• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New to RG. (1 Viewer)

Koraf

RedCents
50¢
Hi everyone,

I'm new to RG and am an old school EQ player since the game launched. I took a few years break and I am back! I have 7 accounts as I have always multi-boxed. I have Bard, Shadow knight, Shaman, Enchanter, Druid, Ranger, Mage all around lvl 70. I switch the ranger and mage out as needed for the content I am facing. I have been looking into software assistance for multi-boxing for some time and have been running all six accounts on two screens in window mode. I'm pretty good at maintaining a decent amount of DPS but it can be difficult at times when you have more than three mobs...succor spell to the rescue!

Any suggestions on running this group? Feedback is always appreciated!

Looking forward to figuring things out and running some instances solo.

All the best!

WB! there is an almost unlimited tools here to help wuth boxing + stuff.

There is a *getting started with RedGuides* video and then about.. 10? or more expanded videos. I would watch the getting started one, tinker around with basic MQ *stuff*, and then go down the rabbit hole with all the other cool tools avail.

This is am amazing community, and very helpful. questions can be posed here on the forums, or in the RedGuides discord channel (link on the main page here).

Again, welcome back, and hold on.. its a hell of a ride. :hfive:

WB! there is an almost unlimited tools here to help wuth boxing + stuff.

There is a *getting started with RedGuides* video and then about.. 10? or more expanded videos. I would watch the getting started one, tinker around with basic MQ *stuff*, and then go down the rabbit hole with all the other cool tools avail.

This is am amazing community, and very helpful. questions can be posed here on the forums, or in the RedGuides discord channel (link on the main page here).

Again, welcome back, and hold on.. its a hell of a rid
Heya! Welcome to RG!
Thanks! The community seems very active and knowledgeable.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to RG and am an old school EQ player since the game launched. I took a few years break and I am back! I have 7 accounts as I have always multi-boxed. I have Bard, Shadow knight, Shaman, Enchanter, Druid, Ranger, Mage all around lvl 70. I switch the ranger and mage out as needed for the content I am facing. I have been looking into software assistance for multi-boxing for some time and have been running all six accounts on two screens in window mode. I'm pretty good at maintaining a decent amount of DPS but it can be difficult at times when you have more than three mobs...succor spell to the rescue!

Any suggestions on running this group? Feedback is always appreciated!

Looking forward to figuring things out and running some instances solo.

All the best!
Hey man! Welcome back to EQ, and a HUGE welcome to RG! You chose correctly! Join the Discord - It is lively, helpful, and fun!

1st - there are tons of resources available for automation of your toons ranging from simple/free to more complex/free to simple/paid. I do not think there are any complex/paid, so you are in good hands here. Free: KissAssist, RGMercs, probably others but I have no experience using them.

2nd - While the simple/complex free routes are great, lots of resources, work very well with some tweaks...the paid resources, specifically CWTN plugins are flat out, hands down, the best available out there IMHO. Well worth the money spent, and Discord users are always helpful and point you in the right direction. Make sure to read the FAQ and posted threads regarding the plugins, and you will never regret spending the money. $20/yr per plugin where everything is mapped out for you? Literally the most plug and play resource I have ever come across in my EQ career. Additionally, they have resources for SHD, SHM, ENC,MAG out of the gate ready to go. You would use something like KA or RGMercs for the other toons, but they work well together.

3rd - I personally feel Enchanter+Bard is overkill and unnecessary. I would run SHD/SHM/ENC/DRUID/MAG/RNG as your main group, unless you decided to include different chars, specifically more melee chars like BST/BER/ROG based, then switch ENC for BRD. Just my personal opinion.

4th - If you have questions, ask. Multiple people will offer assistance and get you on the right path.

Good luck!

Question - New to RG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back