• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New Year's Sale 2023 (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,134¢
The little pop up again is telling me:

Bonus rares and market place 20% discount.

And now I freeze up and forget all those things I wanted to buy when the sale came around!!!

A whole new Guild neighborhood and Palatial Hall???

Hero's Forge feature???

What are you buying? If you have any money left that is :)

Edit: hmm should this have been titled 2024?

Here is the official announcement

Last edited:
I plan to purchase my first Heroic 85 ever, thanks to the New Years sale.
If you purchase a Heroic Character and delete it, you can replace that character with another Heroic Character. This allows players to make one purchase, and try every class if they would like to!
If I make a Heroic Druid on FV, can I delete it and then create a Heroic Enchanter on Vaniki?
In other words, can you swap both class and server?
Yes, I checked about Heroics on TLP servers:
For level 85 heroic characters, your server will need to unlock the Call of the Forsaken expansion.
This means Vaniki qualifies.
I haven't done it yet, but i plan to buy it soon.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

I plan to purchase my first Heroic 85 ever, thanks to the New Years sale.
If you purchase a Heroic Character and delete it, you can replace that character with another Heroic Character. This allows players to make one purchase, and try every class if they would like to!
If I make a Heroic Druid on FV, can I delete it and then create a Heroic Enchanter on Vaniki?
In other words, can you swap both class and server?
Yes, I checked about Heroics on TLP servers:
For level 85 heroic characters, your server will need to unlock the Call of the Forsaken expansion.
This means Vaniki qualifies.
I haven't done it yet, but i plan to buy it soon.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Yes, if you delete it you can recreate on another server. Although you'll lose the intial platinum and bayle tokens(the ones that pay for merc upkeep instead of your platinum) - you can transfer these to the shared bank although that wouldn't apply in your case if moving one from FV to Vaniki.

if your not current on expansion do you get the tradeskill depot when you get the "current expansion" or will you still have to get the depot with Station cash? just wondering because it came free with expansion when it was released is what I read. Does anyone know?

if your not current on expansion do you get the tradeskill depot when you get the "current expansion" or will you still have to get the depot with Station cash? just wondering because it came free with expansion when it was released is what I read. Does anyone know?
You have to buy the expansion it comes with, it does not get free when a expansion unlocks.

another perk of heroic characters is if you make the toon on a live server you can /testcopy it and than delete it on the live server and rinse wash repeat . that is great IF you play on test i guess

great for making other dps classes on dps accts etc

Another perk on Heroic characters - even if you buy them on a F2P account you will still get all those AA to that level. It overrides the cap on those accounts.

I have heard it does not work well to mess with Heroic and Alternate Personalities.

Another perk on Heroic characters - even if you buy them on a F2P account you will still get all those AA to that level. It overrides the cap on those accounts.

I have heard it does not work well to mess with Heroic and Alternate Personalities.
I've got several lvl 100 heroic character boosts on personas and they've been well behaved. They switch appropriately and have all the AAs expected. What did you hear didn't work?

So far I've got:
- 125 bard (normal leveled)/116 enchanter (heroic),
- 125 necro (heroic)/120 wizard(heroic)
- 125 rog(heroic)/125 mage (heroic)

another perk of heroic characters is if you make the toon on a live server you can /testcopy it and than delete it on the live server and rinse wash repeat . that is great IF you play on test i guess

great for making other dps classes on dps accts etc
OMG, now i want to box test even more! I went to buy the 85 Heroic but i noticed i could afford the 100 with the double discount, so of course, I got the 100 and Vaniki will have to wait awhile. :)
Now the next question, which class will be the most helpful powerleveling all my little FTP accounts? I would guess SK or Druid. But maybe Redmonkey's answer just made that obsolete.

I've got several lvl 100 heroic character boosts on personas and they've been well behaved. They switch appropriately and have all the AAs expected. What did you hear didn't work?

So far I've got:
- 125 bard (normal leveled)/116 enchanter (heroic),
- 125 necro (heroic)/120 wizard(heroic)
- 125 rog(heroic)/125 mage (heroic)
This is what I have seen reported and none of this is from my personal experience:

if you use a heroic boost on a persona, you can't get that heroic toon back, like you can on a real alt by just deleting it. I hope the people using those heroics on personas understand that.
you can't delete personas. That's the point I was making...the only way to get a heroic back from a persona is to delete the whole character. If used on a persona, those heroic boosts become one time only...unless you're willing to delete your 125 toon you've spent the last 2 decades playing.

News - New Year's Sale 2023

Users who are viewing this thread

Back