• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IRL - New to RedGuides but i'm loving what I see and read already! (1 Viewer)

RedCents
170¢
Hi all,

Just wanted to say 'Hi' as it seems you have a warm and active community. Decided on Project Lazarus, after playing 'live' back in the day, live under Daybreak and P99. Completely new to multi-boxing, but i've now got the rig and bandwidth to take things to the next level. Can't wait to do some of the classic/raid stuff with my own group of home-grown toons!

Thanks for having me! All the best.

Welcome to RedGuides!
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Welcome aboard! Like RG, Laz has an active community with plenty of help to be had. Make sure you read the wiki and join the discord. It will save asking a lot of questions in ooc out of the gate.

I gave you a month of "level 2" in Red Guides free. Enjoy! Level 2 can do a lot for you in addition to free use of stuff, it also allows you to give others red cents and if you post cool, funny, helpful stuff you can earn them also!

Only takes 50 of them a month to keep your level 2 for FREE!!!!

Who doesn't love free?

1714405954773.jpeg

Sometimes you do a little dance... sometime you make a bit of love... BUT always GET DOWN TONIGHT. Welcome to Red Guides and the goodness that follows.
You'll get lots of tips...... so mine ...
- be patient with yourself and go slow. There's alot offered here and diving in, feet first, into the deep end is doable... I drowned. Resurrected and went and sat on the first step into the shallow end of the pool. I'm about waste deep a year later.
- ask questions, but do it 1) after you've tried to find the answer yourself and 2) in the correct thread/subject. Every Lua, Macro, Plugin has its own discussion. You can find them via search, or along the red banner at the top of the site.
- Group dynamics? Play what you want.. the following is generally speaking can be debunked by a different point of view, but I'll post the folloing in hope I don't get lit up to badly: you'll want a tank (pal, sk, war), healer (cler, dru sham), and crowd control (bard, ench) then fill in with what you want. Pairings generally go Pal+drui, sk-sham, war-cler. Sk-sham can do any group content at level and AAs. War-cl if you plan on raiding. Bards go with mellee, ench with casters. If you min-max then pay attention to synergies. I dont know what those are, but you need to pay attention to it.
- Chase loot, Ancient cloak of flames, Collection pieces from overseer can all be put into an ulthor's unattuner and made tradable.
- In later expasions, there are aug vendors that sell good augs for 500 expansion currency. Those same augs drop from mobs. You can sell those dropped augs you don't want TO the aug vendor for 350 expansion currency. Augs have to be sold to their expansion aug vendor. Don't destroy the augs you dont want, sell them to the aug vendor and get ones you want.
- speaking of augs, Almost all mellee want to max hDex, casters I have no clue. Though, my shaman I put in hStamina, I think.
- And most importantly, what happens in Red Guides, stays in Red Guides.

Have fun and keep coming back, it works if you work it.

IRL - New to RedGuides but i'm loving what I see and read already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back