• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Newbie looking to get into boxing (1 Viewer)

markariah

RedCents
31¢
Hello all,

Long time EQ player returning to the game after a 5+ year long break. Last time I returned to EQ I rolled up on FV and solo'd/molo'd my way to 100. That was a pretty painful but rewarding journey. I returned to mischief server and am having a absolute BLAST with the rule set. I have a lvl 86 mage after about one month and as I approach level cap I am considering starting up a box. Not sure exactly what would go with my Mage yet but I want to tinker with MQ first to see what exactly it is capable of.

Any tips on what would go with my baby mage would be appreciated! Also I never used any parsing or dps meter programs. What does everyone use nowadays in EQ?

Thank you for reading.

Markariah

Hello all,

Long time EQ player returning to the game after a 5+ year long break. Last time I returned to EQ I rolled up on FV and solo'd/molo'd my way to 100. That was a pretty painful but rewarding journey. I returned to mischief server and am having a absolute BLAST with the rule set. I have a lvl 86 mage after about one month and as I approach level cap I am considering starting up a box. Not sure exactly what would go with my Mage yet but I want to tinker with MQ first to see what exactly it is capable of.

Any tips on what would go with my baby mage would be appreciated! Thank you for reading.

Markariah

IIRC MQ will not function on Mischief. Just putting that out there first.

I would probably go with another pet caster like another mage or a necro for just a duo.

Link below for truebox. Mischief listed.

As Lisie said, necro could be fun or maybe even a beast. 2 pets is always more fun.

For the log parser, definitely use

There are a lot of options to combine your mage with.
You could take a shammy so you have slow and patch heals, as well as another pet and dots, the shammy can have a wiz merc or another healer merc.
You could also use chanter for slow and have the mez as well as mana regen buffs (and charm, illusions,....).
Another idea would be a druid for patch heals and caster dps, as well as for the port-spells.
Not sure if pet tanking works well in combination with melee-classes, but if it does, that opens a lot of other possibilities (rogue for the dps and sos, or a tank, or bst for slow, paragon and dps,....)

It all depends on your play-style and each combination will require a different kind of involvement (e.g. rogues require better positioning than bst for maximum efficiency).
Don't know if your server returns your heroic token if you remove a character, but if it does, you could try a few classes before making your final choice.

Link below for truebox. Mischief listed.

As Lisie said, necro could be fun or maybe even a beast. 2 pets is always more fun.

For the log parser, definitely use

I will check out EQLogParser. Thank you!

When I was raising my magician so many years ago - I didn't use mq2 then. I found a ranger to be a great addition. it's basically autofire greatness. Mage pet takes care of keeping aggro no problem and I just used merc healer and merc dps as needed. I imagine it would be even better now with mq2 and the class plug ins

I did similar to you. Came back after a long while, did hunter's on my old druid whilst I worked but then the urge to venture out and kill stuff started to take over.

I dusted off my other two accounts, so I had druid/war, rogue and mage and thought I could handle the latest expansion - big mistake...

I realised that I needed more levels, AAs, gear etc. and that the mobs were extremely tough. I also discovered that the better gear / exp was by doing progression.

I hit my head against a brick wall constantly for about 3 months before joining here. Within just a few weeks, I was killing mobs with ease that killed me in a couple of rounds. I had learnt all sorts about the game and what can be done, and also discovered that I'd joined a community very much like my earliest guilds with people genuinely friendly and willing to help others out.

You've made the right step in joining, it will do wonders for your EQ life.

Enjoy!

IRL - Newbie looking to get into boxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back