• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - New default UI (1 Viewer)

RedCents
3,373¢
So I was asking about the new default UI in guild tonight and I was given some information that I wanted to see if it were true or just conspiracy. When I asked when they are going to fix the UI, by fix I mean make it back to the old way where the window you click on goes to the top level rather than remaining hidden behind the inventory screen and I was told that they have done the ui upgrade in 2 parts and so far they have only implemented part 1. The person then told me that the goal of this UI change is to be a preventative measure against 3rd party software. Is there any truth to any of this? Does anyone know when my UI will be usable again? No I don't want to get a custom UI I have played on the default for 23 years and am too old to learn a new UI.

Solution
The goals of the new UI are here:

The issue they're having is that the new windows will always be on top of the old windows. Once all windows are converted, they won't have that issue anymore.

In the meantime if you'd like to go back to the old UI the instructions are here:

The issue they're having is that the new windows will always be on top of the old windows. Once all windows are converted, they won't have that issue anymore.

In the meantime if you'd like to go back to the old UI the instructions are here:

Solution

Thank you Knightly!

I have implemented this on all my toons on all accts.
It fixed the expected. I was hoping it would also bring my CPU usage down some more but only slightly.
I know I need to upgrade my PC some day... Just lazy to do so. It's only 13yrs old (built myself and upgraded some bits and pieces here and there over the years).

Update for my situation after the changes to the Old_UI:

I have been grinding two groups for hours tonight and my rig has not been sounding like an airplane getting ready to take off. This is actually much better and closer to how it was before the advent of the new engine they implemented.

Very Happy to have this tip!

Thank you again @Knightly for posting the answer you posted, it is appreciated.

~TheFiddler~

I'm interested in discussing upcoming changes to EQ. The recent UI update included the unfortunate side effect of using more system resources, negatively impacting many players client performance. I'm a bit apprehensive, but also optimistic about the upcoming changes. I'm apprehensive because the UI update only included a few elements of the UI and it wasn't ready to give to the full player base. They've shaken my confidence. Will adding more UI elements increase how much resources each client uses, or will the full UI update allow them to shed the old UI engine to make each client use less resources? I'm optimistic because I'm hoping for the latter.

I'm also interested in the implementation of DirectX 11. The biggest benefits will probably be seen in future expansions from the updated tools the developers use to create. What about the possibility of more efficient client performance and stability, or even improved graphics options and textures? I'm hoping for good things to come.

Apologies if I missed this post elsewhere.

Ever since the stupid UI changes, anytime I open a bag or slotted item, it pops under the inventory window. This is just a royal pain in the ass, because I have to keep moving around the inventory window or close it. Is there any way to override this dumb feature and make bags pop up over the inventory window?

I really wish they had given credit to the player who discovered the fix and told all of us about it. But they polish it up to look like they did it. :argh:

I don't think this fix will affect the inventory window popping up positioning but it will fix the white inventory screen, see thru window selector and 2 other issues.

Thank you kind sir.

Not sure if you go to the other forums and if you do what name you use but that is where I found it - posted by Emilari - post #82 from May 17 in this link

Question - New default UI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back