• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New here,need some info please (1 Viewer)

RedCents
341¢
Hello.
I am not new to mq2 but word of mouth has told me to try this out instead
Some of the things that I have grown accustomed to however I can't seem to find
I was hoping someone could provide me some guidance on what I could use that would provide similar functionality to what I already was using and I could make it either the same or better than what I had already been using

I was using MQ2BOT
I have a 24 character box group
I was able to designate a main assist and all four groups would acknowledge that same designated assist
I had my bard setup for Pulling
I had my enchanter outside of the bards group handle all the adds immediately.
And my cleric Shaman and druid would heal anyone from any of the four groups as long as I had them on my extended Target window

I'm hoping to be able to do exactly what I had already been doing but even better that is what By Word of Mouth brought me here

Any help would be tremendously appreciated I see there's quite a bit of things offered I don't know where to start

Thank you in advance and thank you for having me

Hello.
I am not new to mq2 but word of mouth has told me to try this out instead
Some of the things that I have grown accustomed to however I can't seem to find
I was hoping someone could provide me some guidance on what I could use that would provide similar functionality to what I already was using and I could make it either the same or better than what I had already been using

I was using MQ2BOT
I have a 24 character box group
I was able to designate a main assist and all four groups would acknowledge that same designated assist
And my cleric Shaman and druid would heal anyone from any of the four groups as long as I had them on my extended Target window

I'm hoping to be able to do exactly what I had already been doing but even better that is what By Word of Mouth brought me here

Any help would be tremendously appreciated I see there's quite a bit of things offered I don't know where to start

Thank you in advance and thank you for having me
howdy Stella and welcome to redguides.

We have quite a few options that would allow you to do something like that:

kissassist - allows you to specify in an ini how/what/where/when
muleassist - allows you to specify in an ini how/what/where/when and has an awesome drag/drop UI
rgmercs - less setup, more out of the box
modbot
entropy
cwtn class plugins - designed to be mostly "out of the box" with minimal setup

Boxing up to 24 here and honestly I think for this situation, KissAssist is by FAR you best option to get up and going quickly. There are MANY pre-made KissAssist .ini available for every class on the RG forums.

You can share your .ini between characters of the same class but in different groups (Set up first mage, create .ini, then just copy and paste for easy setup once the first .ini has been created for every other mage, then move on to next class and repeat) and KA is very very intuitive to setup and run. Once you have all of your classes running you may wish to look at other options down the road, but for now, KA has no other cost than the subscription and honestly it runs like an absolute champ. For years and years I ran AutoBot and ModBot, and I am so VERY happy to have joined RG and to run KissAssist, it honestly makes EQ fun again.

I am reading these as soon as I'm done posting this I just want to say this sometimes I wait days for answers and sometimes I never get them
That was incredibly fast wow thank you what an impressively helpful community I would say beginner's luck but I see a lot of people get a lot of responses very quickly no matter what time it is

.. I am reading the answers now thank you so very much

Many options with KissAssist. As far as designating main assist, you can set your group to assist the group leaders of the group and use hotkeys to send each group main assist to a specific mob whether it be the main mob or an add.

Set bard to puller in the ini file. Chanter or Bard will assist in crowd control outside of group. Use eqbc and connect all of your toons. Set up extended target window and add your toons for out of group healing.

Pretty much reading the forums and setting things up can accomplish what you want. The list SIC posted above is a great start. Read each one over and see what fits your game style.

Welcome to the forums and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I am reading these as soon as I'm done posting this I just want to say this sometimes I wait days for answers and sometimes I never get them
That was incredibly fast wow thank you what an impressively helpful community I would say beginner's luck but I see a lot of people get a lot of responses very quickly no matter what time it is

.. I am reading the answers now thank you so very much
this is the BEST mq2 out there, and the people here are SOO helpful. and yes you will typically get response inside of a few mins to maybe half hour

I myself used mq2bot for everything for years. It did a good all around job and had me up and going quick when I was a super noob. I have a combo of the class plugins and use kiss and rgmercs for the ones that don't have a plugin yet aka bard and wizard. The kiss ini are very similar to mq2bot ini just can be way more elaborate as far as options and customizable as far as spell sets and other things. I started by going through all the available ini and then altering them very slowly to do what I wanted. Guides has more people who will share almost every secret they have I do like that and always people on where a lot of times with bugs was very quiet and ini were not shared much unless umm you knew the right people or maybe bribed. I get way better dps now with the same toons. If you use mq2melee a lot or have lots of melee toons the mq2melee here is not near as elaborate. It is worked around in the macs or plugins or not used at all in chats plugins so if were used to a lot of holy and downs it will be a learning curve there. I bounced between the 2 for a long time after being here for a while I only really miss fastmem. I dream that if some of these macs and plugs has that mixed it it would be awesome but then I come to my senses haha. The redcent program if you use the forums can pay your sub a lot so that is a plus also. Have fun..

Fastmem, that is why I keep on seeing my Book, I had forgotten what that thing looked like.

I have been playing around with RGMercs I think what i need to work (Main thing I want and can go from there is to use the same assist for all groups(I've been testing all day long and so far unsuccessful)
RGMercs I believe its this outsideassistlist:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Literally just figured this out as I was Typing(HUGE BREAKTHROUGH) I am used to typing /blahblahblah=1... Ive been doing that for like an hour with different commands.. all along it was a /blag(SPACE)1..
Now the door is open.. Thank goodness, I knew I'd figure it out.. I am so happy right now

Anywho, What I am attempting to to figure out exactly that , for each of the offered MAcros/Plugins.. Modbot I couldnt quite understand , I know where I wanted to edit is Masterlist=Netbots, but when I put name it didn't seem to work, I'm thinking that's just actually be able to physically issue commands to the rest??????
I haven't gotten into Kissassist ,,Entropy and eqmule yet, as far as CWTN Class Plugins, I have those running, but Where can I alter those inorder to assist outside group (Is it an option?)
I want to try all of these out and see what works best for me

Thank you again everyone for the assistance

I just found a post about using an assist macro along with it,, im going to try that now,,.
How do you set up out of group healing though, Thank you
if you're looking at the cwtn stuff, definitely ensure you check out the > Getting Started with CWTN Plugins <

The out of group healing you just assign your xtargets and turn on xtargethealing - which would be explained in each of the resources

I would 100% not recommend running an assist/combat macro with the plugins, especially if you're looking at kissassist or a similar full routine suite - without fully understanding the nuances and potential for conflicting behavior.

as kaen mentioned, it sounds like, based on the large force you're running, that entropy would be more suited to what you're looking for

Oddly, I have had My Main Tank in EXT Target Window the whole time and they don't heal him, (maybe because put him on Xtarget after I loaded it?
I'm going to try that now see if it fixes.
(this is an EDIT) I think either one of the recent things Ive done has fixed it , or I wasn't paying close enough attention or I am just used to the EQBC announce , but I swore he wasn't getting healed and now that I am watching after only changing my chanter to assist out of group {before I read not to} now Tank is not going below 90HP (end Edit)

Also Checking out Entropy.

Thank you all very much.

Last edited:
If your cleric is using KissAssist, then there will be a HEAL Section.

It should have something like this in it.

INI:
XTarHeal=1
XTarHealList=2|3|4|5|6|7
AutoRezOn=1
AutoRezWith=Blessing of Resurrection

If you are using CWTN Plugins (Really awesome - load and forget for your shaman and cleric) there is an tick box option for them to Use Xtarget Healing and buffing.

Biggest choices are based on how out of the box do you want it? Entropy and modbot are much more customizable. Entropy is fast! If you want to get up and going faster a combo of kiss/rgmercs/cwtn plug-ins are your best choices.

im a bit lost.

Downloaded Entropy.

been at it for a cpl hours now.

on the Discord a few are saying I need to use MQNext.
Is that supported here and will these plugins and macros work on MQNext?
Also, MQ@Lua it will not let me Load it,but says I need it

Question - New here,need some info please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back