• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - new old player (1 Viewer)

ukdengue

RedCents
120¢
I feel so lost i finished my EQ life a few month into gates now i am so lost lol
i have created a few toons and if at all possible what advice would you give.

I am on the fence about MQ2 because i have no idea what to do (i am old lol ) and even though i have watched some video my grey matter seems slow
what addons would you recommend to get started
where would be a good place to grind

any advice / help would be great thank you.

I feel so lost i finished my EQ life a few month into gates now i am so lost lol
i have created a few toons and if at all possible what advice would you give.

I am on the fence about MQ2 because i have no idea what to do (i am old lol ) and even though i have watched some video my grey matter seems slow
what addons would you recommend to get started
where would be a good place to grind

any advice / help would be great thank you.
welcome to redguides!

i'd start by checking out our new user vids

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ addict!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

I would also follow Almars eq leveling guides. He wrote great guides that will help you relearn and gain levels at the same time.

Don't be intimidated. If you can set up one then 6 is already happening. You picked a good time to start again. Take advantage of the xp bonus happening rightnow. Sic's videos will have you up and rolling in no time!

You can still try and get your old EQ account back. It has a few benefits over a free account. Either way I would go thru the tutorial on a new level 1 of your choice and that will help a lot to bring back the playstyle, UI, buttons etc.

There are tons of guides out there - just google. My favorite is right in the game and is called "The Hero's Journey" You can do some of it, all of it, none of it, jump around and do different parts of it but basically its a guide to help you thru the levels. You will earn armor, plat and other goodies by following it.

On your character screen, down at the bottom is a button that says "achievements" click that and it brings up a window that will show some general or level specific quests/missions to do starting at level 1.

Most of all have fun!

sent in a petition with my old info to try and get my druid back

thank you all for the suggestions i will have a look and see if i can get some of this old grey matter working

ukdengue

Hail Fellow Old Person

I felt like you a few years back. Kinda lost and not sure what to do. I will tell you what I used for inspiration to pursue this course of action. I remember the envy I felt when I saw whole groups taking on content that I couldn't solo and then joining groups to do said content. Remember the camps that you couldn't break without a group? And then a friend of mine started 6 boxing with 6 separate PC's. I actually went over to his house just to watch how he did it. He had made a U shaped desk and a swivel office chair and looked like a madman trying to run each character from separate screens. mice and KB's. Sheesh.

Segway to today (23 years later). The computers have gotten better, the internet and our connections to it have gotten way better (remember 2400 bps phone modems?) and the software to run multiple characters from one PC has gotten...well phenomenal. MacroQuest will literally run a 5 man group for you. Is there a lot of setup? Yep hours and hours of reading and setup and testing and re setting to get it just right. But the feeling you get when it's all said and done is like when you first started EQ 23 years ago and made your first successful run from Qeynos to FreePort. Remember that? Yeah, I was literally doing fist pumps after I did it.

Now look, you should know by now (givin your self pronounced "old person" title) that nothing good comes easy. So if you decide to do this you have to make a commitment to see it through. I set my goal this time to get a 6 man group to level 120 from scratch.
So buckle down and start reading and watching videos. The people on this site are wonderful and very helpful. You can ask questions here or in Discord and someone will help you out. I did the first time I set this up. But I had a 6 man group that could run themselves in Grieg's End. Regrettably I only made it to 65 before I quit. I wanted to play another game, and yes it was worth it. But now I am back to finish what I set out to do.

EQ is a blast to play again with a 6 man group. You just have to set your mind to it. I wish you well on your journey "old person" ! BTW I am 67 and my wife tells me all the time what a big kid I am, and she is probably right.

Vrak

Welcome to RedGuides!
Forrest Gump Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two [red] cents!

thank you so much for the advice and help guys

i am in the middle of leveling a hunter and a mage and a SK and shammy i have my 75 druid back
the xp is crazy fast the the min i am looking forward to having my own group and having a blast

I had a friend who just returned last year, he took close to a 15 year break, anyhow. I suggested too him, since he was set on starting out at level 85, to do all the HoT content and go from there. This gave him a greater understanding of playing his characters, aa's, merc, but most of all how to play again.

Yes, jumping into the game at this season in its life, is a lot! But, go at your own pace! My buddy is now well into EoK, he's finishing one expansion at a time.

Now, as far as Mq, we'll it's the best tool any gamer could ask for! RGmercs is awesome for people new too the community. I would recommend starting there, then working your way up this macros or plug-ins.

Overall, you've got a plethora of information and guidance from this community. Enjoy the game, and play what/how you want.

Welcome back!

thank you so much for the advice and help guys

i am in the middle of leveling a hunter and a mage and a SK and shammy i have my 75 druid back
the xp is crazy fast the the min i am looking forward to having my own group and having a blast
So glad you got your old account back. Gave you a red cent so now you have enough to go level 2 in here

IRL - new old player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back