• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

New Motd And News from SOE on MQ2 Detection (1 Viewer)

Also, while I don't doubt there will be bans, by the simple fact that they announced they are doing this, it tells me that don't want to lose subs. It doesn't make sense to ban people who pay their bills. I would bet that most of the people that use MQ have multiple accounts and I doubt they really want to just ban people.

If they really cared, they would not announce it, they would just ban. It would be like the police telling the drug dealers they are going to raid them soon. "Hey, better stop dealing because we are going to raid you soon!" So announcing it, makes it look like the are doing something, and I'm sure they will post about how they banned some more people on Fippy and such and the playerbase will be all happy again.

Pretty much what beast said piggyzone and warp was nice saved me from running three toons around but really only thing I would be truly upset to lose is melee because the warrior is too irritating to keep on a mob when ur trying to cast on other toons

Agree with the comments here. Don't be foolish to think they will hand out a suspension on warping / zoneing / ghosting, if you are busted with an active hack, your will be BANNED!

Speaking from experience of course, I've been banned 3 times about 7-8 accounts total. I waited a couple years and even got a couple accounts released back to me! However, in most cases the accounts just stayed banned even after several years.

I've only been suspended twice, both times for AFK Macroing.

So let's review.
ACTIVE HACK = Banned
Passive Hack = Suspension + possible ban

If I was in a raiding guild with tons of friends and lived on EQ, I sure as hell wouldn't have MQ2 loaded. Since I'm a family man that doesn't have time to raid and not many online friends, I run MQ2 all the time, but don't use active hacks anymore, and still working on coding new afk macros for lvl 95 toons.

We will see if I get banned, but even if I do, I always wanted to start from scratch so I'll probably just use RAF and level more toons. Or maybe ill got to project1999 and go old school, or maybe ill go to EQMac and relive days of old without hacks. Only time will tell and i'll be sure and post if I get hit by the ever familiar ban stick.

It has taken a little getting used to but no active hacks in use hasnt changed my game-play much other than longer travels and having to clear mobs to get to specific camps, no biggy. Still running bots on my team, I have cut my afk grinding to only half days as to not throw a flag from being active for 30 hrs at a time. No ban or suspensions here. As others have already stated here, I wouldnt push it at the moment if you care about your accounts.

If Moveutils or melee became a problem, Sony can keep my accounts. I'm not playing if I cant box atleast 3.

I'm confident the MQ2 dev population is still in great shape and we will get around some of this again.

Still awaiting the news of the next ban wave to try and scare off us cheaters.:D

Cheat smart folks

Saw this tonight and I'm wondering. There were several dozen other posts, but this one caught my eye.
BertoxRanger wrote:

Piestro

Botting is not legal. Use of that program is not legal. None of those plugins are legal. And if you tried that in a bank you'd be arrested for robbery. Implicit robbery is still robbery.

Would it be possible for you to explain where boxing/binds/macros crosses over to Botting then? I myself am not sure and I dont box. For those that do, would probably be greatly appreciated.

As for *that* program/plugins not being legal it is my understanding that parsers/text triggers/binds/autofires are legal. All plugins for said program.

Good call on the rhetorical, but your not supposed to post a reply to that! Only mull it over in your own head. You've ruined it for others!

Botting= setting up macros to run toons while you are not at computer.

Boxing= Using macros while at computer to control more then 1 toon.

This is a fairly good summary. Although when I box I don't use macros particularly, just 2 windows side by side on the same monitor.

Piestro
EverQuest Community Manager

It's on page 21, about halfway down. I highlighted in red what Piestro says. As long as we don't use MQ, we can bot to our hearts content. ;-(

You can run 50 toons as long ad you don't use MQ2 and there pressing the keys. Boxing more than one toon was never an issue. Which is why programs other than Mq2 probably are not targeted since they do not inject themselves into the game

So is there a program that does what melee does that isn't considered cheating? Rofl because based on what he says im always sitting at the screen while its running I never afk so by his own words im not cheating haha

if u have a keyboard kinda like the g19( I have) u can set it up to do all the same keypresses that u would need to do....but other then that no only mq2...

I am usually quiet and don't say much but i thought i would share this. I have been a long time user of MQ and run minimal macros. I never afk. I was keeping up with the boards and was using the Vanilla compile. I was not running any macros and only using maps. I got a 3 day suspension on 2 toons i was just duoing last few days. Using nothing but maps. So the new tools they have can see thru the vanilla compile. If you value your main don't use any MQ for now. Waiting my 3 days and hopefully get my toons back.

I am usually quiet and don't say much but i thought i would share this. I have been a long time user of MQ and run minimal macros. I never afk. I was keeping up with the boards and was using the Vanilla compile. I was not running any macros and only using maps. I got a 3 day suspension on 2 toons i was just duoing last few days. Using nothing but maps. So the new tools they have can see thru the vanilla compile. If you value your main don't use any MQ for now. Waiting my 3 days and hopefully get my toons back.

What zone were you in? Have you been using any active hacks within the last 3 weeks.

Maskoi,
Yes i was using active hacks last 3 weeks on 4 toons. When Motd started i stop using active hacks and started using the vanilla compile. During this time i was just duoing since its hard to box 4 toons without active hacks. My two toons got suspended but the other two accounts that i did not use much other than load for maybe a TA did not get suspended. So this lead me to believe they started to actively monitor something on all toons to see if hacks were active since the Motd.

It has been posted they have testing and fine tuning for a while though. I am just trying to get as much info as possible.

Are you on the TLP or live servers?

Figure I might be in a unique place to help give you guys some info. I 3 box. I only found out about MQ as a result of the Motd on my server. So around the 5th of december, I started to use it. Ultimately, I decided that I'm getting bored with the game anyway and if I get banned, big hairy deal.

That said, I downloaded the Vanilla compile and started using it with kiss assist, trying not to use any active hacks. I basically, just play my puller only using /melee while I browse forums until the current mob is killed. My other melee dps and my healer are now controlled by kissassist.

I'm nearly always at the keyboard while they're logged in. AFK's are at max about 5 minutes. Im grinding to 95 in a low key area of VoA. Sometimes I group with guildies instead of mercs and play roughly 6 hours a night during prime time hours.

I haven't seen nor heard of anyone getting suspended. I haven't had any issues nor have I been suspended yet.

TL;DR New MQ user, only passive macros, going unnoticed so far.

New Motd And News from SOE on MQ2 Detection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back