• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - New to Multiboxing (1 Viewer)

Vexxev

RedCents
65¢
Hi all,
Super new to this whole multiboxing thing. I've been really against it as I want to play with other people but so hard to find anyone in your level range its not worth taking such a hard stance against it anymore. So Im here to check it out. Kinda weirded out by buying a sub to something Im not even sure I'll be able to fully use, or even know how to use fully. So if anybody would be willing to share their pros cons tips and tricks I'd love to hear about your experience with Redguides specifically vs say downloading MQ(2) from github. Thank ya!

Welcome

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

:rc A Redcent is the currency of our community. You can trade them in for Level 2 access, Krono, and more. Learn about them here:

An rgb sub means lvl 2 access, including the launcher, the resources, the support, strategies, conversations, and knowing you're participating in the best eq community

Hi all,
Super new to this whole multiboxing thing. I've been really against it as I want to play with other people but so hard to find anyone in your level range its not worth taking such a hard stance against it anymore. So Im here to check it out. Kinda weirded out by buying a sub to something Im not even sure I'll be able to fully use, or even know how to use fully. So if anybody would be willing to share their pros cons tips and tricks I'd love to hear about your experience with Redguides specifically vs say downloading MQ(2) from github. Thank ya!
Hi Vex and welcome to RG!

The links Sic provided are definitely a good place to start to see what software is available and how it all works. I'm sure with some time and questions, you will find a way to utilize RG for MQ, muleassist,cwtn plugins, kissassist, and more. There are so many resources within RG, you will be amazed.

I would say the main reason to sub with RG is this community. The Dev's are amazing at keeping things up to date and their effort makes using the software pretty darn simple. Add to that all the others on this site contributing, being super friendly, and always helping to assist in every way and you have a one-of-a-kind community. I know I would likely cease playing if this community was not here. They truly make the game fun to play since as you mentioned, groups are nearly impossible to find.

So if anybody would be willing to share their pros cons
Pros: You have your own group and are dependant on noboby. Make FTP accounts and go crazy with group configurations. Absolutely outstanding.
Cons: You're violating EULA and must be prepared to pay the piper. Be mindful and stay under the radar.

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I might have as well have been new to EQ.

Discovering MQ2 was a gamechanger and I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

KISSASSIST

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

MQ2MOVEUTILS

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome!

Just my two [red] cents!

Unfortunately, MacroQuest of any flavor is against > DBG's Terms of Service <

DBG's stance on 3rd party apps > here < 3rd party apps include things like MacroQuest and MySEQ

DBG's "What constitutes as cheating" > here <

The best suggestions are things like "dont be a jerk", "dont be a hog", "don't go around bragging", "dont afk", "don't monopolize", "try and minimize your impact/presence". Those don't mean that you're 100% 1-cool-trick safe, but it does hopefully lower the potential for getting reported by other players

hmm good to know. Id be curious to know - are some servers policed more heavily than others? I know that 'True box' servers don't allow it at all, so more like would it happen more on Bristlebane vs FV ect. ect.

Edit: didnt finish my sentance.

No one knows for certain how this all works but there is some commonly accepted conjecture. All official servers are policed at a certain baseline. Beyond that there are factors such as server crowding that can lead to being reported by individuals. Obviously a lot of this you can do something about to minimize. If you go rolling around in the middle of PoK with a fifty bot army you're going to get reported a ton. If you just do some camps here and there, share and be humble and attentive and willing to accommodate others or move on when another group rolls in you will *generally* have a better time.

There are people on all servers who get a little crazy and go on these private reporting crusades and it's best to try to avoid those folks at all costs. Test is no exception to this.

Outside of an emulated server that explicitly states 3rd party sowtware is ok, you'll always have some risk.

hmm good to know. Id be curious to know - are some servers policed more heavily than others? I know that 'True box' servers don't allow it at all, so more like would it happen more on Bristlebane vs FV ect. ect.

Edit: didnt finish my sentance.
This is totally my own viewpoint.

Players report other players. A lot. So its not just the GM policing - its player policing too. Not to scare you off. Honestly, I don't know if there is any "policing" actually going on like in real life where the cops (GM) drive around different servers running their speed gun (third party program checker) at players. :siren: The mass suspensions seem to be very random and not server related at all.

I don't care if your boxing, botting, boot scootin boogie or whatever - I am not reporting anyone, its just not that big of a deal for me.

I keep to myself, and prefer going to out of the way places that others do not frequent. There are many of them in the game. Places that were not that popular to begin with and are ghost towns now. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone getting suspended while in an LDON or HA for example.

Seems like there are more GM on TLP and more players complaining about boxing over there. Ergo more suspensions.

My server does not seem to have any GM activity. We have almost weekly guide events but guides are no longer involved in any disputes or anything other than running the little guide event quest. They can call a GM in (which did happen recently when they were asked to because of an obvious issue) but overall they don't go looking for issues.

Sometimes you have to test a server out and figure out what its like by being in general chat in the morning and in the evening to give you an idea of who your playing with. And since everyone has a different perception of another person then you just have to play it out I guess. I rub people the wrong way so I just stay away so I don't get reported.:shh:

Discussion - New to Multiboxing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back