• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - New mouse came with new version of Razer Synapse (1 Viewer)

Dobber123

RedCents
561¢
Razer Naga Trinity
New mouse came with a bunch of garbage. I'm not familiar with the new version of razer synapse and razor central. Can any give me some tips on what I can turn off and is there anything I need to know like privacy settings or something? wish there was a way just to use the old version. If there is a better place to post or find info on this please let me know. Ever time I full with it I loose my custom settings. On a side note, I have been having problems with my Nostromo SpeedPad2. Noticed while playing eq it stops working or switches to default settings. All I have to do is replug it and it works again, but loosing function in a fight sucks.
razer.jpg
missed on background process called Game Manager Service(32 bit)

Wow that is a lot of trash... Yeah you have valid concerns -- it routinely phones home and there's evidence it logs every app you use and keystroke you make. I'm assuming a lot of other apps do this too (which doesn't make it okay).. like discord

Looking around I found a few open source apps that allow customization but they're for linux based OS and not windows -- https://openrazer.github.io/
It sucks the hardware is basically unusable without their crappy software. I'll not buy another Razer product because of it

I figure out how to stop those background processes and went from 60ish to 40ish. Had to change the startup type in services to be able to stop them from starting back up.

Don't buy this mouse. Don't by any new razer products.
I checked the reviews at bestbuy.com before I bought it. I know I read at least 2 pages. They were full of great reviews. A little while ago I check amazon and on the first page, I found this post. Double clicking after only 3 months, I have only owned this mouse for about a month, and it turns out I already have problems with know issues. I thought my scroll wheel felt different and could I possibly be miss clicking, or not releasing the keys, but that can be right it's brand new. Blamed behavior on eq, lag and overlooked it. Well, lesson learned. Read more than 2 pages of review and check more than one sight. I found a similar post at best buy but it was on page 16 or so. I'll be dammed. Kept reading amazon and found problems I have been having for about a month. Disabling service after reboot fixed at least one of them and will allow you to keep buttons, but you will have to relog if you need to make any changes.
It sucks the hardware is basically unusable without their crappy software. I'll not buy another Razer product because of it
Thank you godsfshrmn! I would not have found the info without your post.

Was very happy with mine till the software went to the online always craptastic, then it started double clicking (+- 2 years old) funny to me that the double clicking started a month or so after the software 'upgrade'.
Junked it and got a crossair sabre . Month 2 and still pretty happy with it was a pita to get used to the new feel.

I had the double clicking issue with my Razer Naga. Burned through two of them before I got a crappy Venus MMO Gaming mouse. This thing is cheap and has been a beast. I am sure it is sending all of my information to mainland China.

I use this

https://www.ttesports.com/Mice/230/LEVEL_10_M_Advanced/productPage.htm?a=a&g=ftr#.XVaXQehKhyE

I love it, it looks weird but once you get used to it it is wonderful
That looks interesting. i love the reviews and did not see any about them malfunctioning. I understand there is a wired version as well? How do you like that joystick on the side?
Get a Corsair Nightsword RGB. Best mouse I have ever had. I got rid of the Razers awhile back.
How many programable buttons does it have?

That looks interesting. i love the reviews and did not see any about them malfunctioning. I understand there is a wired version as well? How do you like that joystick on the side?

How many programable buttons does it have?

I only have the wired, the one i linked should be wired I love the buttons on the side, one is for the color and dpi of the mouse and the other is for back and forward for like pages and stuff

Tech - New mouse came with new version of Razer Synapse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back