• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New to EQ2... Old Sckool EQ1 hacker (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Hey guys I am new to EQ2 and was wondering if anyone had some tips. I coded quite a bit for for EQ1 (have a red guides subscription to that forum til 2011 lol) and was wondering what tools do we have in EQ2 for automation. What are the major hacks people are using.

I am going to create a fury and was wondering is there anything I should know before I jump in.

Hey! We currently have a tradeskill bot which uses AC Tool. If you wanted to take on the challenge of coding EQ2, those readers would love you.

Are you going PvP or PvE?

Well, if your going down the PvP route then furies own till about level 60 then the other classes start overpowering them. On the other hand Wardens (Almost the same thing as a Fury, but Wardens have more power efficient casting heals and have less DPS.) never stop owning. All the way up to level 70.

Still jumping around classes atm. I seem to be stuck on paladin and I accually enjoy it lol. Anyhow, I will take a look at AC tool and see what I can do with it.

I'm on The Bazaar Server.

I started looking into writing some scripts/macros for EQ2, but I must say i'm impressed with the lack of hacks everywhere for this game. The closest decent thing I've seen is Interspace/ISXEQ2 and if you want to use that you have to shell out a monthly subscription fee to both software titles. I like Lax and Amedaus, but damn that is a little excessive imo.

So if you don't take the ISXEQ2 approach you have to do it through the craptastic 3rd party with no integration into EQ2 approach. Without the integration you can't do macro'd fighting or harvesting. (well not very well)

In the end, to make proper macros and scripts I have to go with the Lavasoft software. Also, it seems the EQ2 forum here is dead. So, I suppose I will be writing scripts for myself. Does anyone else have a diffrent take than the one above?

New to EQ2... Old Sckool EQ1 hacker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back