• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New Player With Questions (1 Viewer)

JadedCthulhu

RedCents
42¢
Hi! I'm a new player to both EQ and MQ2. I've got a few questions if anyone can give me a hand.

• How hard is MQ2 to use for a smooth brain like me? I know some DOS but that's the closest I know to programming.

• I'm on the Retribution private server which has a multi box limit of 3. I was thinking of Zerker/Druid/Bard; thoughts?

• I know there's highly rated plugins for MQ2 listed but are there any hidden gems you'd suggest that makes your lives easier?

Thank you!

Welcome :)

You can understand the basics almost immediately after watching the guide videos :) You'll continue learning if you want for years to come, atm Im essentially just using the plug and play stuff.

SHD/SHM/BRD(or ENC) would likely be my choice of three. EDIT: Though as long as you are having fun, most would work

Last edited:
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

I know people who cant even spell computer who use it. Its got a learning curve, but dont put yourself behind the 8ball by eliminating your ability to understand it off the bat. Achieve stuff by doing. Put in a little time and you'll figure it out. There's lots of videos and lots of people to help.

• I know there's highly rated plugins for MQ2 listed but are there any hidden gems you'd suggest that makes your lives easier?

Thank you!
There are so many hidden gems around here!! Don't try to find them all at once but go at your own pace. The best thing I ever found on these forums is the tremendous help everyone gives each other without being snarky like on other forums.

My favorite gem is Red Cents. You buy level 2 in the Red Cent shop (which you have enough right now) and that gives you access to free things and also gives you the ability to give others Red Cents for good or helpful or funny posts. It does not cost you any to give and in giving them out it will also earn you more.

By passing out and earning these "red Cents" you can use them to keep up your free level 2

Welcome!

Welcome to Red Guides. As mentioned this is a great community, and has something for people of all skills levels. Retribution is a EMU, so I would make sure that when your asking questions you pre face with that, since EMU's arnt exactly the same as live (even for MQ). Follow the video link above, watch read, login, play around, watch read again, ask questions. It is a ton of information, but take little bites, and ask if things seem to go off the rails. @PallyDPS made some EMU videos that you can also check out.

Welcome to RG's, and hope to see you around.

Hi! I'm a new player to both EQ and MQ2. I've got a few questions if anyone can give me a hand.

• How hard is MQ2 to use for a smooth brain like me? I know some DOS but that's the closest I know to programming.

• I'm on the Retribution private server which has a multi box limit of 3. I was thinking of Zerker/Druid/Bard; thoughts?

Thank you!
First, welcome!
Second, for how hard is it? Just get the CWTN plugins. They're worth the money and pretty much do the work for you.
I can't speak to private servers or other plugins, since I play on live and the plugins you'll use will vary depending on your playstyle. Nevertheless, the community here is great. Give stuff a try, die and rez a bunch, figure it out, and then it's an invaluable resource.

Even a caveman can use the tools here.
Play what is fun for you. If you're not set on those 3, I would perosnally run SK/SHA/BRD. Tank is needed, CC is a blessing and the shaman has much love for any group with heals/buffs/some dps
No idea about private servers but if you can use CWTN plugins, life is groovey. Those are the gems that will make your experience shine!

Question - New Player With Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back