• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Newbie - Automated Magician (1 Viewer)

Cmp433

RedCents
39¢
So I recently started playing EQ again. Ive always been curious about MQ but have 0 knowledge of it as a whole. I watched a few videos and figured itd be easier to ask directly. I'm curious if I can use MQ + a macro to run an automated Magician with 0 input. I need to farm faction of lowbie mobs and would love to avoid the grind. Is it capable to have the character send pet / buff / nuke / heal as needed? The mobs are grey but eventually do hurt the pet. Ive just been afking and letting the pet kill the few that spawn around it but would love to speed up the process by having it walk through the zone killing stuff. Same for my SK / Rogue eventually. Or is MQ purely for boxing? Sorry if its a dumb question just starting out!

So I recently started playing EQ again. Ive always been curious about MQ but have 0 knowledge of it as a whole. I watched a few videos and figured itd be easier to ask directly. I'm curious if I can use MQ + a macro to run an automated Magician with 0 input. I need to farm faction of lowbie mobs and would love to avoid the grind. Is it capable to have the character send pet / buff / nuke / heal as needed? The mobs are grey but eventually do hurt the pet. Ive just been afking and letting the pet kill the few that spawn around it but would love to speed up the process by having it walk through the zone killing stuff. Same for my SK / Rogue eventually. Or is MQ purely for boxing? Sorry if its a dumb question just starting out!
many folks farm stuff with a single toon for various reasons - plat, tradeskill mats etc.

lots of automation types would allow you to do what you describe, like kissassist, rgmercs, xgen, entropy, muleassist, and cwtn class plugins

check out the vids below

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Yea don't afk and pet kill...someone will spot ya, report ya, and you'll get a 7 day vacay...try kissassist and read the wiki...great way to get started learning. There's free INI's in the lvl 2 resources > ini's section for most levels. RG mercs might be a good one too.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

uh yes to an_images point - afking is not supported and is strongly frowned upon. it is a matter of *when* not if you get busted. it is just not worth it

The zone is an instance. So I should be okay?
As evidenced by my 7-day vacay on restless assault last week...instances are not safe. I've also been GM visited before in instances of sathir's thomb. Again, only two data points but that's been my experience so far...i also go way out of my way to stay off everyone's radar...so instances not safe.

No place is really safe for afk farming. Unless you want to run your own EMU server. Even the popular EMUs that allow automation don't allow afk play and will ban offenders. There will always be somebody who says they do it all the time and never get caught, but like SIC said, it's not an "if" it's a "when."

Having said all that, for an out of the box experience with little to no ini file tweaking required, give RGMercs a try.

Question - Newbie - Automated Magician

Users who are viewing this thread

Back