me would be grabbing 3 more accounts and then just main boxing any of the characters I want since KA seems to handle all the main tasks right? If so I will have to try out VV this weekend.
VV scales really well depending on your goals.

I always recommend a real tank, a real heal (pref cleric or shammy) and a real CC --- with caster deeps if using chanter and melee/meleeish for bard.

Don't feel pressured to go crazy first time using VV, there's a bit of a learning curve, but it certainly gets easier as you go.

Like others have said, kiss handles enchanters really really well, I think you're really gonna enjoy the return! I'm excited for you - let us know how we can help

@qaldyari

I gave you a 1 month free trial to get in and get your feet wet over the labor day 2x xp holiday weekend

Happy Hunting
Good call Darkie! <3 this community --- I should have a high playtime this weekend @qaldyari feel free to reach out directly if you need something either on Discord or here --- happy to help you get squared away.

Speaking of discord, we have a pretty active group of folks on discord always helping each other, feel free to hit us with *any* questions you might have --- most of the time you'll get instant answers

I think you're going to need a real tank (warrior or shadowknight are both good).

The limited experience I have using the merc tank has not been ideal. If you really plan on playing/doing challenging stuff for your level, it will be tough with a merc.

I think you're going to need a real tank (warrior or shadowknight are both good).

The limited experience I have using the merc tank has not been ideal. If you really plan on playing/doing challenging stuff for your level, it will be tough with a merc.
A+ info here

"real tank" is really important, a game changer --- having said that, depending on your goals, a pet tank or a merc tank can do alright --- pet tanks will last longer than merc tanks tho, those things are piles of poop!

paladins are viable too, warrior, sk, paladin are all viable --- people seem to like shadowknights more for their "playstyle" plus they have an awesome group toolkit, warriors for getting punched in the face, and paladins for some extra heals and to kill "evildoers"!

Question - Newbie Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back