• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Newb (1 Viewer)

RedCents
84¢
Hey folks, new to the MQ world, but really keen to have a go with it.

I typically box 5-6 toons with the usual lineup of tank/healer(s) and dps. I haven’t tried out any software helpers yet, but was curious about how customizable it is.

Is it fairly straightforward to set up spells/stuff and prioritize things? Just .txt files that you adjust?

Currently on TSS era running normal tlp stuff.

Thanks!

I typically box 5-6 toons with the usual lineup of tank/healer(s) and dps. I haven’t tried out any software helpers yet, but was curious about how customizable it is.

Is it fairly straightforward to set up spells/stuff and prioritize things? Just .txt files that you adjust?

Thanks!
Welcome to RG .. There are many different tools to help you box and most are very customizable and some already utilized for all situations. Kissassist does use a .ini file that is text with different commands it will run depending how you set it up, but there is a library that you can use from others in your era. CWTN is plug in play with some settings to adjust your needs, but you can have it go full tilt and play better than a lot of mains.

Welcome to RG .. There are many different tools to help you box and most are very customizable and some already utilized for all situations. Kissassist does use a .ini file that is text with different commands it will run depending how you set it up, but there is a library that you can use from others in your era. CWTN is plug in play with some settings to adjust your needs, but you can have it go full tilt and play better than a lot of mains.
Thanks! I’ll start digging in and read up about kissassist and CWTN.

Here are some stuff to get you started. Welcome to RG's, some of the best people you will ever meet, great community, take a look at the stuff below, and can always jump on the forums or the discord if you get lost.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Highly recommend the videos. Sic and company did an amazing job with them. u will get to see how things work and it shows ya how minimal versus how maximal ( ya, i know... not a word!) you can operate your toons using The stuff on this site.. U can basically control just about everything at the same time to working as little as 1 toon ( or less, but not recommended... what would be the point of playing if u weren't actually playing right ;). )

Basically this allows you to enjoy the game in a way that can be more designed for your specific type of pleasure. Enjoy the stuff you enjoy, automate the stuff that makes u want to punch yourself.

U can do so much once u get this worked out. Plug and plays for classes, Ini files you can alter to do what u want. Missions have been sorted out... they have TS stuff. inventory isnt the huge hassle it used to be if u go that route, so many wonderful things to enjoy outside of simply go kill and kill again. There are so many different things that you can try out on this site, U wont get bored.

Be the boss of your world.
All the best, good luck in your travels and gaming.

ZD

Highly recommend the videos. Sic and company did an amazing job with them. u will get to see how things work and it shows ya how minimal versus how maximal ( ya, i know... not a word!) you can operate your toons using The stuff on this site.. U can basically control just about everything at the same time to working as little as 1 toon ( or less, but not recommended... what would be the point of playing if u weren't actually playing right ;). )

Basically this allows you to enjoy the game in a way that can be more designed for your specific type of pleasure. Enjoy the stuff you enjoy, automate the stuff that makes u want to punch yourself.

U can do so much once u get this worked out. Plug and plays for classes, Ini files you can alter to do what u want. Missions have been sorted out... they have TS stuff. inventory isnt the huge hassle it used to be if u go that route, so many wonderful things to enjoy outside of simply go kill and kill again. There are so many different things that you can try out on this site, U wont get bored.

Be the boss of your world.
All the best, good luck in your travels and gaming.

ZD
Thanks ZD!

Spot on, enjoy the parts of the game you like and not the stuff you don’t.

I’m a huge fan of automation on repetitive tasks in general.

I’ll spin up the videos and get a feel for it, just looked through the kissassist wiki and it looks nice and user friendly.

Thanks again!

Thanks ZD!

Spot on, enjoy the parts of the game you like and not the stuff you don’t.

I’m a huge fan of automation on repetitive tasks in general.

I’ll spin up the videos and get a feel for it, just looked through the kissassist wiki and it looks nice and user friendly.

Thanks again!
Awesomesauce. Welcome to RG Wagga

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG! Looks like you already began the journey by looking at the intro videos and some already suggested KA and cwtn plugins. Here's some links that will hopefully provide you with some additional info/resources

For automation option, check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.). New as of Feb 2024, RG Mercs Lua Version

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options. It takes some time to get used to, so don't be surprised it if feels overwhelming at first.

Once you feel like your're getting the hang of it (or to get a more in depth idea of what this site can do), then check out the plugins, macros, and lua's available to complement your automation. Things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , Magellan and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

How do you get to see and experience all of this you ask? You need to be a level 2 member. To do that you have 2 options. First, you can subscribe (paid method) or second, you can use Red Cents. What the heck is a Red Cent you ask? Red Cents can you help with your subscription and it's the currency this site uses. Contribute helpful information (post here) and others will give you red cents and each red cent you give others returns one to you. check it out! Red Cents

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Thanks!
See for yourself I'm treating you to 3 months of level 2 access.

Wow. Have to say my Spidey sense tingled on this one. Maybe it was the use of keen in the OP post, but it sounded like a narc. 21 Jump Street anyone? Honestly, doesn't seem reasonable that anyone would be doing a 5-6 box before searching out something like MQ/RG.

Feeling bad for being so distrustful. Will probably throw a few RedCents your way to make me feel better. Don't let me down.

Wow. Have to say my Spidey sense tingled on this one. Maybe it was the use of keen in the OP post, but it sounded like a narc. 21 Jump Street anyone? Honestly, doesn't seem reasonable that anyone would be doing a 5-6 box before searching out something like MQ/RG.

Feeling bad for being so distrustful. Will probably throw a few RedCents your way to make me feel better. Don't let me down.
I manually boxed for years before mq, and only used isboxer for some of that.

Don't let the tinfoil squeeze too tight

Ha, no worries.

My group makeup in the 5 toon setup is sk/monk/clr/sham/bard.

So, 5 boxing I typically pull with the sk, use the monk for dps and bard just sings. The clr usually doesn’t need to do much at all and the sham does the bulk of healing.

It’s certainly not optimal though. I’d like to swap the cleric with another dps, add the 6th toon back in and have the bard do more than just sing.

Plus, it’s nice to just automate out the bits of the game you don’t find enjoyable.

Like I say, no stress on the narc thought, but that ain’t me ;)

Ha, no worries.

My group makeup in the 5 toon setup is sk/monk/clr/sham/bard.

So, 5 boxing I typically pull with the sk, use the monk for dps and bard just sings. The clr usually doesn’t need to do much at all and the sham does the bulk of healing.

It’s certainly not optimal though. I’d like to swap the cleric with another dps, add the 6th toon back in and have the bard do more than just sing.

Plus, it’s nice to just automate out the bits of the game you don’t find enjoyable.

Like I say, no stress on the narc thought, but that ain’t me ;)
Welcome to RG! (which is how I should have started yesterday). Reading my post again, it came out a lot less tongue in cheek than I intended. I just hadn't heard keen for so long it made me think of the show, and I pictured some DBG intern being forced to make some friends and get level 2 access. Rest assured, no tin foil hat here.

RG is awesome, and other than some a$$hat that has seen too many 80's TV shows the community is great.

IRL - Newb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back