• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - new to this ben boxing for a long but tabing over (1 Viewer)

LOBY

RedCents
15¢
new to this ben boxing for a long but tabing over most of the people i see useing this are afk PLing but a few dont and say i shoud try how has it ben working for some of you?

new to this ben boxing for a long but tabing over most of the people i see useing this are afk PLing but a few dont and say i shoud try how has it ben working for some of you?
we do not support or encourage afk. You'll find the majority of folks are using MQ2 and Redguide's Very Vanilla compile of MQ2 in a capacity that helps fill some of the deep gaps that eq has with boxing and quality of life features.

Afking can and will get you banned. DBG is hostile towards afking and "active hacks"

To echo what Sic already said - the folks that use tools like these for non-stop afk farm are generally the ones that make the rest of us look bad. I play whenever I am able and sometimes that comes at odd hours, rather than sit LFG or not find a group at all in the level range I am looking for I am able to provide support to whichever toon I am playing with these tools. But I am always driving one of them myself - generally the tank.

I use it to get through progression and to make things easier. Most of us don't want to risk losing our accounts but there are always going to be some that don't care. I try not to abuse it and try to avoid other groups as much as possible. Daybreak, Darkpaw, whatever they are calling themselves lately are not very understanding or forgiving. The abusers stand out more than the rest of us. But don't kid yourself into thinking it's accepted if you play nice. It's like speeding. Over do it or do it in the wrong area like a school zone "GD" and you are going to get a ticket. If you don't stand out you'll most likely be fine.

The most use I have of all of this is the possibility to have playtime whenever I want. With my own group I can sit down and play for 1 hour or more and not having to wait for a group to form or someone else having to run off. I can leave in a hurry or just leave the group for a while when RL calls. I can do any progression at any time and in my own speed. With kids, this is a godsend gift!

Age ago, my longest session was over 22 days XP h24. This is impossible now without been caugh by GM.

Some time (without using any "3rd" program), they have suspend me.
I was pling 5 alts & i was doing a 3-5 mins pull with a high level char.
For more than 2 time, a GM come where my alts was (AFK but not with the <AFK> tag), he speak in say and as i do not reply (in 22 secs), he suspended for 7 days the alts AND the puller.
I did not see his message because i was playing the puller.

They can suspend you too if you let 2 chars online with 1 cleric merc and 1 tank merc.

So i recommand you to play with the "assistance" of MQ2, but not to AFK play. It is probably possible to AFK play, you will take the risk to get a week of suspend, but not Bane.
Now, it is almost impossible to play Everquest without boxing yourself 3-6 chars.

IRL - new to this ben boxing for a long but tabing over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back